Date: 16-06-24  Time: 07:39 am

Author Topic: Winter glove recommendations? (Don't mention bar muffs)  (Read 14250 times)

fireblake

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Winter glove recommendations? (Don't mention bar muffs)
« Reply #50 on: 19 October 2014, 12:40:51 pm »
Golly, whilst reading a few of the above comments I'm a bit shocked about the longevity of some of the so called good gloves. I've been wearing my non branded gloves for about 14 years and they are just starting to get a little bit damp, nothing really but when I put them on the next day I notice that they are a tiny bit damp. I bought them from Infinity at the same time as I bought my Hein Gericke Master V jacket. The jacket has a zipped cuff so the gloves have a Neoprene skirt and are gauntleted to cover the out part of the cuff with a neat little meshed drain hole to let the water out. As I was saying the gloves are only just about showing signs of dampness the next morning. They are Gore text with a leather outer skin. I've never had an Off so never tried out the modest protection which looks like it wouldn't last too well. I ride all year long and at least 4 days a week with only snow keeping me off the bike. I'm very impressed. I might go into Infinity to ask for the name?
P.S. My summer gloves are Alpinestars GP Plus or something like that, so maybe the winter gloves aren't used ALL year but as I work a lot of nights I do use them more than my summer gloves.

Mickey
Sent from my villa in the South of France.