Date: 18-05-24  Time: 19:51 pm

Author Topic: 2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.  (Read 12937 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.
« on: 26 June 2014, 05:35:04 pm »

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes ..........ok i know i know.......but i took the punt.....but the bike is not for me.......it is with sadness that i'm on a whim deciding to sell it........if it sells then thats my biking year finished which i'm sad about but i just think there's a much better chance of me selling it now rather than at the start of winter.

I have my reasons & i'm happy to discuss them on here as a conclusion to my endless what bike should i get saga.

Most will know that i only bought the bike a couple months ago for £3500.......which was a good price......by virtue of Deks bike selling so low & the other competition plus the fact i feel i've had £500 worth of fun from it , i scraped the belly pan overcooking it on a corner & i've added a few thousand miles then the price is £3000.00 earth pounds.....no offers please....if i cant get 3k then i will learn to live with the bike & do some serious fettling to get it just right for me.

Here is the original sellers spec list but please note that the mileage was higher than advertised & is now at 35k.......there is no tom tom plus i dont have the original bits.

Bike is located in South West Wales.

Usual sales jargon applies....ie no test rides without full price in cash in hand first.

I am looking at selling but cant be bothered taking all the bits off i have put on over the years, the main reason being i know longer have a garage and store the bike which isn't getting out and being used, anyway here is the details as i can best remember, testing the water see if i am pitching at the right price

Thoughts 

FZ1 2008

28000 miles on the clock
Feb 2015 MOT & Tax
full front to back service incl new brake pads & fork oil / seals changed in Feb less than 100 miles since
valves checked at 25000 miles
oil & filter every 3000 miles
Renthal chain & Sprocket 1000 miles ago
new RP3`s less than a 100 miles on them
side facing tyre valves (probably cheapest but best mod on the bike)
Gel seat
wavey discs front & back
braided hoses
AGV leavers
touring screen with adjustable wind deflector
charger for phone etc
belly pan (the best one)
pillion seat cowel (the best one)
Akrapovic exhaust
Ivans fuel jet fitted
Nitron rear shock
heated grips
gear indicator
intergated rear light cluster
tail tidy
R&G crash bungs
R&G chain guard
R&G radiator cover
Gilles rearsets
carbon tank insert
carbon radiator sides
TomTom European sat nav fitted
all the standard bits from above replaced

£3500
Unquote

it seems i was also duped about the tax which turned out to be for a Honda so i've just bought 6 months tax which expires 30/11/14......thankfully the bike is legit as i did a text check prior purchase.

What else can i add.......there are a few age/mileage related marks here & there which weren't advertised but i feel should be.......the fuel filler lip was a little rusty so i kurusted it & wipe it with an oily rag......there's a few snipped/taped up wires from the left hand controls...previous owner says from the tom tom which was removed.....i have my doubts about that but to be fair the bike runs flawlessly so i cant see them being an issue.....perhaps further investigation will find that they are snipped as part of a mod with the exup valve or something....i really dont know....any thou guys know about this????

I just did 2000 miles on it on my Scotland trip......it was flawless mechanically and it is a very quick bike, it looks lovely and sounds mean, the oil is still spotless clean through the sight glass.....for an old bike it is a head turner still......it is not perfect....i wont claim that....but for 3k it is a bit of cheap fun & perhaps some more of you 600 boys want to give it a try like i did.

My main reason for sale is this..........i have no more fun on it than on my 600......yes I've edged the tyres and scraped the belly pan & so i must be shifting...but i'm scaring myself shitless in the process & i really dont think i'm  ready for it.....I'm glad i tried & it has been an experience.....but id rather feel quick on a smaller bike even if i'm actually going slower..........ill be looking at something low capacity and naked.....possibly an MT07......but that will be next year.

Anyway here's a couple pics.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.
« Reply #1 on: 26 June 2014, 05:38:37 pm »
It's a Damn shame your selling it Noggy, but I know what you mean about scaring yourself shitless on it! And that's a pretty cheap price for a lot of bike!!!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2014, 05:50:26 pm »
Can I swear.... I really want to... Do ya think i shud?... But will they hate me?.... I'm in two minds... (Hold back pete... U know u can)...but I can't ... Oh... Oh well then....
U CUNT!!!!!!! DONT FUKIN SELL IT!!!!! Lol

BRILLIANT BIKE..... WICKED MODS.... AWESOME PRICE.....

