Would you be willing to take a covid vaccine  

yes
35 (71.4%)
no
6 (12.2%)
Dont know
8 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Author Topic: The Covid thread  (Read 69254 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: The Covid thread incl a poll
« Reply #200 on: 24 January 2021, 08:56:01 pm »
Interesting. Someone close to me went for their vax today and was unable to have it because in the past they have had a reaction to something. This was the pzifer biontec one but they were made an appointment on the spot for tomorrow for the astrozenaca Oxford Uni one.
They were told that if you have ever had any reaction to anything known or unknown then they will not give you the pzifer one.

Bit more info?
Reaction to what, with what, in the past?
Sorry for the delay in replying but I got banned from the forum

Why??

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 24 January 2021, 10:08:46 pm »
All very secret then.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 24 January 2021, 10:47:55 pm »
All very secret then.
Not seceret just personal information. The people involved are feeling some guilt and consciounce about possibly being accused of casting questions/negative naritive over the vaccines and so are not posting and spreading their experiences. But they are all talking about it within their own circles.
« Last Edit: 24 January 2021, 11:01:22 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 24 January 2021, 11:00:04 pm »
Interesting. Someone close to me went for their vax today and was unable to have it because in the past they have had a reaction to something. This was the pzifer biontec one but they were made an appointment on the spot for tomorrow for the astrozenaca Oxford Uni one.
They were told that if you have ever had any reaction to anything known or unknown then they will not give you the pzifer one.

Bit more info?
Reaction to what, with what, in the past?

Why??
Send me a a PM and I will tell you all about it.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #204 on: 25 January 2021, 12:35:39 am »

Why??

A moderation decision was made to give fazersharp a 7 day suspension of posting privileges.

Any further posts on this subject will be removed.

GrahamM

Moderator.

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 26 January 2021, 02:47:36 pm »
I work for the NHS and under 60 I've now had the jab and part from a sore arm im fine.but my mate who's been quite unwell with covid has just had he's and was taken rough and had to have more time off.and at my place of work they can't find enough people who are willing to have it but won't give it to none nhs worker's. Makes no sense to me if its gonna go to waste.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 26 January 2021, 03:47:23 pm »
I work for the NHS and under 60 I've now had the jab and part from a sore arm im fine.but my mate who's been quite unwell with covid has just had he's and was taken rough and had to have more time off.and at my place of work they can't find enough people who are willing to have it but won't give it to none nhs worker's. Makes no sense to me if its gonna go to waste.
Interesting and I think backs up what I said.Its like people who have had covid are having a bad time with the vax.
I am thinking that because of the lack of testing back in the start of all this I think there are many many who had covid asymptomatically and it is now showing up with all the people getting sick from the vax.

Could be the connection also why the old un's are not having any problems after the vax because they were more cautious than the younger population and never got covid.

So you work in the NHS and they know people under 60 are getting sick from the vax, staff are unwilling to have it. The powers that be must know this is going on but do not want the story to get out for fear of putting people off getting the jab.     
« Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 04:01:06 pm by fazersharp »

kitcrazy

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1000sx
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 26 January 2021, 04:03:45 pm »
No I don't think there's any great conspiracy your gonna get the odd person that has a reaction but that's life. I just can't understand why people are so worried about having it.its still a better option to have some sort of protection than none surly? Even if it means a few people get flu like symptoms.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 26 January 2021, 04:15:45 pm »
I just can't understand why people are so worried about having it.
One reason especially within a healthcare workplace that is predominantly staffed by younger female workers is pregnancy.     
« Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 04:16:52 pm by fazersharp »

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 26 January 2021, 04:30:52 pm »
One reason especially within a healthcare workplace that is predominantly staffed by younger female workers is pregnancy.   

More utter social media bollocks spread by yet more idiots like Paris Petgrave see here the reaction she got from a well known and respected GP https://www.mylondon.news/news/celebs/itv-good-morning-britains-dr-19653153 she's just in it to create publicity for herself.

This sort of crap doesn't need any more spreading so  :stop

« Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 04:37:36 pm by Gnasher »
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 26 January 2021, 04:34:49 pm »
No I don't think there's any great conspiracy your gonna get the odd person that has a reaction but that's life. I just can't understand why people are so worried about having it.its still a better option to have some sort of protection than none surly? Even if it means a few people get flu like symptoms.

Spot on fella, it's far better than getting serious symptoms with long term effects or dying if you not vaccinated. 
Later

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 26 January 2021, 04:59:34 pm »

More utter social media bollocks spread by yet more idiots like Paris Petgrave see here the reaction she got from a well known and respected GP https://www.mylondon.news/news/celebs/itv-good-morning-britains-dr-19653153 she's just in it to create publicity for herself.

This sort of crap doesn't need any more spreading so  :stop

I dont use social media - only this one - I have no idea who those people are - never heard of paris petgrave.
FYI
GOV website.
"The vaccines have not yet been tested in pregnancy, so until more information is available, those who are pregnant should not routinely have this vaccine. Non-clinical evidence is required before any clinical studies in pregnancy can start, and before that, it is usual to not recommend routine vaccination during pregnancy."

Its the governments own covid info on their website that is telling those pregnant not to have the vaccine.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 26 January 2021, 05:13:55 pm »
Just clicked your link. I don't see why Hillery is diverting the subject to fertility when they were talking about those pregnant and trying to get pregnant being given the vaccine. No one is mentioning anything about fertility. I am guessing those trying for a baby are told not to have it incase they already are pregnant and it is not being given to those pregnant.     

