Date: 01-06-24  Time: 11:41 am

Author Topic: the clarkson debate  (Read 21953 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: the clarkson debate
« Reply #75 on: 09 May 2014, 12:07:11 pm »
I've met her. She's very nice  :)

Were you holding food at the time?  :b

Careful, someone will accuse you of being a "fattist".

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 09 May 2014, 01:20:36 pm »
I've met her. She's very nice  :)

Were you holding food at the time?  :b

Careful, someone will accuse you of being a "fattist".

This is where the argument goes full circle again.
Being a slender 16 stone myself, is it okay for me to joke about it but not skinny people?
Probably not, but I do have a sense of humour, unlike the PC brigade who want to turn people into robots!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 09 May 2014, 01:38:39 pm »
Hoho, you are so funny you stupid fat foccer.

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 09 May 2014, 03:09:42 pm »
Interesting the whole racism bit - apparently its ok to denigrate the white indigenous working class by referring to them as 'chavs' and some articles about so called feckless white chavs i've seen in the press would have caused a storm if the word 'Chav' had been replaced by 'paki' which I wouldn't condone either - but it's time for a more equal playing field, how much do we hear about the 1m plus white slaves carried off from Europe to Africa by berber pirates in 17 & 18 century - nix! but endless stories of black people being sold into slavery by their own people and transported to the USA where they were incredibly badly abused are repeated endlessly. 

Do I think people should be judged by their skin colour NO but that includes all of us and white farmers who are being forced off their land because they are white deserve as much support as black christian Sudanese who are being attacked by their Moslem arab neighbours.  Just a thought that anti racism needs to apply evenly .......   
This is as young as you're ever going to be!

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 09 May 2014, 03:23:28 pm »
Hoho, you are so funny you stupid fat foccer.

You on the other hand are obviously just a complete prick who sees how far he can go to wind people up and take things to the limits.
There's a difference in being humorous and having a laugh.......or being you!

Simon.Pieman

• Club Racer
  • Life of Pie
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 09 May 2014, 03:34:52 pm »
Interesting the whole racism bit - apparently its ok to denigrate the white indigenous working class by referring to them as 'chavs' and some articles about so called feckless white chavs i've seen in the press would have caused a storm if the word 'Chav' had been replaced by 'paki' which I wouldn't condone either - but it's time for a more equal playing field, how much do we hear about the 1m plus white slaves carried off from Europe to Africa by berber pirates in 17 & 18 century - nix! but endless stories of black people being sold into slavery by their own people and transported to the USA where they were incredibly badly abused are repeated endlessly. 

Do I think people should be judged by their skin colour NO but that includes all of us and white farmers who are being forced off their land because they are white deserve as much support as black christian Sudanese who are being attacked by their Moslem arab neighbours.  Just a thought that anti racism needs to apply evenly .......   

Gets my vote as the most sensible post on this thread.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 May 2014, 03:35:00 pm »
apparently its ok to denigrate the white indigenous working class by referring to them as 'chavs'

I looked up the definition and history of 'chav'. 

Chav - a young working class person who dresses in casual sports clothing.
History - added to the English dictionary in 2005.

Oh yeah, 'chav' is such a heavily loaded dangerous word man, just like nigger - eh?  Not!

but it's time for a more equal playing field, how much do we hear about the 1m plus white slaves carried off from Europe to Africa by berber pirates in 17 & 18 century - nix! but endless stories of black people being sold into slavery by their own people and transported to the USA where they were incredibly badly abused are repeated endlessly. 

The difference is that you are taking of a 1/10th of those taken to the Americas.  It does show that slavery does go across all races.  But in general it has been discrimination aginst black people, particularly African blacks, often descendant of slaves that continued to be discriminated against until very recent years, and some would say continue to be discriminated against to this day.  And you certainly get that impression on the fazer forum!

It was for example, not that long ago that the UK was supporting apartheid in South Africa.  So no its not ancient history.

but endless stories of black people being sold into slavery by their own people and transported to the USA

Oh yes, of course it was their own fault- what? 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 09 May 2014, 03:37:11 pm »
You on the other hand are obviously just a complete prick who sees how far he can go to wind people up and take things to the limits.
There's a difference in being humorous and having a laugh.......or being you!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Just words dude.  Sticks and stones, yeah, know what ah mean?  Having a sense of humour failure you stupid fat cunt?

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 09 May 2014, 04:14:15 pm »
VNA at no point did i say it was their own fault that they were sold into slavery - critique if you like but do it honestly, don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say because it suits you.

As to 'Chav' you make my point for me by your reply - it seems ok to use chav to denigrate an entire class of people because it's more acceptable to do that to white people than others who aren't white.

Apparently it's acceptable to enslave by forcible mass kidnaps 1m+ white people by Berber raids across Europe and attacks on shipping as its a smaller number than those transported across the Atlantic - really???

