Date: 01-06-24  Time: 14:35 pm

Author Topic: Dedicated "off" thread  (Read 20308 times)

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated "off" thread
« Reply #50 on: 22 January 2014, 09:19:07 pm »

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 22 January 2014, 09:28:45 pm »
Oh man, that's heartbreaking! Looks like it went down quite hard judging by the depth of the scrapes on the engine covers. Damn, fairing! Repair or replace? Fold-up levers didn't save much! Feel for you Pete. Scrapes on you don't look too bad, bit sore though eh? How? C'mon, fess up!

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 22 January 2014, 09:33:10 pm »
eeesh, how'd it happen?

Not trivialising it because the damage to both you & your bike look painful but at least it's fairly superficial, glad it wasn't worse. Blue fairing on ebay atm:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS-1000-Fazer2001-2005-5LV-front-upper-fairing-cowl-/191042902463?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2c7b0b59bf

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 22 January 2014, 09:54:45 pm »
Blue fairing on ebay atm:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-FZS-1000-Fazer2001-2005-5LV-front-upper-fairing-cowl-/191042902463?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item2c7b0b59bf

They don't come up too often either, as I found out a while back - so if it's good, it might be an idea to snap it up.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 22 January 2014, 10:16:37 pm »
Evenin all.... I thought i was very lucky and the bike crashed well. I was doin bout 55/60 on norf circ just after a 50 cam but x-eleratin gently past a car doin 50 ish and a car about 15/20 meters behind.  I could see trafick in front but it wasn't in our vicinity and was aware of only the one car behind me. All good. Then the car pulled out without any signal so i jammed the anchors but couldn't avoid him and he clipped the bike. 1 slice of Tarmac cake please. So i rolled a few times and my legs kinda stopped that and I remembered the car behind and started to go fetal thinkin i was gonna get hit ( never been more frightened in my life) then i heard a skid and the driver avoided me. Foccin lucky. Quick check and nuffin broken so I'm up and on the central barrier like a foccin rampant cricket and looked back and all was clear. Norf circ @ 6:20???? Foccin miracle. The chap in the merc who was behind me waaaand down iz window and said ...r u ok? Yes I'm ok. I'm gonna park my car by your bike wait there ok? No foccin  R-gument  from me. I sit on the barrier and he comes back and asks if i ok and can I walk etc and i answered yes. I asked him if he got the reg and he said ... Sorry no i was to busy tryin to avoid u. Again no foccin argument from me...so he said come on let's go sort the bike. Then the traffic came bibbin like a bunch of people who couldn't give a foc , which they didnt and stoppin us get to the middle lane where the bike ended up. My new best mate wasn't impressed and started say some unsavoury words lol but we got there in the end and got it up. I switched ignition off and started to walk up to where i went down  and picked a set of house and bike lock keys that I knew I had lost and they survived the traffic nippin past ...i had a look for a traffic camera....none but it was dark.....then quickly remembered what a foccin drama it is to get any footage off the bastids ....and went back to the bike ,switched on the ignition and it fired up like the pure thoroughbred that blue bikes are ;-) so i shake the drivers hand and contemplate remembering him in my will and focced of to find somwhere to park up and look at the damage. Mmmmmmm.... I thought it would be much worse and while I was smokin the best ciggy i'd had in foccin ages lol i was already feelin better. it looks a bit shitty but it drives like normal apart from the mega clunky gear change   And it wont go into neutral. It either clunks up or down into 1st or 2nd. Not sure if the clutch plates took a hit as that seems to be where the bike acted as a free yamaha crash bung ( Yama steelers my arse lol) so mainly cosmetic. Thank foc. Plastic weld? Spray job. New crutch/rotor cover. Sort the gear change and levers bar ends and new belly pan or repair?

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 22 January 2014, 10:24:06 pm »
My new bog book

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 22 January 2014, 10:31:48 pm »
Hi Expnut, sorry to hear about it. Thank foc you're OK.
If you are thinking about plastic repair, you probably already know about http://www.sudden-impactuk.com/
As good as new. Not cheap, but usually cheaper than buying replacement.
I've had to use them more than once .... They might give you a discount for bulk  ;)

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 22 January 2014, 10:39:59 pm »
Foc, sorry you had to go through that Pete. So if I read right, it was a hit & run. Whoever hit you was a total bastard. This is why I wear a helmet cam, I cannot trust folk anymore, especially on London roads. At least there was somebody kind hearted enough to help you though.

dBfazer600

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I is Zedonk
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 22 January 2014, 10:50:01 pm »
Wishing you a fast recovery mate. Your legs look sore has hell but you came out alive which is the main thing.

Daz
She Ain't Exactly Pretty, She Ain't Exactly Small, Fourt'two Thirt'ninefiftysix

You Could Say She's Got It All.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 22 January 2014, 10:55:00 pm »
Foccin ell that has brought up some memories from my off now :( , same side, similar damage, similar speed.

