Date: 01-06-24  Time: 16:30 pm

Author Topic: short levers  (Read 835 times)

lincs1963

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
short levers
« on: 02 November 2013, 02:42:11 pm »
Hi guys.
 Has anyone had any experience of these 'cnc machined short brake and clutch levers'?
I have looked at other peoples and spoken to owners of machines fitted with these and most people seem pretty happy with them. I also asked where folks got them from and some were bought from UK suppliers and some from China, Hong Kong etc, but in the flesh they are all identical. Anyway I went ahead and ordered a set from China. Very happy with the quality, and the brake lever was a straight swap, however the clutch lever is another story. It went on ok but the cable was not running in a straight line, it was necessary to shim the pivot point by about 12mm and machine some alloy off the lever to make everything line up. The only real problem now is that the microswitch that prevents starting the engine without pulling in the clutch is not in use, you can start the engine with the clutch out and in gear.
Not too bothered as they were under £20 inc postage, I have looked at pazzo and ASV levers and they also don't appear to operate the microswitch.

TL/DR short story how have others gone about fitting these levers, and are you happy with them?
Cheers, Neil

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: short levers
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2013, 09:28:28 pm »
Pazzo short levers on mine.  The clutch switch works perfectly.  I also have a set of Chinese Pazzo copies on my '99 R1 and they're also good value for the money.  Again, no problem with the clutch switch but you have to remember to take the bronze bush out of the original level and fit it to the replacement or else the pivot will be too loose.

lincs1963

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2013, 10:30:30 am »
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have re used the bronze bush but had to put about 12 stainless washers onto it to make up the thickness. The original lever being made up of two pieces, one on top of the other, was twice as thick as the new one. also the small 'arm' that operates the microswitch is nowhere near long enough to reach.
Having said all that the clutch works perfectly and unless you are aware of my mods it isn't noticeable. As an added bonus I contacted the seller to make them aware that the item is not just a straight swap for the original, they got back to me, apologised and refunded my payment!

brooker81

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - Busa,Fzs600,
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2013, 11:41:13 am »
Yep i love my pazzo's too would never go back, i really dont know how i lived without them.