Date: 01-06-24  Time: 11:51 am

Author Topic: Bike phone bluetooth  (Read 7989 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Bike phone bluetooth
« on: 11 May 2015, 08:36:39 am »
Of those of you who have Bluetooth headsets, which phone is good for getting the app for navigation .

I have found this link for headsets,,are they the ones some of you use?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/bike-intercom-rider-pillion-2012/dp/B005FNH29E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426439376&sr=8-1&keywords=bt+motorcycle+intercom
Bill
« Last Edit: 11 May 2015, 08:38:57 am by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: Bike phone bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2015, 09:35:42 am »
I use a dedicated garmin GPS but goggle maps is fine if your just listening 
Its just a ride

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2015, 12:16:55 pm »
I use a dedicated garmin GPS but goggle maps is fine if your just listening

Do you use it through a smart phone ?
if so which phone?

and which headset? thanks

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2015, 12:20:35 pm »
i purchased those same bluetooth headsets last month. come from china so took just under 2 weeks to come and i have to say so far they are better than i expected. connect easily to my iphone and can play music through the bluetooth connection and take calls very easily, not used the sat nav yet but they should all work fine as other notification messages come through fine. nice little feature is that they have an fm radio aswell.  range isnt as far for intercom as far as stated but still a good distance and fine for me.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2015, 12:59:25 pm »
i purchased those same bluetooth headsets last month. come from china so took just under 2 weeks to come and i have to say so far they are better than i expected. connect easily to my iphone and can play music through the bluetooth connection and take calls very easily, not used the sat nav yet but they should all work fine as other notification messages come through fine. nice little feature is that they have an fm radio aswell.  range isnt as far for intercom as far as stated but still a good distance and fine for me.
I was looking at the above too, could you tell me if you've tried linking to other bluetooth headsets with it and if you did, what results you got?
Thanks,
Sinto
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2015, 02:03:03 pm »
not tried to connect any other headsets to it as i havent got any other one and dont know anyone with a different one either, sorry

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2015, 03:06:13 pm »
Sena smh5 and Sony xpeira Z1
Its just a ride

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 May 2015, 05:55:22 pm »
not tried to connect any other headsets to it as i havent got any other one and dont know anyone with a different one either, sorry
Thanks for the Panther :)
The hunt goes on then for me, wouldn't like to buy something then not able to connect to my mates, who have different sets but they can connect, think it's save loads of money to get their sort of sets....£300+ though :rolleyes
« Last Edit: 23 July 2015, 01:48:51 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

Panthor

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 May 2015, 06:41:54 pm »
If anyone near me wants to try and see if it will connect to theirs I'll be out and about Sunday afternoon on the bike if the weathers nice llanelli area probably goin up m&p then Llandrindod area.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 May 2015, 09:38:41 pm »
If anyone near me wants to try and see if it will connect to theirs I'll be out and about Sunday afternoon on the bike if the weathers nice llanelli area probably goin up m&p then Llandrindod area.
Let me know if anyone accepts and the results, would be grateful :)
Sinto
Colin
----------------------

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2015, 10:03:02 pm »
well i have ordered a micro soft lumnia 640 5" sceen phone.

and also a pair of the above linked headsets..

I wanted to try a bluetooth phone with sat nav app on the bike,,i am off to Germany,Nurbergring 3 nights and then on to Mugello to see the moto gp, week Sunday,,cant wait.

So the sat nave will be good to try.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2015, 10:07:00 pm »
I was looking at the above too, could you tell me if you've tried linking to other bluetooth headsets with it and if you did, what results you got?
Thanks,
Sinto

They will all connect together regardless of make as they will be connected via Bluetooth. Remember though if you are connecting more than one pair you have to connect each pair individually if that makes sense.
For instance, if you are trying to connect three headsets together for a three way conversation you have to pair headsets 1&2, then 1&3, then 2&3.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2015, 10:37:53 pm »

They will all connect together regardless of make as they will be connected via Bluetooth. Remember though if you are connecting more than one pair you have to connect each pair individually if that makes sense.
For instance, if you are trying to connect three headsets together for a three way conversation you have to pair headsets 1&2, then 1&3, then 2&3.

Sorry Grayo, I thought that way too, that it's bluetooth and would connect to any other bluetooth device till investigation, I found out that's not true :(
As we stand at the moment, some of the companies are allowing software updates to allow inter compatibility but not all. It's something to do with the 'blolcks' they put into their original software to force you to buy only their makes, every company done it, thus making you and whoever you wanted to talk to buy from that one company. But as they've all realised it would be better if they were all able to 'talk' to each other, hence the upgrades. But until they've all upgraded, we're in limbo land, could take a couple of years before all them are completely compatible.
Colin
----------------------

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 May 2015, 09:52:33 am »
Bluetooth is the transmission protocol only, it does not cover the format of the data being sent.