R U FUKIN MAD!!!!!!!!

Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2014, 06:08:27 pm »
Oi....i aint even Welsh.......I'm a ferengi :lol

What really got me was that i was following my dad on his FZ6 through some of Scotlands finest roads....he knows the roads, i dont..plus he has lots of experience......overtakes & swooping open corners i had the edge & would close on him but when it came to blind corners or ones that tightened up mid corner he had the edge & there's no way i could have gone any faster....so for my limits i dont need 1000cc.

Ok so i reckon my dad was goin flat out but he's a knob & reckons he wasn't.....foccin show off.....but still he was on a bog standard FZ6...hardly state of the art although they do have sharp handling.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2014, 06:31:12 pm »
Yep...yep...yep.....told you not to break the nogfighter  :rolleyes.......I know what you mean about having more fun with the 6  :D

its nice having the extra horses but do you really need them.since I got my 6 back on the road the thou has hardly been out.....ive said it before and I'll say it again........the 600 is a better bike than the thou......unless you do shed loads of touring...
One, is never going to be enough.....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 June 2014, 06:41:11 pm »

What a pickle i manage to get myself into though...all because of a poxy crash last year which started the events......now im fully committed to stripping the noggyfighter & if i sell the thou ill be totally bikeless.......plus the sale of my bike trailer when i get round to it.......but ill manage to get a decent pot of money together for something new.

I had to scratch the itch...itch now scratched.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 June 2014, 06:56:50 pm »
Dont miss out on the rest of the summer mr nogg...get another 600 boxeye.....loads on ebay  .....

Oh....ive just had an excellent idea....why dont you start a "which bike thread "    :rollin  :rollin :rollin

thunderpantz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 June 2014, 07:08:28 pm »
Holy ****, I love the look of this bike! Fancy a part ex lmao  :'(

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 June 2014, 07:11:36 pm »
Dont miss out on the rest of the summer mr nogg...get another 600 boxeye.....loads on ebay  .....

Oh....ive just had an excellent idea....why dont you start a "which bike thread "    :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lol

Ill spare yous that pain i think......MT07......that's my future.....nice & simple.....new, economical, comfortable, cheap...fast enough.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 June 2014, 07:12:53 pm »

When you come to get your Renthals just sneak out an extra 3k.....go on :)

thunderpantz

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 26 June 2014, 07:14:17 pm »

When you come to get your Renthals just sneak out an extra 3k.....go on :)

If only I had the cash...

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 26 June 2014, 07:20:48 pm »
Feck me, the Lazy Lob is for sale  :eek .

Off to count my pennies.......on the seat of my 600 BOXEYE which may have to make way  :lol
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 26 June 2014, 07:30:57 pm »
I'm sure THAT bike at THAT price will cause many a purse to rattle tonight.... I reckon it'll be gone by sunday... Now then.... Can u mod the tank on an MT-07?
Just flapping about on this stagnant little pond on the outer rim of the internet.....yup....  :-))

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 June 2014, 07:36:04 pm »
I'm sure THAT bike at THAT price will cause many a purse to rattle tonight.... I reckon it'll be gone by sunday... Now then.... Can u mod the tank on an MT-07?

Ive thought of a good mod already.......a plastic fuel can bungeed to the back seat.....yeh you're right...range will be an issue....but im never usually too far from a petrol station and ive been worrying at 130 miles on the Gen2.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 June 2014, 07:56:04 pm »
Yep...yep...yep.....told you not to break the nogfighter  :rolleyes.......I know what you mean about having more fun with the 6  :D

its nice having the extra horses but do you really need them.since I got my 6 back on the road the thou has hardly been out.....ive said it before and I'll say it again........the 600 is a better bike than the thou......unless you do shed loads of touring...

or keep the thou in the first 3 gears :), I know what you mean though, bit like the old two stroke days ,thrashing the bollocks of them, the sound makes it all
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 26 June 2014, 08:26:02 pm »
Blimey, I thought an FZ1 of that year, mileage & cond. is worth atleast 4k and thats without all the accessories.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 June 2014, 08:32:36 pm »
Blimey, I thought an FZ1 of that year, mileage & cond. is worth atleast 4k and thats without all the accessories.

