Date: 20-04-24  Time: 01:51 am

Author Topic: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!  (Read 38005 times)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
Re: REMOVE YOUR HELMET!!!
« Reply #125 on: 04 March 2016, 06:57:22 pm »
Frosties, sorry meant illegal to take the money from the cashiers wages.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 04 March 2016, 07:01:57 pm »

Dazza, what kind of websites do you frequent :eek
Have PM'd you bud....If you're interested in a bulk order, I may be able to get you some discount.  :D
« Last Edit: 04 March 2016, 07:04:19 pm by dazza »

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 04 March 2016, 07:41:02 pm »

Drive off's, contrary to what some are saying, do not get paid for by the cashier but by the business. When they are only making about 1p per litre on the stuff, it take a lot of fuel sales to recover any stolen fuel value.

I have Shell/BP company petrol cards and when using those stations and have been asked to remove lid I have asked the cashiers why.  They have ALL replied that  as its their responsibility to check number plates they are also responsible for the fuel loss. Unfair but true.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 04 March 2016, 07:54:34 pm »

Drive off's, contrary to what some are saying, do not get paid for by the cashier but by the business. When they are only making about 1p per litre on the stuff, it take a lot of fuel sales to recover any stolen fuel value.

I have Shell/BP company petrol cards and when using those stations and have been asked to remove lid I have asked the cashiers why.  They have ALL replied that  as its their responsibility to check number plates they are also responsible for the fuel loss. Unfair but true.

So why do you keep your lid covering your numberplate? :lol :lol

I have been asked to remove my helmet at Morrisons in Cheltenham years ago (after years of filling up donning a lid) - so now when I fill up there, I remove gloves, helmet etc in my time. Once filled and when paying, the helmet goes on the counter, with the gloves, causing all kinds of mayhem to the sweeties etc displayed there. When I have paid I will put it all back on IN MY TIME. I have had cars attempt to pull into the pump and the drivers get arsey because it takes time, whilst I'm still on the first ear plug - DILLIGAF!!!
Modern technology takes pictures of the numberplates and we all wear distinctive clothing (Helmet colours/Jacket patterns etc etc) so there is no reason behind refusing to turn a pump on.
I now have a flip lid, primarily to put an end to the hassle. I pull up, bike on stand, flip lid up - no problem. And I go into shops like it (well, I leave the Fazer outside!)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 05 March 2016, 10:13:15 am »
There's a particular garage on the start of a popular road for bikers some may remember it as it was one of the meeting places when the focers rode middle earth, well that garage have no issues with lids on and if I am in the area I make a point of filling there.
Otherwise I use the pay at pump at other garages.
Its not about riding off without paying its about being thought of as a criminal and wanting to rob the place because there is no issue at pay at pump.
With glasses, earplugs and now where to put them when you take them off its a major faff, I might try that one - pulling out my waxy earplugs and putting them on the sweetie counter. !
Reminds me I rode to a country butchers in a hunt for some decent steak and but my lid on the counter and he told me to take it off because it was unhygienic (my lid to them) WTF
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

dx408

• custard tart muncher
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Suzuki V-Strom 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 06 March 2016, 08:23:29 pm »
Well this argument comes around every so often, yes there is an issue with identification while wearing a helmet as there is when wearing a baseball cap burka etc, now I use a flip front helmet which is lifted when fueling up and this gives a decent view of my face for security reasons but I have been asked to remove it before being allowed to fuel up.

So you have to take off your helmet but where do you put it ? hang on the bars with a chance it will drop off ? on the floor with all the spilt fuel? on the pump 1 if there is room 2 if it is flat making it safe to put your lid there, now if it is raining it makes things worse.

