Date: 28-04-24  Time: 12:48 pm

Author Topic: Spraying the engine in situs  (Read 943 times)

Samthemanleathertan

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Spraying the engine in situs
« on: 08 November 2022, 08:37:28 am »
Morning ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for the warm welcome to this helpful place.

I’m Sam,

Bought a 2000 FZS 600 with 6k miles that has been stood for 9 years (£560) so seemed a bargain. Was sold as a none runner but luckily found it to the the older Datatool alarm system so I bypassed it and she fired up after a whiff in the air box. Now I know she will start (fingers crossed)Carbs are off (that was fun 🙄🙄 and cleaned) I’ve renewed all filters,plugs,fuel,etc and now looking at the engine as it has flaking paint to the top end block ((bottom like new)

Can these be sprayed in situs? I will take the lump out if needs but was hoping not to, also the fork seals are in good condition but the dust covers definitely not… any advise as I’ve ordered done covers and hoping it’s an east job lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
Re: Spraying the engine in situs
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2022, 06:07:52 pm »
as darcy showed - it can e done - just remember it is all in the prep work- and if you need to pull the engine apart it will need done again as it will crack on mating surfaces
-- yes im back again as finally got a new laptop after the dog decided to knock a drink over the old one - really missing riding a fazer

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2022, 07:57:17 pm »
as darcy showed - it can e done - just remember it is all in the prep work- and if you need to pull the engine apart it will need done again as it will crack on mating surfaces
-- yes im back again as finally got a new laptop after the dog decided to knock a drink over the old one - really missing riding a fazer

That's Mr Darcy to you  :rollin
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Samthemanleathertan

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2022, 05:01:38 pm »
Thank very much gents 🙏🙏🙏

Sooooo… This Fazer was my fathers first bike and it’s took me 14 months to find it as he sold it in 2001. After buying it (he doesn’t know) I’m going to do a Nut and Bolt resto (my mates say I’m nuts 🥜 but I am 🤷‍♂️).

It’s only covered 6k now I’ve got the ignition on so I feel it’s worth the effort and I’ve F All to do over next few weeks lol 😂.

I’m taking engine out as I type and shocked as to how easy the exhaust down pipes came off 🥳🥳🥳 and I’ll start to ipload images as I go along

Rolllllll on the rebuild and I’m hoping I can rely on your experience ladies snd gents along the way 🙏🙏

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2022, 10:58:17 am »

That's Mr Darcy to you  :rollin
Did you mean to write That's Mr Darrsi to you
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)