Date: 21-06-24  Time: 21:34 pm

Author Topic: Where to buy Windows 7 Software  (Read 9055 times)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
Re: Where to buy Windows 7 Software
« Reply #26 on: 18 September 2015, 04:35:49 pm »
Be careful. Whilst it will work, it wont be a legal licence. OEM licences are meant to be sold only by Original Equipment Manufacturers. ie The laptop/PC manufacturers with a new PC.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2015, 05:09:42 pm »
Val - does this link you posted http://lee-soft.com/vistart/  mean that my Win 8 will look like Win 7...as in looking like XP but a bit prettier.

Yes your win 8 will look loke win 7  :)

Be careful. Whilst it will work, it wont be a legal licence. OEM licences are meant to be sold only by Original Equipment Manufacturers. ie The laptop/PC manufacturers with a new PC.

You are right. The one on sale is not OEM. It is full retail boxed version that anybody can buy and install.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2015, 05:13:26 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2015, 06:00:36 pm »
Val - does this link you posted http://lee-soft.com/vistart/  mean that my Win 8 will look like Win 7...as in looking like XP but a bit prettier.

Yes your win 8 will look loke win 7  :)

You are right. The one on sale is not OEM. It is full retail boxed version that anybody can buy and install.

BB/Val - if i bought this one below would i be all good to go ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-Microsoft-Windows-7-Professional-64-Bit-SP1-Full-Version-Product-Key-/301625561098?hash=item463a48d00a

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2015, 06:10:33 pm »
Frosties, are you not interested in a free one then?  :eek You can pay me for it if you want :)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 18 September 2015, 06:16:15 pm »
Frosties, are you not interested in a free one then?  :eek You can pay me for it if you want :)

Red you complete wind up merchant - you could of said that 2 days ago and saved all the posts. Don't tell me....you keep it in the safe :lol .

If you have one to sell then yup i'm up for it........got one ? :wall

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18 September 2015, 07:05:53 pm »
Mmmmmmmmm...what have I done now then ?     
One, is never going to be enough.....

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18 September 2015, 07:19:51 pm »
Mmmmmmmmm...what have I done now then ?   

:lol :lol :lol :lol  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh c'mon Red, you got one or have you forgotten where you put it. I swear you're worse than me for wind ups.

I'm off for the rugby now.........40-10 to England after a tight first 3rd. Those Fijians are tough and Nodolo is dangerous.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 18 September 2015, 07:32:56 pm »
Mmmmm....fridays are my busiest days and by this time iam ready for the weekend,switched off now and havn't got a foccin clue what your on about....or have I missed something.........time for a beer me thinks  ;)

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 18 September 2015, 08:37:58 pm »

BB/Val - if i bought this one below would i be all good to go ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Latest-Microsoft-Windows-7-Professional-64-Bit-SP1-Full-Version-Product-Key-/301625561098?hash=item463a48d00a

This is OEM one. Strictly speaking only vendor can install that as stated on Dell PC. Means not exactly legal. Not that I've ever heard for any single case of Microsoft complaining.

After you install it you need to activate the license. Only god knows that activation will work or not.

The link you have is no different than this one: http://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-7-professional-product-key-label-coa/?gclid=CjwKEAjw7O6vBRDpi7O-8OWSkwESJACNFsgxBOLL3btS3GVT2BocCxFIozAF5fsEhUlRgNjDRV7OaRoCY9Hw_wcB

which is cheaper £20. You may give it a go. No Guarantee from me though. Probably will work.

Having said that I know people that get activation keys from free sites and install winodws for free. Bear in mind Microsoft actually was encouraging actively free winodws distribution, this is exactly why windows is so much popular and used compared to say Apple OS  :)

Again the only 100% legal way is to buy full Retail windows. Otherwise instead of buying half legal one for £20 - £30 you may as well go full monty and get one free.

In the past upgrade versions were cheaper. Now Micorosft has messed with prices so much I have no idea.

You can go there and run Upgrade Assistant to see what are your options and price from microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/upgrade-assistant-download-online-faq

Click the second button for XP. That is actually good idea to check is your hardware compatible with the new software too.
« Last Edit: 18 September 2015, 09:03:49 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 September 2015, 08:58:15 pm »

Red you complete wind up merchant - you could of said that 2 days ago and saved all the posts. Don't tell me....you keep it in the safe :lol .

There is no need to insult me when I am offering you something for nothing :'( I'm not red thank god, :moon as he is much older and uglier, :lol but if you look back at the 11th post I offered it to you then. http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18267.msg210475.html#msg210475.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19 September 2015, 11:27:45 am »

There is no need to insult me when I am offering you something for nothing :'( I'm not red thank god, :moon as he is much older and uglier, :lol but if you look back at the 11th post I offered it to you then. http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,18267.msg210475.html#msg210475.

Ooops sorry fella, got carried away  :o . No comment on Red as I've never seen him but will take your word  :lol .

Right, many thanks for the offer which totally passed me by. With the safety net you can offer I'm going to upgrade to Win 10 and if you're not still upset at my blatant insult will take you up on your offer of help. Will let you know how i get on.

Cheers for all the advice fellas  :thumbup

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 19 September 2015, 11:30:56 am »
Will let you off with a warning this time. :pokefun
PM me if you need the code :thumbup

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 19 September 2015, 11:43:49 am »
Mmmmm....fridays are my busiest days and by this time iam ready for the weekend,switched off now and havn't got a foccin clue what your on about....or have I missed something.........time for a beer me thinks  ;)

Sorry Red, wasn't paying attention to who was posting what  :o

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 19 September 2015, 03:47:16 pm »
 :lol   nice to know iam not the only one   :lol

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 19 September 2015, 05:56:07 pm »
While we are on the subject of Windows 10, I have tried 5 times to upgrade to 10 but can not get it to recognize my printer (HP2540) in wireless mode, so have gone back to Windows 7. I`ve got it to work via the wired set-up. Can anybody tell me what I`m doing wrong ?

