Date: 01-05-24  Time: 08:03 am

Author Topic: newbe question time  (Read 1249 times)

caretaker62

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
newbe question time
« on: 08 April 2014, 09:38:36 pm »
hi folks as i said new to forum love it , here we go fzs 11,000 miles 2001,bike on stand 1st gear chain seems to jump about a bite is this the norm .tookof sprocket cover sprocket and shaft fine.old nut do i need to replace and if i do will a yamaha dealer do it .the gasket was shot do i need to replace if so whats it calledand can someone recommed a good spray cleaner for removing old thick sticky oil bike needs good clean im afussy git thanks again all your stars

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: newbe question time
« Reply #1 on: 08 April 2014, 09:54:28 pm »

Totally normal..to jump when on the stand.

Sorry i just said the same on your other post
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 April 2014, 09:56:39 pm »
Normal jump - think of it like the bike saying COME ON THEN!!!!
Parifin cheepest and does the job
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 April 2014, 09:57:49 pm »
There's no weight load so the momentum of the wheel is trying to overtake the chain but obviously can't, that's what causes the jumping motion, but it's totally normal and nothing to worry about.
Don't worry about the sprocket cover gasket, it's all rather pointless in my opinion, although you can use silicone or similar if you want but i wouldn't bother.

I've noticed you've asked the same question a couple of times in different posts, it's easier to just ask in one post so we're not all doubling up with replies.  :)
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 April 2014, 10:02:04 pm »

& yes yamaha would change the nut...but you'll prob have to pay for it....but it doesnt cost much.....think you also asked this already?....whether you need to change it is up to you......but i would change it....& is the low price worth the worry if you dont change it and always worrying if it has just come off.

I used wd40 & a toothbrush to clean my chain....& wd40 & old t shirts to clean out inside the sprocket cover gunge.

caretaker62

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 April 2014, 11:23:09 pm »
sorry about the double post first time on a forum and im not very good on computers ,my kids say im a pain ,but im learning fast thanks for all the wonderful answers ,i no ill have loads more to ask, this forum is is fantastic ct62

& yes yamaha would change the nut...but you'll prob have to pay for it....but it doesnt cost much.....think you also asked this already?....whether you need to change it is up to you......but i would change it....& is the low price worth the worry if you dont change it and always worrying if it has just come off.

I used wd40 & a toothbrush to clean my chain....& wd40 & old t shirts to clean out inside the sprocket cover gunge.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 April 2014, 11:31:51 pm »

Enjoy buddy

Everyone does these things...it's tricky trying to learn where everything is.

Along the top are a load of buttons (under the fazer pic)....one of them is "search"...if you get one of the techy kids to keep you on track whilst trying it out then you click on it.....then type in anything to the box......for example.........type in........"speedo sensor 600"...... Click "search" again & it will list all of the different times that anyone has used those words......quite handy although sometimes it takes a while because so much has been said about that subject & you have to go through them all.

For example...ive said it's tricky at the start of this....if you do a search on "tricky" it will prob throw up a few results....i think....surely.....im gonna have to try that now. :lol .

Edit...just tried it and this post comes up as number 6.
« Last Edit: 08 April 2014, 11:33:24 pm by noggythenog »

caretaker62

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 April 2014, 11:48:09 pm »
thanks for the info if i have any more questions do i just add them in at bottom of my post or is it new topic thanks again ct62

Enjoy buddy

Everyone does these things...it's tricky trying to learn where everything is.

Along the top are a load of buttons (under the fazer pic)....one of them is "search"...if you get one of the techy kids to keep you on track whilst trying it out then you click on it.....then type in anything to the box......for example.........type in........"speedo sensor 600"...... Click "search" again & it will list all of the different times that anyone has used those words......quite handy although sometimes it takes a while because so much has been said about that subject & you have to go through them all.

For example...ive said it's tricky at the start of this....if you do a search on "tricky" it will prob throw up a few results....i think....surely.....im gonna have to try that now. :lol .

Edit...just tried it and this post comes up as number 6.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 April 2014, 11:58:57 pm »

Ye that's it

You go back into the 600 forum (if a 600 only question)

Type name of your new topic ie......why are silver bikes so fast?

Insert some shpeel..ie seeing how so slow blue bikes are has made me realise how fast silver bikes are, any fixes? :b

& post

Theres a general forum for general bike stuff...although anything seems to go including politics sadly.

& there's a meets section where you can either organise or join in on bike meets and rideouts in your area.

You'll soon be flying around. 8)