As to being discriminated against because of your colour that applies to white farmers in Zimbabwe who are being murdered and driven off land they have farmed for over a hundred years in some cases purely because they are white Zimbabwean citizens not black citiizens yet what reaction do we get to that - next to nothing ......Like I said in my original post - do I condone prejudice based on skin colour No! -  but that applies across the entire spectrum which includes prejudice against white people by black people as well as vice versa -that,unfortunately, is the point you seem to be missing.

This is as young as you're ever going to be!

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 09 May 2014, 04:25:20 pm »
:stop shall we take Andy's point that words can indeed be very offensive and in return he'll stop being insulting :thumbup

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 09 May 2014, 04:42:58 pm »
:stop shall we take Andy's point that words can indeed be very offensive and in return he'll stop being insulting :thumbup

Clarkson started it........ :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 09 May 2014, 04:47:55 pm »

It was Caretaker......get him!!! :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 09 May 2014, 04:51:28 pm »
Time for me to wade in with my arrogant & ignorant & pathetic views.......apart for the PC brigade and the people who are actually abused who really gives a fuck.....not me as I'm just a sweaty sock watching my own country trying to get rid of English rule....is that racist too :eek

I do pity for what's going on in other countries but we all have our own fight to fight and kids to feed whether we are black, brown, yellow white or Scottish white (a kind lighter pale blue white).

Racism, sexism, bigotry, sectarianism, homophobia etc will always exist.....dealing with it is another matter.....but I don't give a fuck either way....live and let live and let die. :evil

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 09 May 2014, 06:09:04 pm »

Glad you got the point! 

Perhaps I went a bit far, sorry.  But surely I don't have to go through all the historical uses and associations of the word nigger again, do I?

VNA at no point did i say it was their own fault that they were sold into slavery - critique if you like but do it honestly, don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say because it suits you.

It's clearly what you were implying.

As to 'Chav' you make my point for me by your reply - it seems ok to use chav to denigrate an entire class of people because it's more acceptable to do that to white people than others who aren't white.

As I pointed out in my reply chav has absolutely nothing in terms of power and history as nigger does.  So no  I took your point apart I didn't make it.  Go back to page 2 bud and read again.

Apparently it's acceptable to enslave by forcible mass kidnaps 1m+ white people by Berber raids across Europe and attacks on shipping as its a smaller number than those transported across the Atlantic - really???

Clearly not.  Here I'll repeat myself for your sole benefit;

The difference is that you are taking of a 1/10th of those taken to the Americas.  It does show that slavery does go across all races.  But in general it has been discrimination aginst black people, particularly African blacks, often descendant of slaves that continued to be discriminated against until very recent years, and some would say continue to be discriminated against to this day.  And you certainly get that impression on the fazer forum!

It was for example, not that long ago that the UK was supporting apartheid in South Africa.  So no its not ancient history.

Oh try page 2 again.  And lets hope at some point racial discrimination become history just like Berber piracy.

As to being discriminated against because of your colour that applies to white farmers in Zimbabwe who are being murdered and driven off land they have farmed for over a hundred years in some cases purely because they are white Zimbabwean citizens not black citiizens yet what reaction do we get to that - next to nothing

I mean talk about going off at a tangent, getting hold of the wrong end of a stick, trying to change the subject.  Rhodesia was a British colony, blacks access to land has been restricted since the 1930's, blacks had few rights and no say in the running of the country, the incomers, the colonisers had of course took all the land.  So no the anger directed against white farmers is not simply racial and only the extremely ignorant could suggest that it is so.  And actually Zimbabwe is frequently in the news and the plight of white framers has been given, rightly, much coverage.

Like I said in my original post - do I condone prejudice based on skin colour No! -  but that applies across the entire spectrum which includes prejudice against white people by black people as well as vice versa -that,unfortunately, is the point you seem to be missing.

Whilst I agree to some degree with your sentiment, I have to say that as a white male I have never felt threatened, uncomfortable in fear of my life or whatever becuase of the pale milky white nature of my skin, even when I've been the only white man in sight.  I have been the butt of good humoured jokes in some such situations.  However I am at a complete loss as what the point is that you wish to make.

not me as I'm just a sweaty sock watching my own country trying to get rid of English rule....is that racist too :eek

A sweaty sock?  As you should know Sockish Independence is not racial it is inclusive, and is most certainly not about what colour of socks you wear or whether they are sweaty, smelly or whatever.  All sockswill be equal in Sockland. 

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 09 May 2014, 06:30:42 pm »
mate, i dont know you, i definately dont understand you, and im not into people falling out on the internet, but dude, let it go! is there not a racist forum somewhere for you to vent your rage? this ones mostly about bikes after all, any other subjects are just padding. im not having a pop, just trying to get you to see it wouldnt hurt to put the brakes on a bit..

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 09 May 2014, 06:55:26 pm »
mate, i dont know you, i definately dont understand you

Me?  Don't worry I don't understand me either.

im not into people falling out on the internet, but dude, let it go! is there not a racist forum somewhere for you to vent your rage? this ones mostly about bikes after all, any other subjects are just padding. im not having a pop, just trying to get you to see it wouldnt hurt to put the brakes on a bit..

