Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:54 pm

Author Topic: The Jock vote  (Read 33907 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: The Jock vote
« Reply #200 on: 22 September 2014, 02:01:42 pm »
Ther is a common thinking in england that alot of tbe yes voters are from very deprived areas of the two big cities and their votes were bought by the promise of cheaper booze prices in tesco.

And of these thousands of voters nonehavetheslightest idea of politics or how they get their dole money.
A promise of more jobs  would probably put the fear of god into them
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
  • Old Age & Treachery will Overcome Youth & Skill
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 22 September 2014, 03:30:35 pm »
is there any intelligence out there??????

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 22 September 2014, 06:35:14 pm »
Democracy is a lie, apparently.   https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1486271174975502     Don't know how genuine this is but I for one don't trust any of these cunts in power.
« Last Edit: 22 September 2014, 06:45:12 pm by dazza »

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
Women have chocolate men have bikes.....
including ones who like chocolate....;)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 03 July 2015, 07:47:20 am »
Well the answer is simple, westminster should just desolve the Scottish parliment, you are either in or your not , cake and eat it springs to mind.
Why should Scottish, Welsh or N Ireland MP's have any input into what an English issue only is have to do with them.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 03 July 2015, 06:13:00 pm »
well said that man lewfazer. :pc

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 03 July 2015, 09:00:07 pm »
well said lew bang on.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 03 July 2015, 09:22:10 pm »
Well the answer is simple, westminster should just desolve the Scottish parliment, you are either in or your not , cake and eat it springs to mind.
Why should Scottish, Welsh or N Ireland MP's have any input into what an English issue only is have to do with them.
The reason Scottish, welsh and n ireland mp's should have an input is VERY simple. The devolved scottish parliament is given a budget every year out of the 'english' budget, which is controlled by the  bank of England.  The Scottish can then decide to a certain extent where to spend the money in Scotland. England on the other hand has control of all monies (inc what Scotland is allowed to spend) If England have  english issues only it can determine how much Scotland, wales and n ireland will have as a budget the following year, so they should be allowed to raise issues if they think it could affect there budget.
If it's broken, it's not fixed.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 03 July 2015, 09:41:52 pm »
Raise issues of concern yes but without right to vote on the final outcome.  It could  argued any budget given to Scotland has an impact on England.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 03 July 2015, 10:36:58 pm »
The budget that Scotland receives is less than what Scotland gives to the UK economy. The Scots also pay more per head in tax than anyone else in the UK. It is absolute rubbish that England supports Scotland. If anyone can prove otherwise please show government taxation documents. On both sides of the border there is scare mongering about who pays what... Why do you think the conservatives, labour and the lib dems are so keen to keep Scotland attached to England financially.. Do you think they want to keep a country that costs them lots of money...

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 03 July 2015, 10:56:21 pm »
If the Scots are paying more tax than anyone else in the UK surely you need to be looking at the Scottish Parliment as Scotland has the right to set there own income tax rates? or have I got that wrong.
in Scotland do you not get free NHS prescritions?>? Someone has to pick up the tab for that so maybe that is why,if what you say is correct scots pay more tax.
The devolved Scottish parliment is given a budget every year out of the English budget, It is NOT the English budget it is the budget from the British Treasury and the UK parliment.
Unlike the other three UK & GB countries The English do not have a parliment of their OWN !!! The English only have representation in the Houses of Parliment(Westminster) which to me seems unfair as the Scots , The Welsh and the N Irish get two bits at the cherry.
Feel free to have another independance vote just remember though the English should also have the same rights to vote to keep Scotland out of the UK when you realise you got it wrong.
We are stronger together.

nickodemon

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Aprilia tuono V4
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 04 July 2015, 12:41:23 am »
Scots don't get to set there income tax rates. Nhs prescriptions are free, but there are only 5 million Scots. England does have there own parliament. Its called westminster, as it dictates what happens to the smaller countries attached. We are stronger together as an allied force against what is happening in tunisia etc.. The English seem to think that if Scotland become independent that we are not going to be side by side with you when we go to war is totally wrong. The scottish/welsh n irish people want to be able to have full atonomy of the money they create to be used in there country. simples :)

