Date: 02-06-24  Time: 11:11 am

Author Topic: Fazer Insurance  (Read 1951 times)

Devic

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Fazer Insurance
« on: 04 July 2014, 11:35:49 pm »
Just a quick question, before I start using comparison sites and unleashing the spam on me.

Got a call from my broker today, was expecting my insurance to go up by about £20 as I got 9 years no claims and been riding 31 years so was a bit shocked to find it had gone up by almost £80, the next cheapest was £146 more.

I did a mid term adjustment in earlier in the year when I went from my old 1999 Fazer to a the new 2007 Fazer S2 thinking there wouldn't be much difference in renewal as according to several sites they are both Group 12.

I know some companies charge extra the newer the bike due to replacement costs and the value of the bike but wasn't expecting such an increase from a company I been with for years.

I mean a friends son has 2 years no claims, is 21 and driving a 1.8 Seat and paying £2 more a year than me for comprehensive which is a bit of a p*** take considering I've never made a claim and I been on the road 29 years longer than him. 

Just wondered if anyone else found insurance being put up by a lot this year?

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Re: Fazer Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 05 July 2014, 12:04:56 am »
According to martin lewis remaining loyal to a company is worst thing to do. Call your broker ask him to do better or you'll go elsewhere. I believe from a past experience brokers are given an initial price to offfer an a price to  drop to if risk of losing customer.   worth a try and nothing to lose
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Devic

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 July 2014, 12:12:12 am »
Funny was just reading the Martin Lewis stuff, when they phoned today they said that the company weren't offering any discounts so will do what I did last time and go back to a different broker and see what they give me. Strange the reason I changed in the first place was because of this situation a few years ago and my current broker offered me exactly the same cover with the same company for £55 less so think it's time to shop around again.

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 July 2014, 12:18:20 am »
think I'm paying about £140 for a FZ6 and MT-01 fully comp. went up by £60 but got it reduced to £20 increase try benetts for a quote.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 July 2014, 09:01:39 am »
yep,got to shop around,just renewed cage insurance...reminder £259.70....phoned them up,said i thought it a little high and after 9 years with churchill was thinking of changing........went quiet......."how about £137.80 sir"........thank you   :D
One, is never going to be enough.....

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2014, 09:38:42 am »
Use the comparison sites.  I use em for loads of stuff.  Save a fortune.

Costs me 100 quid, fully comp, to insure the thou for a year.

Punkstig

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05 July 2014, 10:33:32 am »
/\ use comparison sites but do it with fake name /email and use next doors address.
Some say...

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 July 2014, 10:40:47 am »
Devic yours sounds like my situ only Im  on a "98" plate garaged and paying £69 fully comp, try MCN comparison.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 July 2014, 11:44:02 am »
piss taking foccers
I passed me advanced and hit 50 and thought I've gotta be quids in now!!!!
went up by £50 to £130 ish

done the comparison sites and the cheapest is about £87 with bennetts
fire never sleeps

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 July 2014, 11:51:28 am »
These high quotes ---------- do any of you have points
Hmm -- their you go you see 50 years old getting past it now.
Somtimes it is actually cheeper if you go fully comp than if you go TPFT

kawasutra

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 July 2014, 12:22:24 pm »
Just a quick question, before I start using comparison sites and unleashing the spam on me.

I have a Yahoo email account. This has a very nifty option called Disposable address. What I do is setup a disposable account to use for comparison sites, and once I'm done, I delete the disposable address, leaving me no need to unsubscribe, or deal with unsolicited emails!

Also, I would expect a rise in premium going from a 99 bike to a 07 bike, simply coz of increase in value of item insured. The line I hear from insurance brokers is usually "underwriter's put their prices up x%."

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 July 2014, 12:30:57 pm »
I had a quote for a 2012 street tripple and was £25 more than my fazer 98

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 July 2014, 03:04:51 pm »
Spanish quote for my FZ1 fully comp €670.00 and they are allowing me to keep my 8 years UK NCB. I asked if they were loading the policy because of my age, I am nearly 66. No they say, best I can get is €175.00 TPF&T but that does include recovery, which is compulsory out here. I am currently with Carole Nash £179.00 fully comp but also has UK&European Breakdown & Recovery, buy I do have points.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
« Reply #13 on: 05 July 2014, 03:39:48 pm »
Never accept the first renewal quote. They also try it on to catch those too lazy and gullible to bother shopping around.

Last renewal mine doubled, did have an unresolved claim, so expected a bit of rise. Still, I gave them a bell and haggled, upped my annual mileage by 3k and blagged a renewal for just £20 more than previous year! Then couple of months later, when claim was resolved in my favour I got a nice £50 cheque refunded.

Devic

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05 July 2014, 04:42:27 pm »
Thanks for all the replies, I've just done the comparison sites and got some quotes as low as £75 for fully comp although it started to add up when I added extras on that I normally have like legal cover although still a lot cheaper. Was surprised to get around 15 quotes cheaper than I currently have although looking at some of the independent sites to compare companies there were a few that had really negative ratings based on user comments.

Still be handy to print out a selection of quotes and take them in to my broker see what they say if they think I am going to leave and go elsewhere.

I did use my real name and address Punkstig after reading the terms and conditions as I had to put my reg in and it's cross checked, although I used my pay as you go back up mobile which I can change the sim and a disposable email plus any junk mail I just use there pre paid envelopes and send the lot back to them lol   

mhowse

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 05 July 2014, 05:04:50 pm »
Have also been doing the comparrison sites ready for up coming renewal, least there are more companies that can do online multibike quotes looks like be saving at least £50 this year unless my renewal can match it when it comes through, which I doubt very much.

I never give my real phone number to them just think of numbers like 02020202 and have a seperate hotmail account for quotes saves on all the junk from them if decide not to take out the quote given..

Never bother with add on extra's use autoaid breakdown for all bikes and cars £38 a year and why bother with legal cover when so many free sharks out there that will do it for nothing as in link below.
http://www.yourkey.info/

Devic

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 06 July 2014, 10:33:31 pm »
Well I will leave the disposible email active for a month before deleting it, well providing I've had all the quotes back so I can email them and request my info is removed from there systems. Had my first call from MCE today but missed it and just read they constantly phone and hang up so won't be answering them and end of the day will just pay 99p or get a free sim as it's a £10 phone, just a number I use just to give so my actual home and mobile number aren't known.

Did get a funny email from my current broker today asking me to comment on my experience with them when they phoned me, think when they read it tomorrow morning they will wish they never asked  :lol

Interesting site by the way I bookmarked that.

« Last Edit: 06 July 2014, 10:35:45 pm by Devic »