Date: 17-05-24  Time: 17:10 pm

Author Topic: Bloody French police  (Read 5027 times)

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

MadDogMcQ

• Club Racer
  • Horwich, Bolton, NW UK.
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - CB250N
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Bloody French police
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2012, 08:30:31 am »
I'm pretty sure we'd be bitching and complaining if a load of Frenchies arranged a racing event on our roads and acted like 2wats. Some friends and I recently went on a "Crumball Rally" through France, Switzerland and Italy. We showed respect and restraint, as you should in someone elses country.

Yours sincerely,
Roy Cropper.
QUENTIN TARANTINO - HALLOWED BE THY NAME!

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2012, 08:58:23 am »
I'm intrigued as to why you think the French Police are at fault when it was the drivers of these vehicles who were breaking the law.

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 September 2012, 09:07:30 am »
98 in a 68 is nigh on the same as 100 in a 70 here and it's usually a ban here isn't it?

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 September 2012, 10:35:24 am »
Guess their butlers will be happy ferrying them around in a supercar while they're banned  :)
thou shalt not kick

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 September 2012, 01:13:50 pm »
personally i would of crushed the cars as well, its not as if they can't afford it.
That'll learn them.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 September 2012, 01:41:40 pm »
personally i would of crushed the cars as well, its not as if they can't afford it.
That'll learn them.
For speeding?!?  That seems a bit harsh!

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11 September 2012, 05:31:17 pm »
That'll learn them.

Yes that was the time they got caught, what about all the times they didn't get caught. ;)

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 September 2012, 05:34:58 pm »
What about them? Are you going to fess up to all your misdemeanours?

D4Delta

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2012, 06:53:48 pm »
No sympathy for them at all. They knew what they were doing. Good job they were caught before an accident happened and people were hurt or lives lost.  :lol

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 September 2012, 08:29:45 pm »
That'll learn them.

Yes that was the time they got caught, what about all the times they didn't get caught. ;)
And you've never gone over the speed limit on your bike and not been caught?  Maybe we should crush it just in case? ;P

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 September 2012, 09:48:13 pm »
So no one on here with 600 to litre motorcycles don't ever break the speed limits?

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12 September 2012, 07:06:08 am »
100mph in our 60 on a bike , well we do it all the time,  in a car,,,well i guess thats different,,but we all know that if we do speed it will be in a place where we reckon it will not be dangerous and not likely to get caught.

I saw 30 something on my clock on Sunday, but i think there was a little number in front of it,,this will be for a short blast, in a safe place, with no plod.

The worst of all is them dual carriage ways where plod has loads of hiding places.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 September 2012, 07:38:30 am »
I love this argument and who comes out for the rights of the speeder. It makes me chuckle.
If crushing of the vehicle was the result of speeding by law then perhaps you wouldn't be so supportive of it.
Yes i know all arguments, do it in a safe place etc, BUT it is still illegal.
And yes i do exceed the speed limit where it is safe etc, BUT not in a 30, 40, 50 oh and 20 limit. So i am probably a hypocrite, but i also believe that i have more sense than some thrumped up little rich boy living off daddies hard work.

UG

• Bitch Dungle.
  • GP Hero
  • DaveG is a moron
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TIGER 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12 September 2012, 07:57:00 am »
So no one on here with 600 to litre motorcycles don't ever break the speed limits?

mines a 599cc
DaveG is..... The Deer Hunter

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12 September 2012, 08:32:33 am »

mines a 599cc

:D  I stand corrected

Lawrence

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 September 2012, 09:08:28 am »
I love this argument and who comes out for the rights of the speeder. It makes me chuckle.
If crushing of the vehicle was the result of speeding by law then perhaps you wouldn't be so supportive of it.
And yes i do exceed the speed limit where it is safe etc, BUT not in a 30, 40, 50 oh and 20 limit. So i am probably a hypocrite, but i also believe that i have more sense than some thrumped up little rich boy living off daddies hard work.
I'm not supporting people speeding, I'm against your idea of 'get caught speeding one, get your car crushed'.  It also states in the article that it was a 68mph (110kph) limit not a 20-50.  Lastly, I'm not sure how you worked out, or how it's relevant, that they're 'living off daddies hard work'  :look

Moral of the story, speeding's bad, mmkay?  :bobby

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 September 2012, 12:58:43 pm »
I'm not supporting people speeding, I'm against your idea of 'get caught speeding one, get your car crushed'.  It also states in the article that it was a 68mph (110kph) limit not a 20-50.  Lastly, I'm not sure how you worked out, or how it's relevant, that they're 'living off daddies hard work'  :look

I agree and i like playing devils advocate.  :)
My point about the daddies hard work is that young rich people seem to have less sense in general and the people who can afford to race in gum ball, i believe theres a registration fee, have to have the money and car to take part. Lord knows i can't afford it.
Why not rent the Nurburgring for the race?

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12 September 2012, 01:51:04 pm »

I agree and i like playing devils advocate.  :)
My point about the daddies hard work is that young rich people seem to have less sense in general and the people who can afford to race in gum ball, i believe theres a registration fee, have to have the money and car to take part. Lord knows i can't afford it.
Why not rent the Nurburgring for the race?
Track day is the way to go in this country, more room on French roads and less traffic, I was over in Normandy on the bike, then went just south of Le Mans in a friends car, didn't see any silliness from bikers or cars, find French Police really intimidating, especially the bike cops :( [/size][/color] From what I can gather there was both a bike and a car event near there over the weekend, certainly saw large groups of bikes, then lots of four wheeled boys toys on the train Monday, but only 5 bikes including me![/font] :rolleyes
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12 September 2012, 02:10:25 pm »
From what I can gather there was both a bike and a car event near there over the weekend, certainly saw large groups of bikes,

It was the 24 hour 'moto' endurance race at Le Mans. I was there all weekend with me mates (and by chance met a foccer on the ferry, -Hi Wobbler, -I really did like that tank job of yours btw.) A great race, but sadly they've banned taking in yer own booze and now discourage us biker types from going into the town over the weekend so it was a smallish crowd despite the good weather
 I don't have a real prob with the French police, during endurance race events they are much 'nicer' to bikers (and of course the peage is free most of the way). My mate got overtook by the gendarmerie at the weekend when he was doing 100mph plus and they didn't do anything. I did similar coming back from the Bol some years ago and they actually waved me past after I had braked to knock off a few mphs.
Don't push your luck with these guys though!

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12 September 2012, 07:17:26 pm »
So far i like the French police, done me no harm,, :lol

I  guess this kind of problem is all part of the race,

when are we doing a Focckering fazer ball rally?

UG

• Bitch Dungle.
  • GP Hero
  • DaveG is a moron
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TIGER 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12 September 2012, 08:59:48 pm »

mines a 599cc

:D  I stand corrected

:lol  Also I have never been caught speeding, well not this year.
DaveG is..... The Deer Hunter

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 14 September 2012, 11:41:34 am »
If you decide to speed even if you think it is "safe" to do so that is up to you if you get caught well you get caught after all you were not being forced to speed, also if you join in an event which is a race it shows you intend to speed so again if you get caught your fault. How many times do we hear "police not doing their jobs" well this is part of their job not popular but it is their job if you don't speed then no problem if you do then take your chances. If you get a ban then your fault take it don't whinge about being caught doing enough over the limit to cause a ban. It is never good or nice to be done for speeding but you are the only one to blame. BTW yes I have been done for speeding I am not innocent, no I did not like it but it was MY FAULT.  :lol
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?