I have been asked to remove my helmet before being allowed to fuel up this was over the tannoy, so it is pointed out to everyone on the forecourt that there must be something wrong with the guy on the bike as they are telling him to take off his helmet, nasty violent criminal bloody biker!! So I went in to the shop asking why got the usual rubbish so I asked can they see my face "yes of course I can" well why do I need to take my helmet off? company policy! OK so why are there no notices at the pumps on the shop door or at the tills ? Umm don't know. Well I am going to fill up now as you have seen my face and have me on the CCTV in the shop and the forecourt so are you going to activate the pump? NO

So as there was a queue forming behind me I kept going (only one till in use) asking why they would not activate the pump as they have seen my face company policy again OK so why is there no safe clean area for me to put my helmet down ? don't know? OK so if I take my helmet off at the pump and it becomes damaged either from falling or being contaminated by fuel from the floor or pedestal would they cover the damage to the helmet Umm no OK so if I take it off and leave it here will you take responsibility for the helmet? Umm no.

Now some say that anyone who refuses to remove their helmet is being unreasonable but surely the stations are as bad by not giving us somewhere safe to put our lids lets face it they can be very expensive and even if lightly damaged it is recommended they are replaced! and then comes the issue of other items that obscure the face such as baseball caps burkas etc you pull a cap down and keep your head tilted down you can see someone's face can you but they don't need to be removed and these are not part of a "religious" requirement.
Banks I have walked into a bank with my lid up but on (busy and just forgot about taking it off) now as I did not have to fuel up or anything so my hands are free to hold the helmet and the banks are usually free from spilt fuel so have plenty of safe places to put the lid down if needed I usually take it off, I took my payment book and cash to the counter and paid in the cashier said thanks handed me the book back and said can you take the helmet off completely next time please, I said Oops sorry and had a no problems back.
Dont ask it's a chef thing
After 15 years EX-Fazer owner XJR. XJR gone FJR, FJR gone NEW FJR that's gone, now Triumph Tiger Explorer  an CB400n Superdream sold BMW 650 Funduro sold Now a R1200GA Adventure Rallye next ? OK so where next turns out to be V-Strom 1050 NEXT?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #131 on: 07 March 2016, 11:32:07 am »

It's not from my website, but I do a similar product... :D

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 07 March 2016, 04:27:39 pm »

How do I know what size to pick?

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #133 on: 08 March 2016, 12:10:52 am »

You'll have to figure that out for yourself :pokefun

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 08 March 2016, 07:34:57 am »

I'd go by the wife's gag reflex  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 08 March 2016, 09:32:59 am »

I'd go by the wife's gag reflex  :lol

wife?? You presume too much  ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 08 March 2016, 02:06:54 pm »
I had a great morning this morning, (I live in Spain)I pulled into a station I use when meeting up with my mates. I park up , remove lid & gloves. Proceed to fill up and go into pay. Come out and start to put the gear on again. The guy behind me in his Brit registered car starts tooting the horn (my bike is on Spanish plates) So I look at him and continue putting the gear on, he is out of the car and yells at me to shift my fucking bike or he will shift it for me. His face was a picture when I pulled the lid off and informed him if he as much as laid a hand on the bike I'd breaking his fucking nose for him. Not that I am a hard case but just them my 3 mates arrived so I had backup. He looked very sheepish and pissed off.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Val

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Foccer-Wulf
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 08 March 2016, 04:32:22 pm »
I never remove my helmet, because it is against my strong religious beliefs in the Dark Side.

If you have any problem with that you can complaint to Darth Vader.

He made me do it  :rollin :rollin :rollin

Its pretty simple I just do not fill on any petrol station that has such stupid requirements. So far all Shell and BP are working fine for me.

Thank you for the warning I will avoid any Texaco in the future  :lol

just ask yourself if you owned a petrol station would you insist on people taking off their helmets or would you be happy to let them in with a helmet on?

It depends on the owner obviously. If I won own a petrol station, myself I would insist all chicks to fill gas topless only. They can keep the helmet on.

« Last Edit: 08 March 2016, 04:41:41 pm by Val »
Adrian Monk: Unless I'm wrong, which, you know, I'm not.