Date: 27-04-24  Time: 11:49 am

Author Topic: For sale...IVAN's slip on jet kit  (Read 1578 times)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
For sale...IVAN's slip on jet kit
« on: 07 January 2023, 06:40:38 pm »
For sale..Ivan's slip on jet kit. As new and never fitted.everything you need including drills.instructions and a sticker to finish the job off...€120 on IVANS PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS plus postage.tax etc...open to sensible offers
One, is never going to be enough.....

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: For sale...IVAN's slip on jet kit
« Reply #1 on: 10 January 2023, 11:40:24 am »
Are you sure that's the slip-on kit? The MB suffix indicates it is the 'full monty' kit. Part number for the slip-on kit is FZ-0102SO.

FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 January 2023, 02:04:44 pm »
“Full exhaust system” is another giveaway I’d have thought. Didn’t you fancy it on the mighty thou Mr.Red?.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 January 2023, 06:49:15 pm »
Thanks TEECEE90 and ROBBO for bringing that to my attention  :thumbup ...Your both absolutely right of course. bit of a muppet moment for me missing that. :o ...What makes it stranger is i bought this off Devils yam many years ago as a slip on kit...Not sure whats going on but i will do my homework and update the post...Thanks again

Robbo. the reason for sale is ive had it sat on the shelf for probably 8/9 years .iam never going to get round to fitting it. two bike projects on the go and a half finished classic car restoration and my 600 crying out for a bit of tlc its just not going to happen...spent a lot of time and money on the thou over the last couple of years and its runnin/riding great...more than happy with the performance i just need to get out more.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2023, 10:13:08 am »
Thanks TEECEE90 and ROBBO for bringing that to my attention  :thumbup ...Your both absolutely right of course. bit of a muppet moment for me missing that. :o ...What makes it stranger is i bought this off Devils yam many years ago as a slip on kit...Not sure whats going on but i will do my homework and update the post...Thanks again

Robbo. the reason for sale is ive had it sat on the shelf for probably 8/9 years .iam never going to get round to fitting it. two bike projects on the go and a half finished classic car restoration and my 600 crying out for a bit of tlc its just not going to happen...spent a lot of time and money on the thou over the last couple of years and its runnin/riding great...more than happy with the performance i just need to get out more.
I’ll pencil you in for this years day trip to Cornwall :lol
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2023, 02:19:41 pm »
If it's definitely the full monty I'll offer £80. Probably the only way to be sure would be to check the jet and needle sizes. I suppose it's possible that Luke could have put an SO kit in an MB box..... particularly as the parts are not in their original plastic bags and there appear to be more drill bits than normally come in one of Ivan's kits.

« Last Edit: 11 January 2023, 02:34:07 pm by teecee90 »
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2023, 10:33:11 pm »
Hi Teecee...Thanks for your offer. Looked through my PM`s and was sold to me as a slip on kit, Cant see Luke mixing up the kits but we all make mistakes.
Had a look on Ivans website. both kits use the same jets. 122.5 which is what i have in the kit, needles are also the same size for each kit. cant see any markings on the needles and they are described as "multiple taper design".
 Not sure of the difference in the two kits.Kits are the same price so i cant see it being much of a difference. drill sizes or is it just the mod to the air box lid ???...
wlii do some more digging tomorrow and update.

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2023, 10:30:49 am »
Yes. Looking at Ivan’s website it seems that the only difference between the two kits is that they have different needle profiles, which is probably going to be difficult to discern visually. Might be worth consulting Mike (Falcoln 269) as the resident expert….
« Last Edit: 12 January 2023, 10:34:42 am by teecee90 »
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 January 2023, 06:55:18 am »
yes.iam thinking the same.needle profile...in the kit i have its shows instructions for the air box mod so iam edging towards it being a full monty kit but i have to be sure before i sell...I see Falcon`s still active so will PM him over the weekend and see if he can help.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 January 2023, 06:59:47 am »
I’ll pencil you in for this years day trip to Cornwall :lol

:lol  didnt go too well last time  :'( that was the start of my troubles with the mighty thou.Failed water pump if i remember rightly,not long after i had rebuilt it  :'(

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01 February 2023, 12:56:06 pm »
Just found an old post by Mike which says the Slip-On kit has 122.5 main jets, the MB kit has 127.5 mains and a different needle profile. On that basis, it seems that this is indeed a slip-on kit, albeit in an MB box. Strange.
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

SkidT

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1200GS LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03 February 2023, 07:57:21 pm »
When I bought my My current Gen1, which I’ve had for over ten years now, it already had a “Slip on kit” fitted and it ran superbly with it.

However, having previously had the “Full Monty” on a previous Gen1, I decided to upgrade. Mike was kind enough to do this for me down in Saltash. I then sold the “Slip on Kit” in the “Full Monty” box to BJohnD on here. This was at the end of 2017.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility that BJohnD may have sold this on again? Equally, there is I suspect, quite a few on here that might have done the same upgrade over the years and as I did, sold the removed “Slip on Kit” in the “Full Monty” box.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 February 2023, 09:00:50 am »
Hi TEECEE. Thanks for going to the trouble of searching through Mikes posts. Should of thought of that myself  :rolleyes ...Jets are clearly marked as 122.5 so a slip on kit. sadly not what you want but thanks for you interest and help  :thumbup .

Hi SkidT...Think you may have solved the mystery. Thats excatly what most people would do when upgrading or indeed fitting a slip on kit to a standard bike. nobodys going to leave those small bits laying around the shed/workshop when you have the perfect storage solution right in front of you. I can see Devils yam doing that he would of known the demand and value of these excellent kits ...

Will see if i can download the correct instructions and add them to the slip on kit...

Back on sale now as iam confident that this is a slip on kit...Open to offers and with the weather getting a bit warmer now i can deliver in person on the mighty thou  :D

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 February 2023, 04:07:06 pm »
Hi TEECEE. Thanks for going to the trouble of searching through Mikes posts. Should of thought of that myself  :rolleyes ...Jets are clearly marked as 122.5 so a slip on kit. sadly not what you want but thanks for you interest and help  :thumbup .

Hi SkidT...Think you may have solved the mystery. Thats excatly what most people would do when upgrading or indeed fitting a slip on kit to a standard bike. nobodys going to leave those small bits laying around the shed/workshop when you have the perfect storage solution right in front of you. I can see Devils yam doing that he would of known the demand and value of these excellent kits ...

Will see if i can download the correct instructions and add them to the slip on kit...

Back on sale now as iam confident that this is a slip on kit...Open to offers and with the weather getting a bit warmer now i can deliver in person on the mighty thou  :D

Only just seen this thread, sorry lads.

I did a total of three Ivan's installations over the years for Luke on his various bikes.  Well, works of art ... :)

That Slip-On kit will be the first one I did for him in 2003 on his original Fazer.  That was the one he later added NOS to and the big bore kit.  I think I converted that one to a Full Monty after he removed the NOS bottle.  What I thought hilarious was he was still on stock suspension at the time and this was when Luke was still a chunky chap ;)  Cracking the throttle wide open in the lower gears must have been hugely entertaining  :rollin

Lovely fella, genius with his mods and still very much missed.