• Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Re: advice
« Reply #25 on: 12 August 2014, 11:18:38 pm »
Serves ya right for being on a motorway  A roads all the way :rollin :rollin
 ;)
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12 August 2014, 11:23:35 pm »
In my experience you have a 1 in 3 chance of not being banned.

To be honest, given the choice I'd always go for the ban. It'll only be for a week or two & once it's done it's done.  Getting 6 points however only leaves you 6 left to play with for the next 3 years, one unspotted gatso or other slip up & you're going to be tip-toeing around in the knowledge that another minor indiscretion is going to leave you catching the bus for 6 months.  :eek

chaz

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12 August 2014, 11:47:17 pm »
two mates got banned both in a 60 one doing 104 got a 2 week ban cos hes a rep he took his hols he had a letter from work, the other was doing 102 think he got 3 months but wasn't working?

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 August 2014, 12:15:49 am »
To be honest, given the choice I'd always go for the ban. It'll only be for a week or two & once it's done it's done.  Getting 6 points however only leaves you 6 left to play with for the next 3 years, one unspotted gatso or other slip up & you're going to be tip-toeing around in the knowledge that another minor indiscretion is going to leave you catching the bus for 6 months.  :eek
Totally agree, especially as you're already on 3 points for your previous.  Get 6 points added and you'll need to be so careful for the next 2 and a bit years as 12 points is an automatic ban.  If you can cope without your licence for 14 or 28 days, then you are back on the road with only the 3 points on your licence.

Speed awareness course is only offered in place of the fixed penalty 3 points and £100 fine and for minor overspeeds, not for one that is going to go to court.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13 August 2014, 03:26:06 am »
was the 102mph on the letter? if so you were prob doing 110 on speedo  .....tut tut tut  ;) 

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2014, 08:06:59 am »
U only get speed awareness if the county runs the course and you've had no driving convictions in the past 3 years. As u got 3 points recently u wont get offered it and even if u hadn't u were goin  to fast to be considered.
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #31 on: 13 August 2014, 08:08:16 am »
As mentioned by Mickvp above, 6 points isn't unknown. Another foccer got done for 102 on the motorway in his cage and got 6 points instead of a ban. If your on the bike though, based on past cases, your looking at a custodial sentence :pokefun
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

woodwizzard

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2014, 10:06:35 am »
A guy I work with recently got stopped on M5, his speedo was reading 125ish, they did him for an average of 107. He got points and a fine.

Your previous speeding is gonna foc you up me thinks. Slow down you naughty little foccer :lol

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2014, 01:13:26 pm »
30 mph over the posted limit and a ban is considered ,this is direct from the clerk of the court when I got summoned for 77 in 40
I got 6 points and £270 fine
Its just a ride

risticuss

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 August 2014, 01:36:01 pm »
My brother got caught at 109 on his (now my) 600 fox-eye.

He whote a letter to the court apologising for his actions, said he didn't think of the consequences of his actions had anyone been in the vicinity, that he would never normally speed... etc etc. Got a lot of info from the web.

In the end he got a fine, not sure how much as he didn't tell me, and a 10 week ban. It was within the first 4 months of having his full licence.

Personally, I think he was lucky to keep his licence at all, particularly if the magistrate was having a bad day or doesn't like bikes.

Sold the bike to me as he said he couldn't trust himself. His wife also told him he'd had his chance and blown it.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 August 2014, 08:21:59 pm »
thanks for all the comments have to wait and see.hopefully get a short ban.

Dunky

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13 August 2014, 10:14:46 pm »
if your caught doing over 100mph in a 70 is it a definite ban?

Your focced mate.
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow. "

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 August 2014, 10:15:44 pm »
thanks for all the comments have to wait and see.hopefully get a short ban.
Fingers crossed for ya

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 14 August 2014, 07:01:44 am »
My guess is they'll get you one way or another with this, but...

http://governmentauctionsuk.com/auction-guide-details/speed-camera-loophole-exposed/1551?guide_type=motoring

Actually, forget it. They just issue a warrant for your arrest and then do you when they catch up with you.
« Last Edit: 14 August 2014, 07:05:30 am by nick crisp »

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #39 on: 14 August 2014, 07:58:04 am »
My guess is they'll get you one way or another with this, but...

http://governmentauctionsuk.com/auction-guide-details/speed-camera-loophole-exposed/1551?guide_type=motoring

Actually, forget it. They just issue a warrant for your arrest and then do you when they catch up with you.