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 04 July 2015, 09:02:52 am »
Nikodemon, there are only 5 million Scots?????? I think what you mean there are only 5 million who live there. I noticed in the last referendum if you were a scot and you lived outside of Scotland you were not allowed to vote in the referendum, what was that all about??
You may say why should you get the vote if you do not live in the country. A lot of scots work and live abroad. It does not mean they have turned their back on Scotland it usually is means must and one would assume when they finished working abroad they may choose to return home.
I think the fair way to carry out a referendum if it raises it's head again the whole of the UK should be allowed to vote on it not just the Scots. That way the nationalists in Scotland may get what they wish for as I think the English are tired of the constant whinging coming out of Scotland.
The whole of the UK has been through a resession not just north of the border.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 04 July 2015, 09:16:02 am »
Raise issues of concern yes but without right to vote on the final outcome.  It could  argued any budget given to Scotland has an impact on England.

Look Scotland's budget is linked to England's budget.

For example, if England cuts it's NHS budget, then in turn Scotland's NHS budget is cut.

But the NHS is a devolved issue.  Scotland runs it's own NHS.

So Scotland must have the right to vote on English NHS matters becuase they can have a direct impact on Scotland's NHS.

You know all this whinging about Scottish influence in the English parliament, Scotland voting on English matters etc.  Well you know what, tough - get over it.

I had to suffer 17 years of Tory rule that my country did not vote for.  And yet again we have a Tory government, yet only one Tory MP in Scotland.  Scotland did not vote Tory, but Scotland has a Tory government again.

in Scotland do you not get free NHS prescritions?

Scotland gets a fixed budget.  The Scottish parliament decides how to spend that budget. 

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 04 July 2015, 09:23:51 am »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3147966/Sturgeon-threatens-new-independence-referendum-SNP-clash-Tories-English-votes-English-laws-plan.html

Ooooo don't you just love the Daily Mail.

Referendum?  Not sure we will need one.

It looks like the SNP will do the impossible twice - that is hold a majority in a coalition parliament - come 2016.  You have to understand that the Scottish parliament was designed by the English so that the SNP could never hold a majority and that there could never ever be a referendum on Scottish Independence.  But it looks like not only will the SNP do the impossible twice but they will in all probability increase their majority.  Though of course 10 months is a very long time in politics. 

But if the SNP do perform as currently expected, and with 56 SNP seats out of 59 in the English parliament, well I would argue that come the summer of 2016 we won't need a referendum.  It's a simple mater of declaring Scotland Independent. 

The SNP would have the mandate to do so.  Just a thought.

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 04 July 2015, 10:03:08 am »

You know all this whinging about Scottish influence in the English parliament, Scotland voting on English matters etc.  Well you know what, tough - get over it.

in that case

Scotland is part of the UK so stop your whinging and get over it   :nana

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 04 July 2015, 10:14:15 am »
Let's have our own poll on here for Scotland in Scotland out.  :rollin

Oldgit

• foccerwithoutaspacebar
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - BMW R1200RS Sport SE
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 04 July 2015, 02:02:08 pm »
OUT along with the GREEKS.  :pc

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 04 July 2015, 02:23:45 pm »
I agree with Oldgit out along with the Greeks. Have yer vote and begone.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 04 July 2015, 02:32:35 pm »

Yes to that, the reason so many scots like me leave Scotland is the insular attitude held by so many north of the border. The attitude that all english mps are tossers and all scottish mps are paragons of virtue is beyond laughable.

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 04 July 2015, 03:37:39 pm »

Yes to that, the reason so many scots like me leave Scotland is the insular attitude held by so many north of the border. The attitude that all english mps are tossers and all scottish mps are paragons of virtue is beyond laughable.

:lol :lol Well said. Oh yeah, OUT  :D
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 04 July 2015, 07:13:31 pm »

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 04 July 2015, 07:49:09 pm »
That desperate that you have to rely on youtube!
The reason the Romans put Hadrians wall up 2000 years ago is that even they didn't want people like you in their empire.
Please ,declare independence now and when it goes tits up who will you blame then?

midden

• Operation Foc-UTree
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Falcon Stealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 04 July 2015, 08:03:09 pm »
Best part of that clip came around 3.05min ..........I'd tuck her under my souvenir kilt  ;)

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 04 July 2015, 09:13:25 pm »

Some of you aren't thinking with your dipstick . . .

Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.