Date: 19-05-24  Time: 15:12 pm

Author Topic: Meta Alarm  (Read 677 times)

Keef1951

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - vfr vtec 800
    • View Profile
Meta Alarm
« on: 20 January 2014, 03:06:49 pm »
l have to apologise at the outset - I dont own a fazer - VFR Im afraid.  I came upon your Fazer community whilst searching for a fix for the notorious Meat Alarm. I read several articles here iand thought I was sorted but sadly no,and now I am asking if anyone has any ideas.

The problem - battery in the alarm is dead and its impossible to start the bike. A very common issue with Meta alarms - mine is an M357. I aimed to bridge the connections and have both the guide and pic that is on your sight and also nicked a copy of the pin out. Having tried to bridge as described the bike will turnover but will not fire. In fact if i go by the pin out and the pic - it turns over but the hazard warning lights come on when I tested the indicator. If I remove the jumper on pins 1 and 2 and just use the jumper on pins 3 and 4 - the bike turns over and the indicators behave themselves. My suspicion is that I need to bridge elsewhere on the block to allow the bike to fire up but which two I dont know.

If anyone has any guidance or fix that would be great. Again sorry to "abuse" your forum

Cheers Keith

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Re: Meta Alarm
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2014, 09:12:48 pm »
Had this problem, apparently pretty common for this to happen after around 10 years. However rather than trying to bridge the pins, I just got a replacement control unit and swapped it in like for like. £135, which although not cheap, was a damned sight cheaper than the £200 I was quoted for a professional to do the 30 min job. Here's my write up: http://www.beginnerbiker.com/2013/07/fixed-broken-meta-m357t-v2-alarm/

Others on here did post some links to bridging the alarm however. Try a quick search on here for some of my earlier posts for help on this problem.