There's always a complete good egg nearby who helps out....this is never the bawbag that actually causes the accident...they are too busy doin a runner & justifying their actions to themselves & getting home in time to watch the Apprentice.

Are you walking like john wayne yet?...couple days after i had totally stiffened up, could hardly walk even though i jumped outta the grass full of adrenaline after the fall, my leg is still a bit focced.

Points to make:-

-quite allot of Blue damage......could a different colour have faired differently? :b

-someone a while back was dissing these type of levers...look like they are still working and intact.

-no copying of the noggyfighter allowed.

-get some more beers in....beer is your friend. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 22 January 2014, 11:52:24 pm »
Difficult one without any evidence I guess... perhaps should report it just in case?

Good to see you didn't take too much damage and the bike looks pretty repairable. Plastic welding isn't terribly difficult which is good, but I'm not so certain about spray painting as I haven't had to do it and I've heard that the cold temperatures of winter can produce some less than perfect results.

Noggy is also right, more beer is a good thing. I remember after my off we ended up with beer and pizza at my old place haha

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 January 2014, 12:10:13 am »
Can't figure out what the gear change problem might be. Can the clutch be affected by a heavy knock on the cover? Has the cover actually been pushed in? Might be worth putting in the Thous section for an answer. Or I suppose it's just as easy to whip the cover off and have a look. I take it the gear lever and linkage is untouched?

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23 January 2014, 07:01:14 am »
Linkage is good. When I pulled over and checked the clutch i had to adjust it furthest out at the lever. Made it easier but stil clunky as foc. Gonna ring me mate who helped me with exup valve and get the clutch cover off. Have a looksee.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 23 January 2014, 01:44:25 pm »
I think the clutch isn't disengaging properly as in first with clutch pulled in i cant roll the bike backwards. Well just a tiny bit but it's not as easy as it should be. Also if i ride it like this am i likely to fuck up the selector?

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23 January 2014, 02:42:32 pm »
No, you will just wear the clutch plates a bit more when trying to change gear. Without seeing the bike a bit more, I can't say as to exactly what's causing it

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23 January 2014, 05:27:53 pm »
Will a timing/rotor cover from an 01 fzs 1000 fit an 03 ?

http://bit.ly/1hnrYx9

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23 January 2014, 05:54:22 pm »
glad to see your all ok mate and the bike is repairable gets harder to get over as we get older.will keep a look out for parts.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 23 January 2014, 05:57:34 pm »
As far as I am aware, there aren't really many changes across the years with the thou are there? I would be incredible surprised if it didn't fit

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23 January 2014, 06:15:48 pm »
Cheers dead. If someone can tell me for sure I'd buy it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23 January 2014, 06:22:09 pm »
Just a point and feel free to call me up on this but so the thread dosent get full of other stuff perhaps it would be an idea to start another thread about repairs and keep this tidy with the off description itself, and some "shit mate" and some if and how it could be avoided and what have you.
Im not a mod its a free forum, dont want to upset anyone -- but what do you think
Oh and by the way your knee looks like a smiley face !
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23 January 2014, 06:41:52 pm »
Sorry to hear about your off , at least you walked away , and a bike can always be repaired/replaced .

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23 January 2014, 06:50:54 pm »

Just a point and feel free to call me up on this but so the thread dosent get full of other stuff perhaps it would be an idea to start another thread about repairs and keep this tidy with the off description itself, and some "shit mate" and some if and how it could be avoided and what have you.
Im not a mod its a free forum, dont want to upset anyone -- but what do you think
Oh and by the way your knee looks like a smiley face !

Ok fazersharp i got no probs with that. I'll post up a bits wanted thread :-)

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 23 January 2014, 06:51:41 pm »
i have a new timing cover no fairing though if its a stock indicater i have that foot rest to if damaged
i have a new band for the exhaust with rivits

« Last Edit: 23 January 2014, 06:52:52 pm by devilsyam »
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #73 on: 24 January 2014, 12:13:34 am »
Sorry to hear about yer off Pete. That's another reason you can't ride my bike.

In all seriousness you were very lucky the North Circ wasn't rammo with traffic. No breaks to your bones is good and love the smiley face thing you've got on your knee... bet that cheers you up.

Looking at your clutch cover I reckon it's probably been slightly pushed in which would explains the gear change issues.

If we get time on Saturday we might be able to change it there and than for your ride home. But I might have to leave you beavering away in my garage from time to time. Shouldn't take that long to change as long as the gasket is not clagged on.

Rubber Crocodiles to you and Luke  :lol

Think I've just twigged what Luke's on about and will tell you on Saturday.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 24 January 2014, 12:19:28 am »
Sorry to hear about yer off Pete. That's another reason you can't ride my bike.

HA!

Thanks, Kos! Exup now owes me a tenner!  :lol
The Deef's apprentice