Date: 20-05-24  Time: 12:45 pm

Author Topic: Recommend me a bike.  (Read 54141 times)

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Recommend me a bike.
« Reply #250 on: 22 April 2014, 08:37:51 pm »
Stalin
Intentionally left blank

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 22 April 2014, 08:51:32 pm »
Stalin

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Hats off to you for that one, Sir!
The Deef's apprentice

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 01 May 2014, 07:36:44 pm »
Well then :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 01 May 2014, 07:39:59 pm »
you took your time  :rolleyes ....looks good mr nog,even the tank bag matches......so,how dose it compare with the nogfighter ?
One, is never going to be enough.....

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 01 May 2014, 07:48:19 pm »
you took your time  :rolleyes ....looks good mr nog,even the tank bag matches......so,how dose it compare with the nogfighter ?

he was probably on hold while waiting to cancel the insurance on the noggyfighter.

Looks epic noggy mate, belter :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 01 May 2014, 08:06:07 pm »
cant believe this......hes gone quiet....is he lost for words....must have something to say ....whats he doing.....ah ive got it......hes told everyone on here about the purchase but forgot to tell the boss  :lol :lol :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 01 May 2014, 08:14:47 pm »
No doubt he'll be outside just staring at it.

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 01 May 2014, 08:22:21 pm »
Either that, or he's shaking and gibbering!! :lol :lol
The Deef's apprentice

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 01 May 2014, 08:28:02 pm »

Sorry chaps, only just had a shower & warmed up my core...had to fire to 24 hr garage for some vitals (few tinnies to calm the excitement)....now the father in law is popping round plus my old man wants an immediate update on all things thou related.

Tell you something though......i finally conquered my fear of riding in the pissing rain........feared no longer. 8)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 01 May 2014, 08:32:43 pm »
Well.....tell us about the bike , we're not interested in your private life or what your having for supper  :rolleyes....so first impressions and how does it compare with the nogfighter......
« Last Edit: 01 May 2014, 08:34:06 pm by red98 »

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 01 May 2014, 09:04:53 pm »
very nice noggy, lucky bloke, ps your kitchen window is open,. :)
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 01 May 2014, 10:05:55 pm »
Congrats noggy great choice  8)
I hope you have a long & enjoyable journey with it & if you need to know anything pm me anytime you like.
Dek

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 01 May 2014, 10:10:45 pm »
Best of luck with it. :)

Glad to see another Foccer who has seen the light and purchased the right colour.  :lol

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 01 May 2014, 10:12:31 pm »
Luuuuurverly!  8)   :)    :b    :thumbup :sun :smokin :woot

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 01 May 2014, 10:41:12 pm »
Yuk!!!!
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 01 May 2014, 10:47:38 pm »
Right then....Mr Red....i aim to please...hope this is enough :eek

Very first impressions ie first half hour........everything was tight & stiff & the bike felt substantial......but a little heavy....wee bit wobbling on pulling away in 1st and felt like i needed to clutch it more to get the momentum up...........later on all sense of weight had been forgotten & it was most likely just getting used to another bikes particular controls....

more muscle is required on the bars compared to noggyfighter.....possible slight ache on my right wrist....dunno why...maybe i was tensing a bit whilst flapping in the rain......maybe im used to my Renthals....but it is a different style where i think you've gotta be more push/pull on the bars or more pronounced with the counter steering...i also stopped caring about that later on...........the seat is painful after 100 miles in comparison to the 600 sofa seat.....but is just about time to fill up anyway before the light comes on at 130....

Im pleased with the physical size of the bike...i kinda thought they were smaller but is a good size & has a good road presence.......i had to do quite allot of filtering & it still felt slim enough to squeeze through.......the gilles rearsets are awesome and really comfy for me..i didnt have any aches or awkwardness from the pegs...real chuffed coz they are ultimate bling which serves a good purpose..

It is really nice to have lights again :) .....they are useful.

Something id never get round to fitting but now own.......heated grips.........switchable morale :)

It looks stunning...kerbside appeal is right up there...it gets a few looks.....fair play to Chris he has done a good few tasteful mods & i suppose being on foc-u and being used to seeing fazers kinda numbs the fact that joe blogs looks and thinks it looks exotic......the integrated rear lights and indicators really make the arse end tidy and sleek & the Akra can & rearsets complete the eye candy nicely......i stopped for a sandwich during one of many tailbacks due idiots & looking at her definitely gave me a semi :b .

