Date: 15-06-24  Time: 22:31 pm

Author Topic: Dunlop Qualifiers  (Read 717 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Dunlop Qualifiers
« on: 16 February 2014, 06:58:08 pm »
Anyone tried Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers?  My brother has a brand new set he says I can have (although unfortunately not the marchesini magnesium race wheels they are coming off...)

Wondering if they will square off rapidly.  I currently have a 190 maxxis sportmaxx on the back with a metzler K2 ex race tyre on the front, both of which are coming to the end of their lifetspan.

While I am at it, the 190 rear is squashed onto the std rim which is really for 180.  I do have a 190 R1 rear that I might stick on, any handling issues when doing this?
Intentionally left blank

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Dunlop Qualifiers
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2014, 02:29:00 pm »
Probably no worse then the handling issues you are already used to...

Unless you are really, really stuck for cash, why would you put on tyres someone else felt the need to take off? The Qualifiers are stunning tyres, but wasted on the Fazer and will wear like shit. Put on a new set of T30's (or any other current ST tyres ) and you will see just good the are and the extra life will more then make up for the extra cost.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Dunlop Qualifiers
« Reply #2 on: 18 February 2014, 03:18:24 pm »
Well they came brand new fitted to some race wheels or something, he doesn't need them as he runs slicks on the bike he is putting them on.  I guess I will try em anyway, I found a few reviews and they seem to be pretty decent
Intentionally left blank