Date: 30-04-24  Time: 15:29 pm

Author Topic: HELP NEEDED: HACKNEY PROPOSED PARKING CHARGES  (Read 1061 times)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
HELP NEEDED: HACKNEY PROPOSED PARKING CHARGES
« on: 14 July 2023, 04:02:54 pm »
Hackney Council have released the final statutory consultation on their proposed motorcycle parking charges.

HOW TO RESPOND:

Motorcyclists need you to respond to this consultation NOW, so this is your chance to fight anti motorcycle policies and stand up for riders everywhere. The charges are an attempt to force riders out of Hackney. If we don’t fight this now it will spread all over London and then the UK.

The best way to respond is by emailing your objection to "  streetscene.consultations@hackney.gov.uk  " before Friday 04 August 2023. As this is not a normal consultation - Hackney must address each response individually, thereby we become a thorn in thier side that they HAVE to acknowledge. And if you feel like it, ping the mayor and the counciler responsible for this nonsense "  mayor@hackney.gov.uk  " & "  mete.coban@hackney.gov.uk  "

So in your response please don’t just say you oppose, but give alternative options and reasons for them to consider. This will massively hold them up as by law they must consider and respond to each individual option. The more people respond, the more likely Hackney will be forced to drop their draconian plans. We want to send a message to councils that it’s not worth their time to attack bikers! Hackney’s stated aim for the policy is to tackle climate change and air quality, so think about other options which could achieve this aim.

You can find examples of alternative options below; please think of this as only a guide and feel free to make your own suggestions in your own words. The more different options the council has to consider the better:

- No charges for motorcycles and scooters to encourage car drivers to downsize
- Increase charges for cars to target the real source of transport emissions and congestion in Hackney
- Follow the Westminster or Lewisham models with far lower charges for motorcycles
- Account for factors such as space and congestion in any charges

The consultation closes on Friday 04 August 2023. But the earlier you respond the better!

DETAILS OF THE CHARGES

Following pressure from you/us Hackney have backed down on some parts of their plans. They have dropped the total ban on all day commuter parking, and reduced the charges from their initial £60 per day. But this is not enough. The proposed charges are still absolutely outrageous:

- £10 for all day commuter parking in solo motorcycle bays. Currently these are only found around Old Street so commuter parking is still banned in the rest of the borough
- Charging motorcycles and scooters the same as cars for residents and business parking permits
- Residents permits up to £596 a year and business permits up to £1560, rising to £843 and £1800 by 2027
- Residents of ‘car-free’ developments will now be banned from parking a motorcycle

You can find full details of the proposed charges here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-fVV0cZlq9_f_oMtg7U0XlMhg-D9XQsFQ0II9F85z-4/edit

With your help Save London Motorcycling and MAG have achieved so much. We got Camden to shelve their plans, which would have banned motorcycle commuting. Hackney’s proposed charges have been delayed by over two years, with some concessions already made. Further delay could mean it’s shelved for good. This is the final stage and your last chance to make your voice heard. Please share with your riding mates, your mum, your sister, your grandad and anyone who cares about bikers! This is a vital consultation and we’ll do our best to respond to everyone as quickly as possible. 

If you do one thing for riders in London, let this be it.

Please contact me if you have any questions.
« Last Edit: 01 August 2023, 11:58:47 am by b1k3rdude »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Just sent an email, hope they see sense :thumbup

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Have a look at the linked google doc then to page 2 and the "Emissions-based charging structure for resident parking permits  (solo motorcycles) - 12 months" section. It was pointed out over a year ago to them directly that there is "NO SUCH THING as a DIESEL motorcycle!", yet those myopic, belligerent imbeciles have left the "Diesel surcharge" in their illiterate little table...
« Last Edit: 14 July 2023, 07:14:40 pm by b1k3rdude »

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
Have a look at the linked google doc then to page 2 and the "Emissions-based charging structure for resident parking permits  (solo motorcycles) - 12 months" section. It was pointed out over a year ago to them directly that there is "NO SUCH THING as a DIESEL motorcycle!", yet those myopic, belligerent imbeciles have left the "Diesel surcharge" in their illiterate little table...
Royal Enfield did produce diesel engined bikes, but are no longer in production. There is a very active owners club…………..I do get the point you’re making though.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Just a reminder, there are only 2 weeks left to respond!

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
Re: HELP NEEDED: HACKNEY PROPOSED PARKING CHARGES
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2023, 11:59:51 am »
Just a reminder the deadline is this friday -

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2023, 08:15:13 am »
So some one on the bandit forum asked "werent MAG involved" to which I replied.

They are involved, Im a MAG member. But if you read the OP you'd see we need load of people to email Hackney to cause them to have to delay what they are proposing. But  if the frankly give-a-shit response we have had on here and the other forum I posted on I dont know if we got anywhere near enough the requesred engagement.

I dont get the last of interest when issues like this are brought up, its like riders dont give a flying fig about the fact that rght to ride is being systematicly attacked from multiple angles, yet do fuck-all about it when presented with the means to fight on a fucking platter.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #7 on: 04 August 2023, 09:56:17 am »
Whilst most people on here are probably thinking, WTF hsa this got to do with me as i dont go anywhere near there, once other councils see the revenue Hackey get, they will bring in charging in their areas too across the country
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 August 2023, 10:29:31 am »
First they came for the** and I did nothing then they came for ** now they are coming for me and there is no one left to help. Whatever the quote is. You are exactly right it will spread and this is the totalitarian tip toe in action see here
And once established the price will go up. Same as the Low emissions zones in cities coming to a city near you next its 15 minute cities.
But I got the impression that I was not eligible to object as I did not live there or that my objection would be ignored for the same reason.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #9 on: 04 August 2023, 12:43:46 pm »
First they came for the** and I did nothing then they came for ** now they are coming for me and there is no one left to help. Whatever the quote is. You are exactly right it will spread and this is the totalitarian tip toe in action

Whilst I agree that this sort of thing certainly can often be the case, there's better ways to show it than citing David Icke on a Conspiracy Theory site ;)

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 August 2023, 07:22:32 pm »
Welp its too late to do anything in this round because no fucker appeared to email Hackney as per the OP.