Date: 02-06-24  Time: 01:45 am

Author Topic: Vibration noise around the clocks area.  (Read 1560 times)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Vibration noise around the clocks area.
« on: 01 August 2014, 02:05:03 pm »
I have a vibration around the clocks at around 3k revs, this has been there ever since I have owned the bike, if I push onto the clocks the noise goes but tube clocks are tight with no exesive movement, and the bike is so smooth with virtually no noticeable vibration through the legs,seat, handlebars or tank. Is there anything that is common to cause this vibration noise?

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Vibration noise around the clocks area.
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2014, 02:22:17 pm »
I've had two vibrations from my clock area before. The first one was an aftermarket screen which was touching the fairing Infills when it vibrated at a certain rpm.

The second one was worn out padding on the underside of the infill which causes the. To vibrate. A couple of sticky foam pads from eBay later and no vibrations or buzzing noises. Worth a look for you anyway, try pressing down the Infills when it does it see if that's your cause :)

solorider

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2014, 02:49:42 pm »
If I press in the top of the clocks the vibration noise goes.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2014, 03:00:29 pm »
There are a few things that cause vibs in the general location -
  • make sure the infill panels arent missing there little strips of rubber along the edge that touches the inside of the front fairing. (5lv2834e00)
  • make sure the 2x rubber dampers that go under the outside edges of the clocks aren't missing (5LV2834610)
  • if you have a non-std screen you can get vibs from where it touches the front fairng - I put some strips of single sided foam there, I cut the strips from a sheet i got from hobbycraft. (this can also be used for the edges of the infills if need be)
  • make sure the rubber stop between the front subframe and front fairing isnt missing (18a2472400 )
  • Once the bike has done a few miles the front sub-loom connector can vibrate against the fairing on the l/h side - I used a bit of the single sided foam on the fairing there.
If I press in the top of the clocks the vibration noise goes.

That will be the top end of the sub-loom, locate where is rattling agaisnt the headlight/fairing and apply some foam tape.
« Last Edit: 04 August 2014, 03:02:09 pm by b1k3rdude »