Date: 01-05-24  Time: 01:11 am

Author Topic: Start when warm/hot problem:  (Read 1416 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Start when warm/hot problem:
« on: 11 September 2012, 02:15:22 pm »

The bike is a 2005, 11k, all standard, Ivanised by Falcon, mint condition and has been regularly serviced etc.

Starts fine when cold, but once warm even after a short run I have give it a handfull of throttle while its catching/trying and then after a second of that its catches properly and then brum brum etc.  If kill the engine and go to start it again it starts perfectly as it would when cold. I had this very same issue to the same or lesser degree on all my previous fzs1000's, so it could be just a case of living with it. But I'm kinda getting fed up with it and would like to get to bottom of it if possible.

Is there anything out of the ordinary that you lot can think of other than servicing the carbs..?

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Start when warm/hot problem:
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2012, 03:33:25 pm »
Mine often doesn't catch first time on the button when warm but a little bit of throttle (not a handfull) gets it there second prod.

You could try new plugs but it sounds fairly normal to me.

Oh, and try just turning off the ignition with the engine at a steady idle.  Blipping the throttle just prior to killing the sparks pulls in fuel which isn't burned and this may wet the plugs slightly.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 September 2012, 05:26:00 pm »
  • You could try new plugs but it sounds fairly normal to me.
  • Oh, and try just turning off the ignition with the engine at a steady idle.  Blipping the throttle just prior to killing the sparks pulls in fuel which isn't burned and this may wet the plugs slightly.

• Yeah that what i was thinking and have been told.
  • Ah yes, I read about this and wondered, so will try it and see what happens.

yamahasan

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2012, 09:28:36 am »
I have noticed that I have to open the throttle a little to start it when the bike is really hot and came to think that maybe it happens because any gas left around has evaporated......does that sound logical?

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 September 2012, 11:59:59 am »
I have noticed that I have to open the throttle a little to start it when the bike is really hot and came to think that maybe it happens because any gas left around has evaporated......does that sound logical?
That seems to be the popular theory.