Date: 16-06-24  Time: 09:35 am

Author Topic: WANTED: FZ1s  (Read 2113 times)

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
WANTED: FZ1s
« on: 29 March 2015, 11:45:37 am »
hello Foccers... It's that time of year where the old girls are brought out from hibernation... And I guess some of you out there will be itching for a new machine... I am looking for a clean fz1s with preferably under 20k miles.. So if any of you are looking to sell then drop me a line... Cheers  :smokin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: WANTED: FZ1s
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2015, 04:18:49 pm »
Why the change charlie???
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 March 2015, 08:16:06 am »
The fzs 1000 is an awesome bike... But I'm looking for a more modern version of her.. Also I can plug my laptop in to tune and tinker... Plus I've gone upside of a standard fz1 and she left my beast and I couldn't even play tag in the corners... I know the fz1 isn't everyone's cup of tea but they do make me smile... And I ain't getting an mt09 just yet... Well bank of Charlie aka the Mrs will not allow it just yet!!  :rollin
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 March 2015, 08:18:20 am »
Just thinking I've a 03 silver fzs1000 with brand new tyres and 32k in silver for sale... the first £2k takes her..lt will be going on eBay this week at £2250.  :lol

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2015, 10:32:54 am »
I've gone back to a gen 1 after owning a 10 plate gen 2 for a couple of Years, and I love it!

The gen 2 is a sports bike with flat bars, no doubt about it, and if that's what you want, then go for it. I tuned mine up to get some awesome power, but you just can't get rid of that sub 4k dullness, something to be aware of!

It handles better than a gen 1, and feels a Hell of a lot lighter. Quite useful really, because you'll be man handling it through petrol stations a lot more often, also the seat isn't as comfy, and you'll be welcoming the rest. :P

Good luck with it!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30 March 2015, 10:55:16 am »
Stevie you traitor :lol ....next youll be telling us that Maxxis diamonds are rubbish :b

True about the seat though....i hope my airhawk cushion is the answer...will feedback if i everr get the bike on the road again.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 March 2015, 08:16:17 pm »
:D:D:D:D Noggy, you crack me up :D:D:D
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2015, 08:23:21 pm »
Nog steer the Sargent is the best of the bunch imho
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)