Date: 15-06-24  Time: 21:35 pm

Author Topic: FAZER 1000 - OLD MANS BIKE?  (Read 6680 times)

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
FAZER 1000 - OLD MANS BIKE?
« on: 20 February 2012, 10:17:48 am »
http://www.exup1000.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11062 Anyone wish to contribute? Old Man??  Some Pics maybe, Devils and Kosmic??
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: FAZER 1000 - OLD MANS BIKE?
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2012, 12:31:57 pm »
well std form it is classic looks so yeah i would go with a middle age group of bike. it wont apeal to whippersnapers that want all noise and top end bhp and handling that dose the work for you.
its more for your biker that actualy knows what is needed from a good all round bike.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2012, 02:48:51 pm »
well ya  :D  , hence the smells of wee tag , but I have a Tuono  :b  and of when I did own a Fazer they were the real roads upright R1  :evil  lol
Its just a ride

dekker555

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2012, 07:34:10 pm »
'Tis in my case, (at 80) Ivanised and resprung, what more could I ask for? A bit of sunshine perhaps?

cable tie

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2012, 09:00:39 pm »
OLD MANS BIKE!! pub talk shittttt

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2012, 09:33:30 pm »
OLD MANS BIKE!! pub talk shittttt

But look how clean it is... :rolleyes :lol

I'm 22, but I feel like an old man

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2012, 10:03:40 pm »
Personally, i think Fazers look the b*ll*cks, its one of the reasons why I bought one! And, as shown by some of the gorgeous examples that have been done by people on here, there is plenty of scope for personalising and improving the already good looks. Didn't catch what this guy was already riding, was it an R1?

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2012, 10:31:58 pm »
Cleanest nicest Fazer IMO goes to Cable Tie. You could eat your dinner off it. Can we have a pic when it's been out in the rain please.

Fazer still does it for me, be it a more evolved version. Probably like most on here.

When I first saw the Fazer in the flesh, first time, I thought I've got to have me one of them. My mates took the pee because I got down on my knees and paid homage to it. A bike that ticked all the boxes - touring, trackdays, lane scratching, motorway munching, motorcrossing, but still looked like a proper hooligan machine. I couldn't stop grinning. I knew once I sat on it all the other people that were queing  to get their mitts on it may as well f off home because I wasn't getting off it until my mates dragged me off. I never felt like that about any other bike, well at least one I could buy. I love its looks and I love riding it. A supurb bit of kit. I dare say from standard issa goooood but once the springs are sorted issssssa very goooooooooood.

A recent pic of mine.

« Last Edit: 20 February 2012, 10:34:46 pm by Kosmic Kartman »
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 February 2012, 08:37:04 am »
Na shit bike's boring as a bandit only social retards own em cant mod em should never have been made

thats all the other bike's taken care of  :rollin
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 February 2012, 09:04:20 pm »
That's why I like them too. Stealth bike! Especially when some snotty twunt on a Ducati at a track day bumbles up to me and says 'I wouldn't dare go out on that' (pointing to my 60,000 mile old Fazer). Cheeky get. He sharp changed his mind when I went out in the fast group and lapped half of them. And he was only in the medium . . Revenge is sweet etc.

Having said all of that, it has been around a long time and styling's moved on - most bikes are much more angular these days - so I can see why it was said. So, since there's no new Fazer on the cards, I think it's stupid fast Kawasaki next. ZZR1400, I think, with bar risers! But I'll never sell the old man's bike.

pilgrim

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 February 2012, 09:18:23 pm »
Well, I'm giong to ignore everything he says :b
If he thinks Bolton is ' the land of fortune and opportunity' he obviously has absolutely no idea what he's talking about :lol
Might pop out this weekend and see if I can spot him :lol
Phil
An old man
In Bolton
Its better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake.

squitbit

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2012, 11:58:02 pm »
It must be an old man's bike, I'm 53 and got one, 54k and rising by 330 miles a week. Bike just eats those miles with never a rattle. Still goes like shit off a shovel, Ivanised with SO kit by Falcon in I think it was 05, R6 shock from Luke, tatty as hell but allows me to earn my beer vouchers every week. Yamaha made a damn good un. anyone know how that woman in Oklahoma is getting on that had around 200k on hers?

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2012, 07:41:55 am »
by todays standard of aesthetics the gen1 indeed is an older design. But it still does have a classic bike look and appeal. Its got no pretensions like say a Z1000, its just a solid do it all bike.Amazing power for its genre, great handling once stock suspension is overhauled. A great tourer too. There is a long list of attributes.
I have never been into bling as such, but the bike does need a pep up  to try to look contemporary.
Personally I bought my fazer  as  a "sleeper" , a wolf in sheeps clothing .....I had so much fun on my track day in september...yet if I was on an R1 , I would feel pressurred to ride like a racer or else I would look ineffectual. My fazer lets me ride how I want to ride, and for me thats a big part of the attraction.If you want to cruise thats fine, if you want to boogey , hell- it will keep up with latest sports 600s...

..but you could argue that is an " older" mans perspective of biking in any case !!    :lol

ps , yes I would like to eat my dinner off daves bike please !

tommyteeman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Husqvarna 701 sm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2012, 08:19:46 pm »
good bit of banter over there  :) I'm with you pit, often run mine with an empty top box fitted, tends to make you transparent to the law.......got pulled on the m180 a while back with average speed of 97mph in the pelting rain !......couple of sensible "yes officers" and was on me way, think it would have been a different outcome if I'd been on say a R1 with race leathers etc. Often thought about selling, but still cant find a better replacement  :lol

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 24 February 2012, 07:50:04 am »
my one and only pull over on any bike in 36 yrs of  UK riding was on my first fazer in 2002. I was dressed in touring gear , riding solo, quiet can....and got let off, despite being 10mph over limit....bet if I had race leathers/ loud can/ bunch of mates...fine for sure. Plod do react to image.
I also got away with a stop inswitzerland in 2008   with my blueflame can cos it had a baffle inplace. Other riders got fines and one was told to leave the country ! ...

I love my fazer , I do !     :lol