Date: 01-05-24  Time: 07:20 am

Poll

Good Idea?

Yay!
13 (100%)
Nay!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: New Section - Show & Tell / Projects  (Read 2674 times)

Fizzy Pies

New Section - Show & Tell / Projects
« on: 23 March 2013, 06:34:37 pm »
I know I have already pm'd Farjo about this, just wondered how others thought about it too?

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Re: New Section - Show & Tell / Projects
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2013, 06:49:46 pm »
I'm in favour!  8)

Any excuse to show off my talents! Haha!

In all seriousness I've learned loads from looking at project threads on other car/bike forums so it'd be handy to have, and if nothing else it'll give me some pictures/threads to look at while on nightshift. haha! OOOHHH, Look at the Shiny Shiny! Haha!

Chris

It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2013, 11:10:31 pm »
I'm in favour!  8)

Any excuse to show off my talents! Haha!

In all seriousness I've learned loads from looking at project threads on other car/bike forums so it'd be handy to have, and if nothing else it'll give me some pictures/threads to look at while on nightshift. haha! OOOHHH, Look at the Shiny Shiny! Haha!

Chris

All for! Can't let DevilsYam get all the credit for Fazer modding!!  :D :D
The Deef's apprentice

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2013, 09:13:58 pm »
I liked the mod section on the old site but I'm not sure if there's enough modding going on now for a whole section but maybe a modding/rebuild projects/ how to mash up might work

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2013, 12:00:49 am »
I'm sure almost everyone on here has done at least one or two mods to their bikes and it wouldn't have to be fazer specific. A lot of people on here have more than one bike and who knows what someone might get inspiration to do to their fazer after seeing something on another bike  8)

If nothing else it gives me something to look at on nightshift! haha! there are loads of fazers in the "show me your fazer" pictures thread that I'd love to know more about and it would give members a specific place to discuss their mods without hijacking other threads  :D

Chris

Foxwood

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2013, 04:06:42 pm »
I'd also like to read more in-depth threads on different owners' bikes. Just out of curiosity and to gain ideas of what mods to do on my own 2-wheeler.  :)

caretaker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - TL125 frame!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30 March 2013, 08:28:52 pm »
as long as the word 'farkles' is banned. another stupid americanism adopted by us brits. and it should also be mods/projects etc, not how many accessories you can fit on your bike. aaaaaarrgh!!! i'm fed up of looking at 'farkles' on the versys site. end of rant.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2013, 11:03:53 pm »
as long as the word 'farkles' is banned. another stupid americanism adopted by us brits. and it should also be mods/projects etc, not how many accessories you can fit on your bike. aaaaaarrgh!!! i'm fed up of looking at 'farkles' on the versys site. end of rant.

AAANNND relax.... haha

I know what you mean though. Things like the thread deadeye is doing at the moment stripping his engine etc would be good but really any mods/projects are good. If you think it isn't a proper project because someone is just bolting bits on then you don't have to read them. We've all got to start somewhere  8)

Chris

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17 April 2013, 01:12:46 am »
Sorry to take so long to reply :thumdown I'm afraid for the time being the answer's no. As mentioned, on the old site we had a mods forum and at first it was very busy, but eventually new threads were posted in General because "nobody looks in the Mods board" - a pity because it was such a good section.

Maybe if we get very busy again we could look at adding new forums, but in the meantime projects / moddings can be posted in the bike specific boards.

Chris

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 17 April 2013, 11:05:42 am »
Ok,

Thanks anyway Farjo  8)

Chris

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17 April 2013, 12:41:27 pm »
Sorry to take so long to reply :thumdown I'm afraid for the time being the answer's no. As mentioned, on the old site we had a mods forum and at first it was very busy, but eventually new threads were posted in General because "nobody looks in the Mods board" - a pity because it was such a good section.

Maybe if we get very busy again we could look at adding new forums, but in the meantime projects / moddings can be posted in the bike specific boards.

I'm thinking of doing a non-Fazer project this Summer. Should that go in General then?
The Deef's apprentice

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17 April 2013, 05:32:55 pm »
Yes - a board for non-fazers was considered but again there doesn't appear to be enough posts to make it viable.