Date: 28-04-24  Time: 07:48 am

Author Topic: Easter Egg run (Glasgow)  (Read 13758 times)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Easter Egg run (Glasgow)
« Reply #25 on: 04 March 2016, 05:38:05 pm »
I fancy a bit of this.... what do I have to do.. turn up with a chocolate egg strapped to the bike or something?!?

:\
Your more than welcome to come along, unfortunately this year's run has to be a shorter route due to circumstances beyond our control (lack of Police as they do it for free, council not helping either)
But that aside the more the merrier :)

Best idea is to turn up with the cash that you'd spend on eggs as lots of the kids actually can't take eggs due to special diets etc but they get loads anyway and generally got to give them away to other places.

Don't know if I'll be on my bike this year due to other things but I'll deffinetly be there helping at some point.
last years route was a nightmare..... hope its better this year....me and a couple a mates usually do it on the monkeybikes :rolleyes
I'm with you on that, there was lots of problems that occurred last year as a snowball effect of Police being dragged away to an incident which left us marshals unable to stop traffic etc

We've been given this route as its easy to manage etc and it also goes past BBC & STV studios so that should hopefully get good coverage for the following years so we can build on that.

Please note, the starting point this year is at Greendyke Street not SECC again this is due to council and Police resources.

We, as marshals, do our best to keep things going and at the end of the day as long as we turn up at the new hospital to put smiles on the kids and money in the charity boxes.
:) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 05:46:36 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 14 March 2016, 07:55:19 pm »
Run is finally set. :)

Starting at Greendyke Street (near the Barras, London Road side) for those who don't know where lol

We've also organised single filled rolls for a £1 from local cafes The Pantry & Stefano's :)

Meeting from 10 am for 11am kick off.

Hopefully all going well, we should all arrive at the new QUEH for around 11:30 am where we'll do a slow parade round the front of the hospital and through to the carpark on Hardgate Road where they'll be the usual entertainment and food available as well as toilets etc.

Feel free to come along and join in the fun, more details of how to donate, the map of the route etc can be found at www.yeer.co.uk although they are in the process of changing the name to C.H.E.E.R. :)
(Children's Hospital Easter Egg Run)

See you there :)
« Last Edit: 14 March 2016, 07:56:44 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 14 March 2016, 08:10:55 pm »
I won't make it Colin unfortunately. Booked the weekend away with the missus for her birthday. Maybe next year :)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2016, 09:11:55 pm »
I won't make it Colin unfortunately. Booked the weekend away with the missus for her birthday. Maybe next year :)
Not a problem Mick, you've got to keep her sweet so you can go out more during the season :lol
I'm sure you'll have a better ride :rollin :rollin
Colin
----------------------

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 March 2016, 09:14:47 pm »
Indeed :rollin

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 22 March 2016, 10:25:26 pm »
Change of plans. Got put in the office for a day managed to change things around on the rota. Turns out I now have the day off. Magic. See y'All there ;)

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 March 2016, 10:50:19 pm »
Change of plans. Got put in the office for a day managed to change things around on the rota. Turns out I now have the day off. Magic. See y'All there ;)

Well done you my man.

Mind it's a new start time and new meeting place, www.yeer.co.uk/route

If you have any problems message here or  PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.
Colin
----------------------

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 March 2016, 11:22:24 pm »
The gps should get me there ;) looking forward to seeing many bikes :D

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 March 2016, 11:33:55 pm »
The gps should get me there ;) looking forward to seeing many bikes :D

It should do but it may put you further along the street but I'm sure you'll find us if you just ride along the road :) I'll be there from about 9 am,  got to get set up and my morning roll and coffee.
Colin
----------------------

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 March 2016, 09:45:49 am »
Going to aim for half 9 ish arrival. Get my roll and coffee before the queues get to big. Had to wait forever for a coffee last year.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 23 March 2016, 06:59:15 pm »
Going to aim for half 9 ish arrival. Get my roll and coffee before the queues get to big. Had to wait forever for a coffee last year.
I've organised with THE PANTRY & STEFANO'S cafes to give single fill rolls for a £1 😆
Colin
----------------------

youngsterbiker

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 27 March 2016, 04:24:36 pm »
Well Colin a big high give to all you Marshall.  (Aswell to the pantry had a rather nice sandwich) I really enjoyed today. Group control was alot better aswell as the whole traffic light issue. Only thing I missed was the people on the street. Seemed like people were waiting and expecting us last year, not so much this year. Never the less it gave a fantastic excuse to have a day off work on the bike. Also the one time I saw you you were talking to people I went back 2 mins later and you had vanished. So sorry I dident say hi.
Happly easter and stuff.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 27 March 2016, 05:06:09 pm »
Well Colin a big high give to all you Marshall.  (Aswell to the pantry had a rather nice sandwich) I really enjoyed today. Group control was alot better aswell as the whole traffic light issue. Only thing I missed was the people on the street. Seemed like people were waiting and expecting us last year, not so much this year. Never the less it gave a fantastic excuse to have a day off work on the bike. Also the one time I saw you you were talking to people I went back 2 mins later and you had vanished. So sorry I dident say hi.
Happly easter and stuff.
Hi Fen, yeah I saw your bike parked near mine at the hospital and my boy pointed it out but I was rather busy being the lead parking attended I had to do lots of talking :lol
Glad you had a great day out, we had various meetings beforehand to try and ease things and I think it all came together on the day with just a few pointers to put in place for next year :)
Don't think the crowds were there due to it being a new route but that's a thing we can hopefully build on for next year. :)
Hope you got home safe and sound :)
Colin
----------------------

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 27 March 2016, 05:43:15 pm »
:useless :lol

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

the cueball

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - zx12r, H2, RC51, MT09, Pan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 27 March 2016, 09:38:22 pm »
it was a good run apart from the twat with the red fazer....

:b :b :b :b

:rollin

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 28 March 2016, 02:27:46 am »
it was a good run apart from the twat with the red fazer....

:b :b :b :b

:rollin

Ha ha, your cards are marked matey :lol
Colin
----------------------

the cueball

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - zx12r, H2, RC51, MT09, Pan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 28 March 2016, 07:56:52 am »

Ha ha, your cards are marked matey :lol

:'(

I'll be good!!!

it was a great run yesterday, everyone done really well and I didn't see any trouble...

a job well done me thinks!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 28 March 2016, 08:48:57 am »
:useless :lol

Ha ha Mick, I was too busy running around making sure the marshals were doing there job right to take any pics, but there's loads on fb and twitter and it even got onto stv :lol

it was a great run yesterday, everyone done really well and I didn't see any trouble...

a job well done me thinks!
Yep, it seamed to run smoothly with what I've heard from various people and the girl who runs the charity was really pleased with how it turned out, with the children at the hospital loving it.
Police were good this year and helped it run smoothly through the junctions.
The post meetings we had with the marshals really helped.
There's loads of positives to take from this and move it onto next year's run and build on it.
If only we could of had decent weather :(
« Last Edit: 28 March 2016, 08:58:04 am by sinto »
Colin
----------------------