Date: 17-05-24  Time: 00:59 am

Author Topic: Cyclist vs Motorbike...... court case - interesting read  (Read 8680 times)

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
Re: Cyclist vs Motorbike...... court case - interesting read
« Reply #25 on: 13 March 2012, 11:17:36 am »
Some car drivers are real pricks. But not all, not even half.

Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 March 2012, 12:07:25 pm »

The witness suffered a broken collar bone which was broken in two places.”
  :rolleyes
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #27 on: 13 March 2012, 10:23:35 pm »
I dont think any other road user  has such an arrogant single minded pomposity as the cyclist...spitting venom at all who offer any opinion ....

ROFLALALAL! Of course not, after all, it's them that complain because they "pay to use the roads" (oh, no, hang on, that's car drivers).

It's them who consider themselves to be "professional drivers" (oops, no, that's taxi drivers and white van man.

It's the cyclists who blast their horns at car drivers because the car driver is getting in their way and slowing them down as they race to the next traffic jam...

as a child we all took cycling proficiency tests, which may sound a bit parochial now, at least was some education on  how to be a responsible road user...

And drivers take a Driving Test and then consider that, because they've passed, they know everything that they need to know about driving and will do until the day they die, rather than realising that they've only achieved the *bare minimum* standard to be allowed out on the road in charge of a vehicle.

I laugh at the notion that somehow being a cyclist is to be an outlaw, above all road regulations....then complain bitterly at how bad they get treated by other road users.

Well I only complain about the other road users who use a massive brush to tar all cyclists with...

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 14 March 2012, 07:28:32 am »
read what I said, especially the bit about spitting venom at others....case proven .

I aint fans of horses on main roads, but at least they by and large do acknowledge drivers who give them courtesy .

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #29 on: 15 March 2012, 01:13:36 pm »
read what I said, especially the bit about spitting venom at others....case proven .

I suggest you look up the word "irony"...

I aint fans of horses on main roads, but at least they by and large do acknowledge drivers who give them courtesy .

Well it's a bit more difficult to claim "Sorry, Mate, I Didn't See You" when someone's sitting on a bloody big horse.

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 15 March 2012, 08:57:16 pm »

I suggest you look up the word "irony"...

I suggest you look up the word "patter"
Smell ones mother. Yaas!