Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:51 pm

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 993 times)

Doddsie

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Insurance
« on: 09 April 2015, 09:08:31 pm »
Ok, didnt wanna say anything till the cheque was cashed. Got insurance payout for my bike today and it was £300 more than i payed for the bike 4 years ago including the excess. Word of warning though, my policy included helmet and leather cover but I have since found out that this is done through a seperate company and also included another £50 excess. The bloke said that he had been doing valuations for 27 years and found it hard to value because of the age/ condition and was more than happy to offer top dollar. Insurance was through hastings direct and to be fair, all in all, I cant fault them.

Next problem...... Ive always lusted after a Z 900. Im very tempted (wife allowing) to build one, keeping the same look but updating it. (Google sanctuary motorcycles) along these lines.  Its gonna take time and money but........... HEEEEELLLP??

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2015, 10:18:04 pm »
Good result from a bad, you never know what an insurance company is going to be like until you have to claim, yours was all very quick, and by the sound of it looks like it pays to keep polishing every nut
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2015, 04:50:37 pm »

Good luck finding a new bike Doddsie, hope you've semi recovered from the injuries.

top result with the pay out too. 8)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike