Date: 18-05-24  Time: 05:49 am

Author Topic: Whats the point  (Read 3185 times)

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Whats the point
« on: 10 March 2012, 02:19:11 am »
of this story??

His family claim he was too big? And? Is a mortuary expected to have fridges to fit every fat bloater in their area? Why the hell should my taxes go towards paying for their grief? I have no problem paying for Mr Average Joe, in such circumstances, but a line has to be drawn somewhere - and it has to be before a picture can be taken where the guy barely has a chin. If the family, who apparently loved him so much, want a fridge big enough to fit him, they can bloody well pay for it themselves.

I've not had a good day, but if Elsie wants to wants to say goodbye to her "loved" one, she'll have to deal with the reality, not try to blame it on somebody else and comfort from that.

"How can I let him go when I can't say goodbye? It's just wrong." FFS, welcome to the world.

rustyrider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the point
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2012, 09:46:28 am »
I saw part of a thing on telly last week, Fat Squad or something like that.  There's an ambulance crew with a custom built ambulance and huge wheelchairs specifically for getting grossly obese people out of their houses and taking them to hospital.  Why?  They got themselves into a state where they are no longer capable of walking out of their own house so if they can't get out they should bloody stay there and the NHS not bother with them any more.  It's self harming, no different to a junkie in my view.

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2012, 10:40:46 am »
And these people usually (from what I've seen on tv) have somebody who is feeding them, and contributing to their immense size. When asked why they keep buying them 10 Bargain Buckets in KFC each day, they have some pathetic excuse along the lines of "Its what they want". Tak esome responsibility for your loved ones, ffs, and feed them proper food! These people are guilty of assault, in my opinion, and far more so than somebody who maybe threw a single punch - its a sustained attack on the victim.

In the meantime, here's a different take

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2012, 04:12:56 pm »
just a few thoughts on this story,

what size coffin would he have?
if he is buried will he have a normal size grave? who will dig it & lower him down?
what about the hearse? will that have to be reinforced?
if it is a cremation, will the doors be big enough to fit in an oversized coffin?
will the mechanism be stong enough to handle the extra weight?

I loved the other side of the story. knowing it was spoofed made it just as hilarious as if the comments had been real!
It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2012, 05:23:22 pm »

if it is a cremation, will the doors be big enough to fit in an oversized coffin?

I know some crems have had to refuse "customers", as they just don't fit through the furnace doors!

Sunny Intervals

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Yamaha TT600R
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2012, 06:05:53 pm »
How do Crem's work out the cooking times ? :book
Got to be more than 15 mins to the pound, but by how much ??  :eek

Hangmen have the drop calculation, so  guess that Crems must have a cook time equation  :deal

alan09

• Brainless Foccer
    Foccin' Grumpy
  • Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2012, 06:35:30 pm »
How do Crem's work out the cooking times ? :book
Got to be more than 15 mins to the pound, but by how much ??  :eek  FFS :lol :lol

Farjo

• Consultor de administración
  • GP Hero
  • Admin alumni
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2012, 09:38:06 pm »
Wikipedia's no help:
"The time to carry out a cremation can vary from 70 minutes to approximately 200 minutes. Cremators used to run on timers (some still do) and one would have to determine the weight of the body therefore calculating how long the body has to be cremated for and set the timers accordingly. Other types of cremators merely have a start and a stop function for the cremation, displayed on the user interface. The end of the cremation must be judged by the operator who in turn stops the cremation process."

Fowlersrs

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2012, 09:48:24 pm »
what a lovely evening discussion, beggars belief he was left on a morg table tho, should of billed the family for the services if hes too big tbh.
I hear theres some crems heating swimming pools these days with the latent heat, better than it all going up in smoke I guess  :rollin

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2012, 10:06:36 pm »
Ha ha ha ha love it, you callus basterds! :rollin

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 March 2012, 07:20:12 am »
They cut off some limbs and burn them seperately ....they just wont admit it publicly.When very fat people are cremated, they slit the belly in a few places, and drain off the "dripping" before final cremation.Its quicker and saves a lot of fuel.If you go round the back yard of yer average crem, there are dozens of barrels full of it , waiting to be collected by the recyclers....

I bet many actually would wish to be  super obese...someone paying for me to eat 10 buckets of KFC. But vary it  a bit ...you know...10 big macs on a tuesday , 10 fish and chips on a friday etc...make life  a bit worthwhile.Keep up to date with day time telly etc...someone to bath you and mop up after  toilet time...

As for is it right ?...well if the state pays for single moms to have council houses cos they got up the duff, why not obese people  special treatment after eating too much. Or smokers having cancer treatment etc...its all down to ones opinion and  perspective in life.  8)

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 March 2012, 12:03:26 pm »
Cremation worries me ,with the price of titanium shooting up ,I’m worth more as scrap lol
Its just a ride

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 March 2012, 10:37:10 pm »

I bet many actually would wish to be  super obese...someone paying for me to eat 10 buckets of KFC. But vary it  a bit ...you know...10 big macs on a tuesday , 10 fish and chips on a friday etc...make life  a bit worthwhile.Keep up to date with day time telly etc...someone to bath you and mop up after  toilet time...

As for is it right ?...well if the state pays for single moms to have council houses cos they got up the duff, why not obese people  special treatment after eating too much. Or smokers having cancer treatment etc...its all down to ones opinion and  perspective in life.  8)

Is it right? well human rights is about giving everyone a share of humanity, in my mind, being human as with any creature life is about surviving. With being over weight there should be a limiting factor and that used to be if you could not catch dinner you could not get bigger. So as told in the story of Winnie the Pooh after eating all the honey in the house he could not get out the door to get more honey, he was on a diet till he could.
Once a person has to have some one collect and bring them their food it is time for a compulsory diet in my mind. Not for me to pay taxes for nurse maids to make the problem worse.

Robbie8666

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph NightStorm
    • View Profile
    • RNVMCC
« Reply #13 on: 14 March 2012, 01:07:41 pm »

Once a person has to have some one collect and bring them their food it is time for a compulsory diet in my mind. Not for me to pay taxes for nurse maids to make the problem worse.

what about Tesco home delivery? is that under the same banner?  :rollin

some people are house bound for other reasons not just overweight!

It ain't what you ride, it's who you ride with!!!

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14 March 2012, 08:44:20 pm »

what about Tesco home delivery? is that under the same banner?  :rollin

some people are house bound for other reasons not just overweight!

I was thinking more about the belief these days that if they want it, its their human right to have it. I don't think that it is. 

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15 March 2012, 07:15:44 am »
the point I am making is that its not just fat people who are getting disproportionately large amount of state aid because of their predicament / life choice.

another moot point is if the super obese are in that state simply because they " eat too much"...from a purely calories in / calories out equation , scientifically that is true...but many are obese from the influence of other factors. Plus as is obvious...if you cant actually get yer food, it must be " feeders" who are then responsible.A sobering thought is its possible to get  obese by just eating 50 calories a day too much...hardly bingeing out is it ! Plus, once super obese and unable to exercise...they will never lose that weight , a frightening thought.

so what do we do...? support them or shoot them !

ddtwelve

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - triumph tiger 1050
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15 March 2012, 09:10:15 am »
youll proberly want to shoot them and toss them in the nearest hole as moving them from deathbed to mortuary fridge is a four man job not two man as norm (you didnt hear this from me)

chris.biker

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Hornet 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15 March 2012, 10:47:17 pm »
I m for helping them, which is different to allowing them to worsen their health.

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2012, 09:13:25 am »
A mates father fell ill and had to go to hospital and as he was so big they had to call out a joiner and the firebrigade ( his son was one of the firemen ) to remove and extract him out the living room window. When his condition improved the same routine had to be done to get him back in the house. Five days later he died, same routine to get his body out for funeral. Weeks later his son joked about the fiasco they had moving him and hopes he is no longer a fireman when his brother dies as he is bigger than his father was.
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

MissB

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 18 March 2012, 10:45:53 am »
Wikipedia's no help:
"The time to carry out a cremation can vary from 70 minutes to approximately 200 minutes. Cremators used to run on timers (some still do) and one would have to determine the weight of the body therefore calculating how long the body has to be cremated for and set the timers accordingly. Other types of cremators merely have a start and a stop function for the cremation, displayed on the user interface. The end of the cremation must be judged by the operator who in turn stops the cremation process."

apparently if they are that fat they burn forever as they are a bit like a candle....
We are born naked wet and hungry and then things get worse....