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 19 September 2015, 06:15:28 pm »
Apparently you have to reinstall your printer then it'll work......whatever that means?
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 19 September 2015, 09:01:05 pm »
Uninstall the printer and then download and run Printer Install Wizard
It is free tool from HP to get the best driver for windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10

pete786.u

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 20 September 2015, 07:51:06 am »
Well, thanks for that unfazed and darrsi. Did as you said and now its all running OK :woot

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 20 September 2015, 10:14:53 am »
Well, thanks for that unfazed and darrsi. Did as you said and now its all running OK :woot

Job's a good'un.  :thumbup

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 24 September 2015, 07:20:21 am »
Anyone had any grief with slow Windows 10 using Google Chrome?

Done a bit of research and it would appear it's quite a common issue.
I had the problem which would take minutes to open up a tab, so moved over to Microsoft Edge, but i wanted an advert blocker like Adblock which i've always used and gets rid of annoying unwanted ads and pop ups.
The only Microsoft Edge version is Adguard, which you have to pay for after 15 days and apparently can actually slow your system down, plus it didn't work with my internet security, so i was in a bit of a kerfuffle for a few days.
Then after looking around i finally tried something and  :woot

SOLUTION: Download ADWCLEANER, run it, then do a clean with whatever it finds.

Everything suddenly pinged to life and became really fast, so i'm back on Chrome, using Adblock and have my Kaspersky Security all working in harmony together again. :D

Adwcleaner also got me and a few mates out of shite last Xmas when some bored Grinch twat decided to infect everyone's computers for fun.
I had at least 5500 bugs on my laptop which were ever increasing and it also took control of my web browser and there were ads popping up EVERYWHERE.

It looks such a simple programme once opened but it is VERY effective bit of kit and worth downloading and keeping on the desk top just for possible emergencies in the future. When it took over Google Chrome i was lucky to be able to open any page at all at the time.

Worth a go if your computer is lagging in any way as well as it's a very thorough cleaning tool without any side effects, regardless of which version you're using, it's got top marks from me.  :thumbup

« Last Edit: 24 September 2015, 07:23:16 am by darrsi »

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 24 September 2015, 08:22:04 am »
Decided to stay well clear of Win 10 Darrsi but useful to know.

Solved my issue by buying a very good condition " Dell Latitude D630 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo 60GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 7 Pro" for £100 - it's purely for work and doesn't have the NVidea card fitted which has caused previous Dells to overheat and die.

The SSD drive is bloody quick and i'm a happy bunny. I now have a new challenge.....

My old Dell Latitude D620 laptop running XP has a lot of info on it and need to transfer it across to the new D630. To me there must be a way of using the Ethernet ports and a network switch (have switch and leads) with a full access new folder or something on the new laptop to transfer the info. Trouble is, I'm not sure if I'm correct in my thinking.

Any ideas welcome

Cheers again :thumbup

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #47 on: 24 September 2015, 09:22:29 am »
get both laptops connected to the same network and share the folder on the old laptop. You can then copy it to the new one (from the new one).

Depending on the size of the documents, it will probably be quicker to use an external disk or USB stick though.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 24 September 2015, 11:56:50 am »
Decided to stay well clear of Win 10 Darrsi but useful to know.

Solved my issue by buying a very good condition " Dell Latitude D630 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo 60GB SSD 4GB RAM Windows 7 Pro" for £100 - it's purely for work and doesn't have the NVidea card fitted which has caused previous Dells to overheat and die.

The SSD drive is bloody quick and i'm a happy bunny. I now have a new challenge.....

My old Dell Latitude D620 laptop running XP has a lot of info on it and need to transfer it across to the new D630. To me there must be a way of using the Ethernet ports and a network switch (have switch and leads) with a full access new folder or something on the new laptop to transfer the info. Trouble is, I'm not sure if I'm correct in my thinking.

Any ideas welcome

Cheers again :thumbup

To be brutally honest I was one click away from reverting back to Windows 7 a couple of nights ago because I couldn't see a solution to what was going on, but I knew if I persevered I would get there eventually and sort something out, then 15 minutes later it was all sorted.

Once you've played about with Windows 10 it isn't too different from Windows 7 and it made sense to grab it while it's free because it is still an upgrade whichever way you look at it.
All new things have teething troubles but they will get fixed in good time.
« Last Edit: 24 September 2015, 11:58:30 am by darrsi »

unfazed

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 24 September 2015, 06:56:43 pm »
What you had Darssi was malwareadware playing around in the background and the software you ran was an malware/adware remover. Since not all  malware/adware is classed as a virus or trojan, anti virus programs tend to ignore it.

It usually stems from the old problem of people clicking next, next, next when installing free programs :wall or using downloaders like softonic, there are a few others, but I have found softonic to be the worst of all. It installs all sorts of junk. :rolleyes

Oracle got a slating for installing mywebsearch with its Jave installation :eek . It was preticked during the installation of Java and many missed it.
If you have it on PC/Laptop with mywebsearch get rid of it, this little beauty slows down you system and does a tries to control your web searching. Uninstalling it by normal means is not always successful or possible, which begs the question if it was legit why is it so difficult to remove it all.

For your information Malwarebytes is another good adware/malware remover

I love malware, because I make plenty money removing it  :lol