As an example; we can consider this forum a "transmission protocol" that we all know how to use, but if someone started using French or Spanish (the data format), only a select few would be able to understand and reciprocate.

There are also software blocks as mentioned above because manufacturers can be bastards. It's also worth mentioning that not all devices are transmitters, some are only receivers - most bluetooth earpieces you can pickup from a phone store are receive only. I would expect all but the cheapest bike sets to be two way though :)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2015, 08:22:50 pm »
Well the blutooth headsets arived wo days later
http://www.amazon.co.uk/bike-intercom-rider-pillion-2012/dp/B005FNH29E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426439376&sr=8-1&keywords=bt+motorcycle+intercom

Microsoft Lumnia 650 5" phone,,,,all new tech to me so step by step learning curve,,

i still dont know how to add a contact into phone book,,duhh

Anyway tried the phone on music,,came throught the heaset into my helmet beatiful stereo,,mind i am walking around my orchard with a bike helmet on,,ringing myself up with another mobile and answring  "hello",,,its in my hand (twat) :lol :lol :lol :lol

hope n-one was watching :eek

phone playing music,,phone rings,,press button on side of helmet,,take call,,press button again,,return to music,,,easy/

now to see if gps sat nav speaks to me,,go for a ride in morning.

so far amazing bitof kit,,two headsets for £60,,can talk bike to bike too.

i am off to Italy in a week,,so plug in phone,,music on and way hey,,nowto amazon,,download a few albums

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 16 May 2015, 08:35:54 pm »
Sounds a bargain, keep us posted of how you get on with them, and if you get a chance to try and pair up to a different make I'd be really interested :)

I'd be worried about my phone losing charge if playing music all day, hope you've got a charger on your bike :)
Colin
----------------------

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18 May 2015, 11:11:03 am »
Well drove to town in the car with my helmet on,,,kids loved it :lol :lol :lol   (in car with me)to see if bluetooth music,sat nav worked,

you can have music on blasting away and the sat nav cuts the music to give directions then goes back to music :D

Brilliant.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18 May 2015, 08:33:20 pm »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :useless :rollin :rollin :rollin
One, is never going to be enough.....

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 May 2015, 06:09:23 am »
:agree
Maybe he was like this?
:lol
Colin
----------------------

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19 May 2015, 06:57:06 am »
That helmet is kind of gross,,yuk,,, :lol :lol

Now got loads of music on the phone memory card.

fazerboy01

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 May 2015, 05:31:54 am »
Myself and several friends have;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-helmet-intercom-Headset-800Meter-Uk-/251932664862?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aa85b641e

and find it an awesome piece of kit, I have bought a spare clip and headset for my spare lid, but in my other, I use it daily to listen to Music and make calls, both out-going and in-coming. My Mrs has got it on her lid and we've just linked them for helmet to helmet, and thats pukka too.

Highly recommend. I'm riding around 6/7 hours a day and the battery lasts 2 days, My music is very Bass-y and suffer no distortion, gonna buy another set as back up incase this unit goes wrong, which I hope it dont!!
Have used it in sunny warm weather AND very wet heavy rain, no problems.

Controls are easy to navigate with RST summer gloves, am yet to try with thicker Winter gloves.

Hope this helps

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 May 2015, 09:19:04 am »
Are you using these on flip lid helmets or will they fit full face lids?

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 May 2015, 05:08:19 pm »
I found the HTC desire good for satnav on blue tooth  but the Samsung s3 is very good although it may be android which is good as the voice is a rather nice sounding  female brit
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

fazerboy01

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 31 May 2015, 02:22:43 am »

Full Face, A G-Mac Pilot, AGV K3 and a Nitro. The kit comes with a pinch type clip that slips up the outside and under the cheek pad, or another bracket with some serious sticky stuff on it, I've used both with no issues, both very secure. Just take a little time fitting the mic/speakers, under the padding as it looks better and helps protect the wires.

dickturpin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 June 2015, 12:13:14 pm »

Full Face, A G-Mac Pilot, AGV K3 and a Nitro. The kit comes with a pinch type clip that slips up the outside and under the cheek pad, or another bracket with some serious sticky stuff on it, I've used both with no issues, both very secure. Just take a little time fitting the mic/speakers, under the padding as it looks better and helps protect the wires.

I wondered about the size of the microphone.... Does it sit flat, it looks bulky in the pics?