Date: 01-05-24  Time: 16:35 pm

Author Topic: Have now ordered and paid for my...  (Read 11453 times)

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Have now ordered and paid for my...
« on: 18 January 2012, 12:07:29 pm »

:D   the one and only "Multi gauge of Ultimate Coolness"...

Christian now has some in stock again

Can't wait... !!  8)

Silverdream

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Have now ordered and paid for my...
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2012, 03:31:12 pm »
What is this guage of which you speak?
Who is this religeous person who sells things in a meat based reduction?

Minty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - TTR-250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2012, 09:21:11 pm »
It's a multi gauge that replaces the fuel gauge with a lcd panel for fuel gauge, gear change indicator and some other bits. It's made by Christian in germany. I have got his email somewhere if interested.

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 January 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
It's a multi gauge that replaces the fuel gauge with a lcd panel for fuel gauge, gear change indicator and some other bits. It's made by Christian in germany. I have got his email somewhere if interested.

As Minty quite rightl says... does everything..

Fuel gauge
Battery voltmeter
Gear indicator
ambient temperature
coolant temp (above 40 degs C)
drag mode...  :lol ... counts down from 5 then you go on zero.. gives you yr reaction time and time to 100 kph an 200 kph
attach a standard GPS device and get direction, co-ordinates, altitude

OMG loads of things  .. check this page out of all the displayed info... 30 different screens
You can choose 4 preferred ones and use those off the Reset button on the cluster

Look at page 3 of 11 for the screens.... and page 5 for "Dragmode"  :lol

http://cvieth.bplaced.net/MultiGauge%20User%20Guide%20SW%2080x.pdf

and so much more...

a must have for every Gen 1....

Pat

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19 January 2012, 12:58:51 am »
I have a couple of questions:

1. Where do I order one from?

2. How much?

:)

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 January 2012, 11:01:02 am »

Hi Pat... PM me for all the details...

He want paying in Euros which is good for us at the moment..  :D ...

Price depends on what style facia you want and what colour etc...

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2012, 10:33:51 pm »
Looks like a barrel of laughs to fit, I'm presuming you have fit various different sensors around the bike and route the wiring thru to the clocks. Can't be easy, can it?

dekker555

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2012, 10:44:45 pm »
Yea but HOW MUCH?

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 January 2012, 11:15:17 am »
Looks like a barrel of laughs to fit, I'm presuming you have fit various different sensors around the bike and route the wiring thru to the clocks. Can't be easy, can it?

No, quite simple in fact.  The Multigauge takes its information from data that is already going to the clocks through the standard wiring.  No additional sensors required.

There's a bit of soldering to be done to connect the Multigauge wires to the instrument gauge board but nothing to panic over. :)

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 January 2012, 07:07:42 pm »

LOL.... no ... as Falcon has stated... a simple bit of soldering onto the back of the clocks from points which are already receiving the information....the guage just displays it for you to see...

Read here...

http://cvieth.bplaced.net/Multi%20gauge%20V8%20installation.pdf

Nice and simple...

Silverdream

BMCfaz

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 January 2012, 07:45:42 pm »

No, quite simple in fact.  The Multigauge takes its information from data that is already going to the clocks through the standard wiring.  No additional sensors required.

There's a bit of soldering to be done to connect the Multigauge wires to the instrument gauge board but nothing to panic over. :)
Quite simple for you, Mike! Once you've Ivanised every Fazer in Europe, you can start fitting these for the electrically inept!  :)

1967fazer

• Club Racer
  • Its not a Rossi rep!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25 January 2012, 12:17:39 am »
Hmmm interesting! Fairly easy to fit you say? Might have to look into one of these, as they look rather handy. How much?

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 January 2012, 07:59:07 am »

Quite simple for you, Mike! Once you've Ivanised every Fazer in Europe, you can start fitting these for the electrically inept!  :)

Ah, but when it comes to electrical stuff, I am part of the inept usually.   So, if I can do it that's got to be a good sign, right? ;)

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 25 January 2012, 08:02:14 pm »

Well it arrived  ... wah hoo.. "The Gauge of Ultimate Coolness" .. only a couple of days after i paid for it .. very well packaged and I had to sign for it..  Well done Christian.

Im not going to do a full write up as Pat wonderful site has an excellent one and there are a few others on FZ10A and FZ1 International sites and Christians own instruction are so clear and concise..  however.

I am not an electrical engineer however i have soldered larger wires etc.. never on a PCB.. i have a rudimentary knowledge of things mechanical and electrical and can turn my hand to most jobs... however i must say i found this job a particulary easy DIY and anyone with a steady hand could do it... just read up on all the info across all the sites and take it slow and steady...