Well exactly, I'm here cos I'm into bikes amongst other things.  I might be a political animal, I might even have been involved in anti-racist and anti-fascist campaigns, but I don't start political threads on foc-u and I certainly don't go about trying justify the use of language that discriminates, hurts and belittles others.  And I certainly don't think that anybody should have to put up with being called, what the English dictionary defines as the most offensive word in the language, a nigger.

Is it possible to sum this up?  False outrage over the un-broadcast rushes of a presenter whom likes to court controversy  saying or trying not to say or mutter something that sounded like - nigger.  Said presenter has a apologised unreservedly for the clip that was not broadcast but leaked and any offense that may have been caused by him not saying the word or sounding like he might have said said word in the footage that was not broadcast.  End of (non) story.
« Last Edit: 09 May 2014, 06:56:51 pm by VNA »

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 09 May 2014, 06:59:36 pm »
mate, i dont know you, i definately dont understand you, and im not into people falling out on the internet, but dude, let it go! is there not a racist forum somewhere for you to vent your rage? this ones mostly about bikes after all, any other subjects are just padding. im not having a pop, just trying to get you to see it wouldnt hurt to put the brakes on a bit..

.....+1...well said ogri48 ;) ...

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #92 on: 12 May 2014, 10:55:46 am »
I work in a very multi culteral office and we were discussing this issue when the point that a BBC Radio Devon DJ played his version 1932 of the song "The Sun has got his hat on" and in the 2nd verse the N word was used and he was sacked, because a listener heard it & was offended.
the DJ didn't blank the word out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-27370996

non of my colleagues were offended by the accidental slip because it was an accident! also we all said that as kids we learnt the nursery rhyme with that word in, with the exception of the chinese bloke!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 12 May 2014, 03:19:15 pm »
absolute pile of shite!

grew up with that and didnt do much harm. White folk making problems so their names gets in the press.

Some of the most racist folk are Pakistani. problem is mosst of us dont understand the language so are none the wiser!!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #94 on: 13 May 2014, 07:30:03 am »
One thing I hate almost as much as racism is political correctness.

« Last Edit: 13 May 2014, 07:30:38 am by Slaninar »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 28 May 2014, 11:42:02 pm »
mate, i dont know you, i definately dont understand you

Me?  Don't worry I don't understand me either.

im not into people falling out on the internet, but dude, let it go! is there not a racist forum somewhere for you to vent your rage? this ones mostly about bikes after all, any other subjects are just padding. im not having a pop, just trying to get you to see it wouldnt hurt to put the brakes on a bit..

Well exactly, I'm here cos I'm into bikes amongst other things.  I might be a political animal, I might even have been involved in anti-racist and anti-fascist campaigns, but I don't start political threads on foc-u and I certainly don't go about trying justify the use of language that discriminates, hurts and belittles others.  And I certainly don't think that anybody should have to put up with being called, what the English dictionary defines as the most offensive word in the language, a nigger.

Is it possible to sum this up?  False outrage over the un-broadcast rushes of a presenter whom likes to court controversy  saying or trying not to say or mutter something that sounded like - nigger.  Said presenter has a apologised unreservedly for the clip that was not broadcast but leaked and any offense that may have been caused by him not saying the word or sounding like he might have said said word in the footage that was not broadcast.  End of (non) story.

Into bikes lol. could do with spending more time riding the fecking thing than posting the shite you do on here. Gone again for a spell

MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 29 May 2014, 07:11:16 am »
I do sincerely believe this topic clearly shows how hyped up the whole issue of so called racism is in this country. Can anyone actually say they are really discriminated against in a realistic way any more?...how can we compare slavery , torture, and such terrible treatment of people ( of all colours) back through history ...with a slip of the N word on a private video... ! Take a step back, the issue is preposterous.
And before VNA begins his dissection of what people are writing ...look at what they are saying instead.

My own proposition Is that a large number of indigenous UK white people now feel threatened and even discriminated against by all the racial slurs made against them..rather absurdly usually by white people , rather than the people who actually  are claimed to be discriminated against .Hence the growing support for parties like *KIP.( better not write the full name cos it probably will upset someone.)

Plus, sort this one out....a polish friend of mine  condemned the Bulgarians and Rumanians as thieves and vagabonds...and is most upset that they were able to come to the UK...is that racism ???....or is this OK because they are not UK white ethically??

IMO its now time in such a now multi cultural country we need to redefine just exactly what is racism...

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 29 May 2014, 08:11:33 am »
Die thread, die!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 29 May 2014, 08:39:41 am »
I foccin hate blacks......... And reds.... And yellows....and silvers ... And gunmetals... But I hate blacks the most.... There so foccin slow ....
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

CRH

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 29 May 2014, 08:46:06 am »
I foccin hate blacks......... And reds.... And yellows....and silvers ... And gunmetals... But I hate blacks the most.... There so foccin slow ....
.....Black"..slow?...ya never seen a ethiopian eat his dinner???????????????? :rolleyes