Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:40 pm

Author Topic: NEED HELP PLEASE CHAPS zzr600 cable probs  (Read 842 times)

Dinger1962

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - 1987 tomos 50cc
    • View Profile
NEED HELP PLEASE CHAPS zzr600 cable probs
« on: 14 November 2016, 08:05:02 pm »
 i know its not a fazer but the old guys bike will probably outlive him hope someone can throw some light on this--i am currently helping sort a throttle cable issue on mates zzr 6 when the "roll off cable" is attached it wont "roll off".we swapped and changed between new and old cables with exactly the same result tried different tensions etc--so my question is can the bike run ok without "roll off cable" ?would be greatful for any input as i want my garage back to get on with my fazer winter tidy up and service thanks Stu--
MY GRANDAD TOLD ME -WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER--EXCEPT FOR A BEAR THAT WILL DEFINATELY KILL YOU---

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: NEED HELP PLEASE CHAPS zzr600 cable probs
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2016, 08:23:55 pm »
i know its not a fazer but the old guys bike will probably outlive him hope someone can throw some light on this--i am currently helping sort a throttle cable issue on mates zzr 6 when the "roll off cable" is attached it wont "roll off".we swapped and changed between new and old cables with exactly the same result tried different tensions etc--so my question is can the bike run ok without "roll off cable" ?would be greatful for any input as i want my garage back to get on with my fazer winter tidy up and service thanks Stu--

The close cable is a safety feature: CV carbs are vacuum operated and were the spring on the butterfly shaft to snap, the carbs could run away (clearly dangerous and/or potential to damage the engine). The close cable allows the butterflies to be shut down, whatever else may be going on.

Personally I'd makes sure the closing cable works and is present; there must be a reason that it won't work (it's not binding in the rigid outer by the twist grip?)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2016, 08:26:51 pm »
Sounds like the cable has been routed incorrectly of if a new cable, the inner is too short. Dangerous practice to run without it and definitely not recommended. As a get you home temporary measure it will work, but should not be more than that. 

Dinger1962

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • - 1987 tomos 50cc
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2016, 09:04:07 pm »
will have another look tomorrow thanks for suggestions--
MY GRANDAD TOLD ME -WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER--EXCEPT FOR A BEAR THAT WILL DEFINATELY KILL YOU---