Well.. here we go... side panels out.. 6 screws... screen off 8 screws ... clocks off 3 M10 nuts (easily reached)... big mutliplug off..
Clocks into kitchen.. tools laid out.. soldering iron.. wire clippers/strippers and screwdriver.. junior hacksaw
Back off clocks 7 screws.. wiggle clocks out..
Fuel gauge off.. 3 screws.. pop orange fuel light cover out.. hacksaw off 10mm of post...
Feed through wires... screw on new multigauge with screws provided..
Clip wires to length... strip ends... locate soldering points... and (very daunting) ... solder wires to easily located points..
Re-assembly is the reverse of the above... on bike and test...

The whole process in less than 1 and half hours.. probably quicker except for making a cuppa and collecting the nippers from school..

So "what do i think?" ..well.... It is BLOODY awesome.. once you get through all the menus... set your fav 4 screens from over 30 of them.. (very easy to do).. and actually look at what this gauge can do..

I was going to buy a Digi Gear indicator (£80).. try and rig up a temp gauge etc.. (circa £50)

To buy this (from around £120) already done and to have it fit in the original clocks... and act as a :-

Gear indicator - very handy
You set the light to flash at certain RPM and stay on at higher RPM's .. A shift light ..!! -very handy
Drag mode.. well if you want to play.. counts down from 5 secs and then records your reaction time and time to 100kph and 200 kph
One of the screens you can set displays (when you stop) your max RPM and max speed (mph or kph)
Also displays a power curve??
basic info of Coolant Temperature ( Celcius or F..).. ambient air temp... battery voltage output.. fuel gauge (you set the light to come on at any level of low that you want, i went for 4 litres)

An loads more that i have not looked into yet...

There is no question ... if you have a GEN 1 and you need any of the above info then you must have this... I am impressed to say the least...

THANK YOU CHRISTIAN..

A few pics of install..

tomlinscote

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 25 January 2012, 09:10:35 pm »
OMG what a very cool device, where can I get in touch with the guy who does these????
P

Fazer 1000

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

phil on a fazer

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 26 January 2012, 08:19:39 am »
I've always wanted one of this but would be to scared to fit it.....me and wires don't mix.

but reading this thread it sounds like is just plug and play....well, solder and play. maybe i could do it?  :rolleyes

You say it gets information already going to the clocks.....gear position? air temp? How and why does the clocks already receive that info?

tomlinscote

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 26 January 2012, 04:31:27 pm »
Sorry to be a dunce or sound like a xenophobe but does Christian speak English i.e. if I email him some questions (price availability etc) using cvieth@arcor.de will he understand me???
P

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 26 January 2012, 04:51:50 pm »

Yes.. Christian speaks/types very good English..

Yes ... just solder and play.. i was quite intimidated by the job .. but once i got into it... it became easy and i wondered why i had worried..

Just email him on cvieth@arcor.de....

You will not regret it...

Silverdream..

Ghoti

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Triumph Speed4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 January 2012, 04:59:44 pm »
You say it gets information already going to the clocks.....gear position? air temp? How and why does the clocks already receive that info?

From Christian's website (http://cvieth.bplaced.net/ganganzeige_summary.html)

Gear: The currently selected drive gear, including Neutral. 
The current gear is being calculated from the ratio of the two signals for RPM and speed, both taken from the stock dash. These two frequencies have a characteristic relation, which allows for an interpretation of the selected gear.

Air temp: The current ambient air temperature. Provided by an extra sensor that comes with the gauge.

Stop watch: Start/stop or laptime for use on race tracks, controlled by a (extra) button at the handlebar.

dekker555

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 26 January 2012, 07:59:48 pm »
Yea but who pilots the bike while you watch this gauge performing? I'll get me coat!

GecHo

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 26 January 2012, 08:02:08 pm »
hi soon as i can scrape the cash together i will defo be buying one, looked at these when i first got my fazer but read they wasnt available. if anyone out there is faded, scared, shitting there selves at fitting due to soldering give me a pm i would be happy to install or help with the soldering side as im above average when it comes to soldering. im in the north west not far from wigan so drop me a pm if i can help

Minty

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - TTR-250
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 January 2012, 04:22:40 pm »
Fitted and working, absolutely brilliant Christian. Anyone looking for a gear change indicator, spend a bit more on the multi-gauge and get so much more with this.

Silverdream

• Weekend Warrior
  • Live it - Ride it..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 January 2012, 06:08:51 pm »

:D  Nice one Minty...  they are awesome arn't they...  :lol

tommyteeman

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Husqvarna 701 sm
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28 January 2012, 06:36:42 pm »
i remember mailing christian about 18 months ago and he was having trouble getting the time to knock these up. Looks like hes back ! time to get me one :) great bit of kit.