Ok that was a bit boring for a review....i best go all Jeremy Clarkson now.

But foc all that...........that's just the bread in the sandwich.......what's inside pandoras box........ooooooer!!!!! :rolleyes

Lets remember im after a sunny day hoot bike......i want performance to match the bling......i want good handling & i want to reminisce about it...............yes.....it is foccin stupendous!!!!.......the Akra can sounds shit hot..real deep & grumpy.....actually the engine is generally deep & grumpy.....i expected a bigger version of the fzs600 engine but no no no it is different.....even at standstill you can feel the engine moving you about as it moans about being stuck in traffic......the 600 is like really happy & smooth & perky....when it goes it shouts "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"....,"moooooooore"...,,it wants to please.......like a springer spaniel...this gen2 engine is more like "am comin to eat yur babieeeeeeees & you will be greatfullllllllllll!!!!!"..........hmmmmmm.....i suppose what im describing is grunt then.......ye it foccin grunts all over the place :b .........oink oink!.

Ive never experienced power quite like it.......3rd & 4th gear overtakes are a real experience........but i wouldn't   particularly say that id take chances to overtake that i wouldn't on the 600...,my riding style is the same & the 600 is still quick enough........but it is the package.....& as a package overtakes are more fun.......it is quicker.....but noisier........the noise is really addictive...like my old Type-R K&N Typhoon air intake noise.....a proper reverberation.......it is fun in a box.....just so nice to hear........produce 1000 bio mechanical wasps....stick them in a sealed can.......shake it like foc & fire it into the hadron collider & i reckon there'd be a simillar noise :D .

& handling is real plush....yes it is heavy...yes there's more steering input required.....foc up & it'll push you to the outside of a corner.........but get it right...pick a line & it keeps that line superbly.....you can feel the rear suspension working but instead of skipping about over the road it is like a gyroscopic tank turret that stays stable regardless of the bumps....& ive never leaned so much on a bike before.......even my wet weather riding which i am actually scared of was eventually more on par with my usual normal dry riding on the old 600 if im not trying to push it.

So to summarise......yes i like it 8)

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 01 May 2014, 11:16:18 pm »
.....i stopped for a sandwich during one of many tailbacks due idiots & looking at her definitely gave me a semi :b .

And what were the two names I suggested then and the reason why eh  :lol

Pleased for you Noggy, cracking bike you've picked up, take it easy fella  :thumbup
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 01 May 2014, 11:16:27 pm »
ha! cracking review noggy. Agree with your assessment re: more grunty (and of course, you have the gen 2 which is arguably more grunty still).

Also agree with the overtaking thing - you dont necessarily do it and faster, just more swiftly.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 01 May 2014, 11:34:16 pm »

Should it be semi then or semy......or semA to add mystery?????? :lol

Cant help one more close up pic. 8)

Plus another nightly blue diss. :evil

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 02 May 2014, 06:57:25 am »
Nice bike,,

My blue bike has just pissed on the laptop screen,,,,cant blame it really :rolleyes

Oh and if you didn't know you are coming down to Lofo meet at Loom[size=78%]ies June 15th,,we will meet up with Deadeye and go from his.[/size]
« Last Edit: 02 May 2014, 07:13:33 am by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

NorthWestern

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 02 May 2014, 07:45:23 am »
looks great noggy!
Intentionally left blank

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 02 May 2014, 08:08:35 am »
11 pages of advice and shite and you buy a foccin slow red one.....enjoy you mad fool......... looks good mate.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 02 May 2014, 09:12:42 am »
Looks bloody great nog, and a good write up. If you can enjoy a bike in the bad weather think think how good it will feel when it's sunny :)
That engine still surprises me occasionally, it's an r1 lump when alls said and done. And comfy seats/ long tank range are for poofs.... ;) :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 02 May 2014, 01:47:26 pm »

More pics

We do love pics :)

Forgot to say...i like being honest...i dont feel the brakes are any better than the 600 blue spots....testiment to the old R1 brakes rather than a dig at the gen 2......it does have a little extra weight to pull up.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 02 May 2014, 04:22:48 pm »
You can solve the heavy steering noggy, drop the forks through the yoke about 8mm. Makes a big difference, but don't go further than 8mm or she can get a bit unstable.
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!