Date: 28-04-24  Time: 14:23 pm

Author Topic: Using Harpic 10x (Hydrochloric acid based) to clean downpipes...  (Read 2691 times)

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Using Harpic 10x (Hydrochloric acid based) to clean downpipes...
« Reply #25 on: 18 April 2020, 06:46:09 pm »
Your grass needs cutting  :lol

Your right but I missed the last brown bin collection so I have nowhere to put the cuttings till next week 😅

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/a19550487/dont-mow-your-lawn-and-help-save-the-bees/

Funny you should say that as I only do it around once a month anyway (it was last done the first week of lockdown) and I regularly have honey bees in my back yard.
Seen quite a lot already this year but really noticed more of the hoverflys recently. Must have 6 or 7 hovering about my garden at any one time 🤔

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18 April 2020, 10:33:10 pm »
Your grass needs cutting  :lol

Your right but I missed the last brown bin collection so I have nowhere to put the cuttings till next week 😅

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/animals/a19550487/dont-mow-your-lawn-and-help-save-the-bees/

Funny you should say that as I only do it around once a month anyway (it was last done the first week of lockdown) and I regularly have honey bees in my back yard.
Seen quite a lot already this year but really noticed more of the hoverflys recently. Must have 6 or 7 hovering about my garden at any one time 🤔
yes hoverflys, they are normal here at sharp hall but I too have noticed them more, and massive blimp size bumble bees.
The planes are not spraying the climate chems into sky now
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #27 on: 18 April 2020, 11:13:16 pm »
So did you manage to complete the experiment Graham?
I'm rather interested in the results as I removed my headers the other day so now have the opportunity to give then a proper clean.
Would be nice to get them as close to 'new' looking as possible

I haven't even had time to start it yet!

Seriously, I've been busy with work stuff (making product, plus creating "virtual market stall" videos etc), that I've not even had a chance to start cleaning the pipes, let alone waiting to see if they corrode...

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 April 2020, 06:39:53 pm »
I used this on the downpipe on a CG125 I had and it worked great,I was that impressed I decided to clean up some pots and pans that we'd had for years,ended up staining the lot,they looked terrible :eek  so great for bike pipes but I'd watch it on some metals. ;)
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.