Date: 17-05-24  Time: 19:47 pm

Author Topic: Fairing Swap  (Read 2081 times)

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Fairing Swap
« on: 29 November 2011, 07:20:52 am »
Hi,
Has anyone swapped a FZS600 Mk1 fairing for the Mk2 version? Is it fairly straight forward or are they massively different in the way they mount to the bike??
Just wondered...... :rollin

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Fairing Swap
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2011, 10:00:56 am »
Think there's guidance on conversion buried deep somewhere on the old site,  if the fairing mounting frame is the same then it shouldnt be that difficult

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2011, 04:52:06 pm »
it is completely different if you are talking about square to foxeye, the headstock mounting is the same but thats it, there is plenty of info for this on the site, have you used the search facility ??
Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2011, 08:04:32 pm »
 :agree  It's not as easy as you might first think. (There was info on the old yuku site but I don't know if you can still get at it.) From what I remember when I did this mod you need the Mk2 front mounting bracket and also to make up some brackets for both sides at the back end of the fairing. The Mk2 clocks are slightly different but the Mk1 clocks will fit no problem. You will also need to make changes to the headlight wiring because each light has a double filament bulb and a pilot in each one, as opposed to the Mk1 set up. (I have the wiring diagram for the way I did it. If your interested I'll post it up on here). You do end up with much better lights than the Mk1 of course.

To give you an idea (and if it works) here is a photo of the rear mountings I did. I used the existing mounting points on the frame as I didn't want to start welding other brackets on. Also utilised the Mk2 small fairing bracket because I had them and it was easier that way.

limax2

• Creep.
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 November 2011, 08:11:24 pm »
Slight cock-up there  :o , both photo's of the R.H. side. Here is a picture of the left hand side (I hope).