Date: 17-06-24  Time: 10:23 am

Author Topic: I like this.  (Read 6689 times)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
Re: I like this.
« Reply #25 on: 16 May 2015, 11:46:07 pm »
Forget batteries - hydrogen fuel cell technology is the way to go for electrical power.

Honda have proved it works far better than rechargeable lithium battery technology in electric cars (a range of 250 miles between fill-ups in the hydrogen Accord, with performance at least equal to the petrol powered version).

I dont really know why this technology hasn't taken off (maybe because it's successful enough to show the oil companies that if it was properly followed up, there would be no need for their petrol and diesel fuels).

The silly thing is in this country if it is windy and the wind turbines are able to produce more electricity than is want they get turned off and the owners are paid any how. So you would think that at these time hydrogen would be produced. If there is not enough demand from vehicles at present it could be used in gas turbines to produce electricity when the demand is there.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 May 2015, 08:07:17 am »
They said in the video that they don't make it with gears - seems fair enough to me. I'd like to give it a try because as they mentioned in the video, you get all that torque from the electric motor at any given RPM... that's gotta be fun!

I'm confused... I already watched the video, what exactly did I get wrong?
didn't get anything wrong. I continued watching other clips that was suggested on the tube and their was another bikd from the competition which had gears. Apparently gave more feeling of riding a bike.

Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 18 May 2015, 05:30:25 pm »
The trouble with hydrogen is it's production on a larger scale when derived from water (which is ultimately the most sensible source). It's doable, but requires a lot of investment still which companies just aren't prepared to do as long as oil remains at an acceptable price.

I totally agree that it is the way to go though :)