And if that paris petgrave is a well know conspiracy nut then why the hell is GMB getting her on. Was it just so peirs can have a slanging match. :rolleyes   If it weren't for GMB no one would of ever heard of her.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 05:18:58 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 26 January 2021, 05:38:08 pm »
Interesting and I think backs up what I said.Its like people who have had covid are having a bad time with the vax.I am thinking that because of the lack of testing back in the start of all this I think there are many many who had covid asymptomatically and it is now showing up with all the people getting sick from the vax.

You are bound to get the odd bad reaction, whether or not people have previously had the virus. Recent estimates were that something like 1 in 10 people have already contracted the virus, even if asymptomatic. If what you say is true,  they'd be dropping like flies after their vaccination. We probably would have noticed  :rolleyes

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 26 January 2021, 05:49:58 pm »
Interesting and I think backs up what I said.Its like people who have had covid are having a bad time with the vax.I am thinking that because of the lack of testing back in the start of all this I think there are many many who had covid asymptomatically and it is now showing up with all the people getting sick from the vax.

You are bound to get the odd bad reaction, whether or not people have previously had the virus. Recent estimates were that something like 1 in 10 people have already contracted the virus, even if asymptomatic. If what you say is true,  they'd be dropping like flies after their vaccination. We probably would have noticed  :rolleyes

Well yes they are dropping like flies - at least in my mates workplace - around 60% of them. Kitcrazy works in the NHS and has seen that he was ok but his mate was bad, wonder if Kitcrazy could ask around to see who else was ok or ill with it. He said they were having difficulty finding people willing to have the jab - could it be because they have seen their co workers off work for a week and can not afford to take time off ? - Rather than any conspiracy theory's on GMB. 
« Last Edit: 26 January 2021, 05:51:35 pm by fazersharp »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 26 January 2021, 06:27:56 pm »
I still prefer to listen to scientists and medical experts, than mates of mates  :)

I look at it this way. The chances of dying unvaccinated are greater than dying vaccinated.

Bring it on. 

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 27 January 2021, 10:37:07 am »
  • I still prefer to listen to scientists and medical experts, than mates of mates 
  • I look at it this way. The chances of dying vaccinated are greater than dying vaccinated.
  • 100%, those are the only ones you should listen too (no political agenda),  would also add internet forum commentators to the ignore list.
  • Can't argue with that statement, but would prefix that we need a demonstrable vaccine with minimal side effects (eg safe for pregnancy.)

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 27 January 2021, 11:38:37 am »
Got me letter in for me Jab--whoopdeedoo.

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 27 January 2021, 12:35:05 pm »

100%, those are the only ones you should listen too (no political agenda),  would also add internet forum commentators to the ignore list.
Spot on

we need a demonstrable vaccine with minimal side effects (eg safe for pregnancy.)

Many vaccines aren't given to pregnant women, in this vaccines case it's just too new to know what if any impact it will have on an unborn child throughout it's stages.  Most women in that category will be of low risk from Covid, so not having a vaccine is a calculated risk but a very small one.   

Paris Petgrave and those like her are just scare mongering, for their own ends.   The more these idiots are given platforms or their message is spread by others the worse it gets.  There's very little in life that's guaranteed, accept at some point you're going to die.  What's been happening slowly over decades, some people have been peddling crap that's it's always 'someone else's fault' and crated this idea that no one should get hurt or die and if they do you can blame and claim.  Done a lot of the time by those who want to get noticed and/or make money.  I struggle with these daytime TV programmes who wheel on countless celebrities and sports people who's own lives are total mess, with drugs, depression, jail time you name it and go on reality TV shows to reinvent themselves, for money and all of a sudden are f*^king experts, telling others how to live!  I wouldn't follow any of them anywhere.   

Reality is, some will die no matter what we do, if we take/make bad choices this will increase our chances of dying sooner, some will have reaction to things others wont.  Some can smoke all their lives, live till 100 or whatever, others will die of lung cancer having never smoked, but reality is not many at either end, not compared to, if you smoke for a good length of time.   You're going to damage yourself and that will end your life earlier.  Basically it's live and it's impossible to save everybody, but having a jab with give you much higher chances, so have it.  As motorcyclists we have a higher chance of being injured or killed every time we swing our leg over and ride than we ever have from a Covid vaccine.

We must stop these idiots and those who peddle their crap  :evil
Later

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 27 January 2021, 12:36:04 pm »
Got me letter in for me Jab--whoopdeedoo.

8) :)
Later

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #220 on: 27 January 2021, 12:53:59 pm »
My Mother in law had her first jab about 2 weeks ago with (unfortunately :pokefun ) no ill effects.

My dad has his booked for this Friday - will let you know on that one.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 27 January 2021, 01:05:06 pm »

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 27 January 2021, 01:36:01 pm »
My wife had hers a week or so back and didn't really suffer any problems. She got really lethargic and tired the night of it and woke up the next day with a headache and a really sore arm but by the end of the next day was all fine. Few of her colleges had the similar sort of reaction but lasting a few days. All in all nothing major

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 27 January 2021, 07:04:56 pm »
According to the scientists...... most likely side effects are caused by the body's immune system attacking what it 'thinks' is a virus, even though it isn't. That's how you build up the antibodies and t-cells for next time.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 27 January 2021, 07:49:39 pm »
Been speaking to my mate in more detail about their symptoms. Apart from the joint pain fever and feeling really shitty constantly for 24 hours they had shooting pains in the lymph glands and lost sense of taste for around 8 hours which then turned into an altered sense of taste with things tasting wrong for another 48 hours smell was largely ok apart from also being altered for a while. The general unwell and feeling crappy and needing Ibrufen and paracetamol lasted for about 7 days but came in waves, feeling fine for a number of hours and then just being hit with it again.