Date: 17-05-24  Time: 23:53 pm

Author Topic: immobiliser trouble  (Read 1200 times)

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
immobiliser trouble
« on: 25 January 2013, 09:02:07 pm »
Was on way home tonight from work and stopped in to get some fuel. went to start the bike and nothing.
Now bike has had a datatool system immobiliser fitted. i am not 100% sure which one but i THINK its the datatool duo one. it has the tab type key and a small disc/pad to touch it against

not had any real problems with it before (though did think it was draining battery last year but turned out it wasnt the main drain.)
on occasion it has needed to be touched 2 or 3 times to work but normaly just when dirty and a quick clean solves it.
a few months ago the beeper / buzzer part stopped working but it didnt stop it from working but tonight no matter what i tried it just wouldnt start.
tried for a good 30 mins with cleaning, spraying with wd40, twisting, rubbing and swearing all to no avail lol

so pushed it the 1/2 mile home (glad i filled up near home not at work 20 odd miles away) stuck it in the garage and thought i would try just once more. and you gussed it, it started lol but turned it off and on again and now wont again.

Anyone know how hard it is to bypass them? the black box for it is under the seat but as expected everything is black wired and loomed.
with my pickup fooked and now the bike playing up getting to work tomorrow at 7am might be an issue :(

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: immobiliser trouble
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2013, 10:02:27 pm »
can't help you with the immobiliser but i'd had a similar problem and it turned out to be a dodgy connection coming off the ignition. it might be worth turning the ignition on and jiggling the all of the block connectors and keep an eye on the dash to see if it comes to life. i remember someone on here had the same problem a few weeks back and it turned out to be a chaffed wire going into the immobiliser so try jiggling those wire around too. i'll have a look for the thread now

there it is http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,5751.0.html
« Last Edit: 25 January 2013, 10:12:13 pm by His Dudeness »