Date: 22-05-24  Time: 11:55 am

Author Topic: Headlamp  (Read 6358 times)

YamFazMan

• FOC-U's Victor Meldrew
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Headlamp
« Reply #25 on: 13 January 2012, 11:38:53 am »
Hi
Glad it all worked well
What were the methods you used for cleaning the reflector and the lens.
ATB YFM

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tuono RSV, YZF 1000, CBF 125
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #26 on: 13 January 2012, 04:03:26 pm »
When it was split I took the reflectors out. I then cleaned the main body and face in the sink with water and a soft cloth. The reflectors I cleaned first with a make-up brush, then rinsed with water and wiped, under running water, with a clean, soft cloth. Then dry with paper towel and a hair dryer to get the last wee bits. Finaly, I used glass cleaner on the face, greased the screws and reassembled. Back in the oven to set the glue.  :D
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 January 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
The lamp has been designed by an engineer to meet legal and saftey standards...
But, sadly, not by one who ever rode a motorcycle at night. :lol

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #28 on: 14 January 2012, 11:46:00 am »
Yeah, your right there Fazerider. It is pish, but I am hoping my MotoVision bulbs (on full beam as I always do) and clean reflectors should increase it to 30 candle power  :lol
Not quite sure what to do with my early mid-life crisis. Ideas on a post card to P.O.BOX 150...

bikerboys

• Weekend Warrior
  • full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 January 2012, 02:25:54 pm »
30 candle power :eek never  :rollin you 30 candles in there  :rollin
full licenses don't come in cornflake packets!

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 January 2012, 03:19:20 pm »
Very helpful thread, I was cleaning my headlamp by swishing a rag in water & soap inside the unit but I ended up with too many streaks. Was going to try this, good to know it works!

I was going to fit Motovision bulbs too -  but I thought the Fazers (mine is a 2001) use a H4 & a H1 bulb not a H7? Is this correct? Or can you remove the adapter thingy to use a H7 instead?

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #31 on: 14 January 2012, 09:11:23 pm »
I removed an H4 and an H7 from the bike and will replace them with the same. I don't know if it came from the factory like this or not though. But for sure that is what was on my bike.

If you search for my "winter" thread you will see a picture of my CBF125 beside the Fazer, both with headlamps on, and the CBF is running a MotoVision bulb. They are really good.

Only thing I would say is have everything you need to do the job there, in the kitchen.

Good luck

Fuzzy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 January 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
Thanks, will give it a go for sure.

I had a Cbf125 with a motovision too, it was red though! The bulbs that came out of my unit were H4 and H1 - there doesn't seem to be a clear answer to this, perhaps some of the later square eyes came with H7s instead of H1s. Got Philips Xtreme bulbs instead, not fitted yet but I'm sure they'll be pretty good too.

adeejaysdelight

• WSB Pack Hound
  • I love riding my bike!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • www.roadrashjeans.com
« Reply #33 on: 15 January 2012, 10:36:27 am »
The Xtreme bulbs are good, but I find the white light from them is more use in the countryside (pure dardness) at night. The Motovision bulbs are better when there is some light, like street use at night, or dusk/dawn, which works better for me and my type of riding. I tend to be out in the B roads during the day as I live near the city. I guess its down to preferance. Let me know how you get on with it.  ;)