Date: 27-04-24  Time: 06:39 am

Author Topic: Hello from the forest  (Read 584 times)

EarlOfEasycore

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - R1
    • View Profile
Hello from the forest
« on: 18 October 2023, 03:59:02 pm »
I don't know why it's taken me a good 6 years to finally get registered onto this site after lurking around in the background, but alas, I've done it. I've been on an R1-engined Yamaha for the better part of 10 years, where my daily was my 07 R1. I purchased my Fazer Thou back in 2017 when my now wife grew tired of riding pillion on the non existent perch of the R1. It now serves as a commuting and winter hack, although since working from home post covid lockdown, the only ever time it comes out is when the R1 hibernates between October and March, which is a shame.

Nevertheless, what with having kids and having a family who mountain bike, it's very difficult to get to spend Sundays scratching B roads and pootling over into Wales. I wanted to part with both bikes and get a Tuono V4, but the all day comfort and relatively simple maintenance of the Gen 1 meant that I'll end up keeping both. Both have clocked over 52k miles and both are on their second engines - Spun big end on the R1 and failed thermostat cooking the original Fazer lump at 44k miles. Two litre class Yamahas with vastly different characteristics and personalities. Makes me wonder if I should just get a 5PW R1 as a garage stablemate.

But yeah, just thought I'd say hi. 

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Hello from the forest
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2023, 04:51:06 pm »
Good to see a lurker come out of the shadows :thumbup