Date: 01-05-24  Time: 19:29 pm

Author Topic: Stubby levers problem  (Read 1696 times)

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Stubby levers problem
« on: 20 July 2015, 03:39:29 pm »
Looking for some advice chaps, after having my fazer 600 for 6 months now and got it running well I decided to start on the cosmetic side of things. I bought some of the Chinese stubby levers which are great quality, however the clutch side doesn't fit, gave the fella all the correct details so I'm left with two conclusions, he's sent the wrong one or my bike has a clutch lever from a different year/model. I've attached a pic and was hoping someone could tell me one way or tuther. Thanks in advance for any help. Andrew.
Red Fazers, making good roads great roads.

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: Stubby levers problem
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2015, 03:43:07 pm »
Sorry, should of added the new lever is too wide to fit into the pivot point of the clutch lever assembly, also another pic

Alexander

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2015, 03:51:48 pm »
I have the same stubbys and mine fit. Il measure and let you know

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2015, 04:07:41 pm »
Cheers Alexander, I've mailed the company but no reply as yet. Frustrating as the brake went on in 5 mins and looks great, starting to suspect my bike has a clutch lever assembly from either a earlier or later model :(

Fraser

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2015, 05:09:06 pm »
hate to disappoint but I think he's sent you the wrong lever,  I've just checked my spare standard clutch lever and it looks just like yours.
Old enough to know better

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2015, 05:21:58 pm »
Thanks, if it's the wrong one he'll see that from the pics I've sent, they seem dead keen on customer service so I should get a new un free of charge. Thanks again for the opinions, anyone else please add, give me son ammo.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2015, 07:25:34 pm »
I can't give you any more ammo, but the thing I was going to say is, you have to give them a reasonable time to reply to your email about your situation. They may well be on the case already but as yet still to reply to you due to translation and the like.
Just my two pence worth :)
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2015, 08:03:23 pm »
Yes cheers Sinto, it did say to give them a full working day to reply, just thought I'd try and investigate it before any exchange of mails started. Hopefully it will be straight forward, guess it's the pitfalls of buying off the bay from the other side of the world  :lol

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2015, 08:06:47 pm »
Yes cheers Sinto, it did say to give them a full working day to reply, just thought I'd try and investigate it before any exchange of mails started. Hopefully it will be straight forward, guess it's the pitfalls of buying off the bay from the other side of the world  :lol
Lots of guys on here have done so without any issues including myself, and as far as I know, if they did have to get in touch with supplier etc it got sorted easy enough, just annoying when you have your bike stripped to take a certain part, you can't just run round to Halfords and the likes to change it. But I'm sure it'll be good in the end :)
From the pics of yours, they look really cool, would go well with my red bike me thinks :)
« Last Edit: 20 July 2015, 08:07:59 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

AJM

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2015, 08:16:32 pm »
Aye I bought them following all the good feedback on the forum, they do look and feel really good....and my bike will look much better when both sides match  :rollin