You would have thought so....however recent prices have dictated otherwise.....most of these models are now cheap second hand bargains considering their 10k price as new......I've priced it to sell with minimal hassle, any lower & id rather keep it i think.....i wont deny that there are some more original bikes with lower miles and no extras...these are the bikes some people prefer to go for and then mod them....but at what price......this bike doesn't really need any mods so long as it is to a buyers taste.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 June 2014, 08:49:27 pm »
Ah yes...the good old days......bought a brand new suzuki gt 250 x7 in 1980 ish did over 10,000 in one year and every day it saw the red line......oh to be young again   :rolleyes

Exupnut

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
2008 FZ1S for sale.£3k.
« Reply #18 on: 26 June 2014, 09:31:40 pm »
Fraser.... Ur off ur flippin ead mate... Yes the bike is blisterin.. And ur not used to it yet but neither am i with my genny 1.... Although I've ridden 6's for 20 odd years I'm still gettin to grips with this bike and it still has the better of me in many areas but that's the challenge.   As u get better and ur skills improve i will bet u a sheeps bollock that if u sell it ..., 2 or 3 years down the line u will wish u hadn't.  DefK sold u a fantastic bike for low dollar and u were lucky to get it. Break the 6 and keep the fz1 over winter and ride the bloody thing and u will get what its about. If u still dont like it u can flog it beginning summer next year and still get at least 3k and not be outta pocket and have a bike all the way thru.
D'YA GET ME DRIFT??

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 June 2014, 09:44:21 pm »
Wrong bike exup...i didnt buy deks bike mate...it just looks similar.

I do think you're right in some respects...a bit more fiddling and more practice and maybe even a couple bits n bobs and it "could" be right for me......if it doesn't sell then that's what ill hope for.

As a day bike it is good, not for touring on though....and part of the problem is me, not the bike such as on my local track just outside my street it feels shit hot because i know the corners well.....then it shines and flies like a seagull with a rocket up its arse.

But on roads that i dont know and especially blind left handers i am bottling it on this big bike because it needs imo to be commited to the corner early on and any half arsed dilly dallying is seeing me run wide towards the centre line....ok so maybe im being unfair to myself but i think on my 600 i can adjust mid corner much easier.......so the big boys bike is showing me up for the amateur that i am.......gimme a corner i can see through & ive no issue with banking it over and get a corner right on the thou and it is orgasmic.

mark

• DAS Born Again
  • do 1 thing a day that scares you
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - fzs 600 & triumph tiger 885i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 June 2014, 09:46:34 pm »
Wanna swap for a broken box eye lol :eek lol it's fresh broke not old broke  :lol

Oh well worth a try  :rollin

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 June 2014, 10:36:51 pm »
Awww noggy don't do it! (BTW, I got your email, but I've not had chance to reply due to Nightshift giving me a whipping lol).

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 June 2014, 11:15:35 pm »

Cheers Mick.....well to be fair no interest so far so i might have to keep it....would hardly be a bad thing though & i can always trade it in minus the extras next year if i still fancy something else. & after a summer of getting to know it better.

An eagle eyed foccer has now informed me that the exhaust probably aint an Akra but more likely a scorpion with a sticker.....why the foc folk do that eh.....the sticker not the informing.......still sounds the biz Akra or not.......but a good bit of foc wisdom all the same.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 27 June 2014, 01:01:08 am »
Noggy..your obviously a lovely genuine bloke, and you've gone out if your way to give a brutally honest appraisal of the bike and your reasons for selling and how much. If I didn't have money tied up in my Zthou project I'd have it just fir the bits for mine. I wish you all the best for the sale, and I'm really sorry you didn't gel with it.
At that money though, surely your best just to keep it and not lose out on the rest of the years biking..you'd deffo get 3k early spring next year at the start of the season, and not only will there be s/ hand nearly new mt09s about but demand for new ones will have died down so you'll get a better deal if that's the way you wanna roll. It makes sense mate, it really does...

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 27 June 2014, 07:25:31 am »
Luv the bit on the Honda tax disc lol
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)