I was just bout to post the same link but also add yhat as i'm not a lawyer i would ask ones advice before going down this route!
plus it does mention that if found guilty you would get full fine so may not be best to go down that route if looking at a ban!!

I gotta say i never realised that a ban could be so short!! but how is that gonna affect your insurance? 
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

bigralphie

Scenic Pisser
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 14 August 2014, 05:21:28 pm »
The thing is you can ask for a short ban but its up to the magistrate he is not bound to consider it
Its just a ride

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 14 August 2014, 08:55:24 pm »
Be contrite , don't make any excuses and you might get lucky , hope it works out well for you .

bigralphie

Scenic Pisser
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 14 August 2014, 11:20:31 pm »
+1

Dress smart and look sorry ,with the constant stream of track suited scum they deal with they defo look more favorably on people who take a summons seriously 
Its just a ride

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 15 August 2014, 01:02:08 am »
Not too smart though, as they will think you're well off and hit you with a massive fine.  :lol
The truth is you are at their mercy,  you just have to hope to be lucky on the day.
Did I mention I got 6 points, £260 fine and £100 costs for doing 40 mph through the Blackwall tunnel. :eek
I wasn't very lucky that Day.
I also learnt that claiming I had Tourette 's without medical  records to back it up wasn't the best excuse for calling the magistrate a cunt.  :rollin
« Last Edit: 15 August 2014, 01:10:51 am by dazza »

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15 August 2014, 02:22:50 am »
Fingers cross Mel, i hope you and Nick get off lightly as the only people you were likely to hurt were yourselves. Fact is we all get a bit over excited sometimes, it goes with having bikes capable of going at double the speed limit.

a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 15 August 2014, 05:12:29 am »
30 mph over the posted limit and a ban is considered ,this is direct from the clerk of the court when I got summoned for 77 in 40
I got 6 points and £270 fine

I got done for 74 in a 40, £60 fine & 3 points.

Then got done again about 5 years later, travelling a bit slower..........in exactly the same spot.  :'(

Same fine and points again, but the older points didn't matter by then.

The only two times i've ever been stopped in 27 years riding!  :\

It's the only bit of road, on the way home from work, where i simply refuse to go over 38mph now, 'cos the police tend to look hidden amongst a line of trees until it's too late to slow down, they've already clocked you by then.  :stop
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 15 August 2014, 03:26:41 pm »
think it was 70 in a 30 but he said he would let me off with 3 points and fine :o not looking good is it :'(

imo - thats worse than 100 in a 70.

you could use this is precedence - they gave you 3 points and fine for 40mph over speed limit, why not for 30(ish) over limit
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 15 August 2014, 05:54:50 pm »
Time to come clean Mel
You sure this isn't just an act to save face coz you couldn't keep up with my Red600 the other week and just can't bare to ride behind me anymore.

Oh how boring rides have been and will be without my little fat belly buddy ;)

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 16 August 2014, 09:25:25 am »
 :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin dont you worry yourself points or no points i will still be leaving you for dust behind the mighty fazer 1000 my friend.i'll just have to get used to the  :groan :groan :groan everytime i pass you :lol

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 16 August 2014, 01:19:58 pm »
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin dont you worry yourself points or no points i will still be leaving you for dust behind the mighty fazer 1000 my friend.i'll just have to get used to the  :groan :groan :groan everytime i pass you :lol

Ha Ha Ha  it's not the passing  that I mind but the inappropriate touching me up everytime you make pass ;)
'Everytime' implying more than one time which hardly constitutes leaving one for dust.   Unless of course you'd like it on record that you purposely come behind me to cop another feel.  ;)