Date: 21-05-24  Time: 21:22 pm

Author Topic: No sympathy for Gunmen  (Read 16248 times)

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: No sympathy for Gunmen
« Reply #100 on: 11 January 2017, 10:12:01 am »
"...making a more humane society..."

This surely would not involve people harvesting their own heroin in their back garden!
That's just another ridiculous comment, the sort of thing a smackhead would say!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #101 on: 11 January 2017, 10:26:59 am »

"...Drugs don't cause violence as much as alcohol..."

Well I dunno about where you live, but to me that statement is almost laughable.
Any very violent crime I see when out and about, or read about, normally involves somebody on drugs, mainly cocaine if truth be told.

Where I live - alcohol is involved in over 90% of violent stupid things.

People smoking weed are usually far from violent.
Heroin addicts, unless tight on cash to get the (expensive) drugs are also calm. It's the high prices that create problems.

"...making a more humane society..."

This surely would not involve people harvesting their own heroin in their back garden!
That's just another ridiculous comment, the sort of thing a smackhead would say!

Shortsighted view IMO.
Drugs is mostly used by people who aren't happy. Or by young people without responsible adults who spend time with them and give good example.

For those "lost", keeping drugs illegal is making it even worse by forcing them into crime (since drugs are both illegal, and, because of that, very expensive).
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 11 January 2017, 12:46:33 pm »
I'm gonna hazard a guess that it's the people that are violent and stupid, but booze brings out the worst in them!
The vast majority of people in my local for instance are quite happy to get boozed up, maybe have something to eat then go and sleep it off without any trouble whatsoever.
But when i see people that are quite blatantly on drugs as well, and they are very easy to spot and hear, even if they don't realise it, then it will be them that start any grief 90% of the time.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 12 January 2017, 07:28:57 pm »
I work in education and the explosion in legal highs, 6/7 years ago, was horrendous. Loads of kids taking all sorts of shit because it wasn't prohibited. We had to do loads of work to explain that legal does not equal safe, we couldn't keep up. The trouble was many kids were already well deep with substance abuse. The damage done is appalling (even that 'spice' crap has killed a few people). Legalising drugs is not some cure-all. I suspect the kids who were doing m-cat every evening will have mental health problems long into the future.

The idea that if booze and fags are legal, then so should skag, coke and mdma is highly flawed. If alcohol and tobacco came on the scene today they would be banned outright. As it is alcohol probably contributed to the birth of civilisation and tobacco-addiction predates modern lawmaking (and prohibition would be a massive headache, education is killing it off in the UK largely). There are loads of skag-heads around here, a real concern for me is getting knocked off of the bike by one, as loads drive cars while nodding (one killed a cycling couple near here a while back).