Date: 28-03-24  Time: 13:35 pm

Author Topic: moving mirrors  (Read 2487 times)

davey-boy

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
moving mirrors
« on: 02 October 2011, 08:55:01 am »
can anyone make a suggestion as to why the mirrors on my foxeye fazer move at will!!!

I have removed them but have no idea if any parts are missing.

They constantly move rearwards.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
Re: moving mirrors
« Reply #1 on: 02 October 2011, 09:12:06 am »
The simple answer:

Artful Dodger - Movin' Too Fast [HQ MV + Lyrics]

(Sorry, couldn't help it, didn't take my pills this morning :)   )
« Last Edit: 02 October 2011, 09:13:20 am by Slaninar »
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Slaninar

• GP Hero
  • Lookin' like a streak of lightnin'
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
    • BikeGremlin
« Reply #2 on: 04 October 2011, 05:53:21 am »
can anyone make a suggestion as to why the mirrors on my foxeye fazer move at will!!!

These work fine on my Fazer:
http://www.louis.de/_3044dca3fc465d56cebd033d6487bbfce3/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&article_context=detail&grwgr=465&wgr=404&list_total=24&anzeige=0&page=0&artnr_gr=10028310
Most things done in a hurry need to be done again - patiently.

Janet

• DAS Born Again
  • Mad woman
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
    • Torque Monsters Home Page
« Reply #3 on: 04 October 2011, 02:46:22 pm »

I had a similar problem with the right hand mirror on my 2010 FZ1-N. If I went particularly fast the mirror head moved so that the mirror became useless (it was definitely moving at the mirror head joint, not further down). I raised it at 600 service and they tightened everything that they could, but it got slowly worse. I've just had the whole mirror replaced under warranty - my dealers were quite amenable to putting a claim through. It is fixed now, though I've noticed that they've set the mirror stem at such an angle as to "discourage" it from moving anyway. I wonder if that means that it's not the first time that they've seen this particular problem.

Actualy I've just realised that, I think, yours is an older bike and will be out of warranty. However, depending on where it's moving, it should be possible to set the stem angle so that the mirror can't move in the direction it's tending to (assuming that it's the mirror head, like on my bike, with a ball and socket type joint). Just set the stem a bit further forward than you normally would so that the ball and socket is right against the end of its range of adjustment.
« Last Edit: 04 October 2011, 02:55:37 pm by Janet »

oldmotherfoccer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
    • WWW.FATMAGGOT.COM
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2011, 08:16:31 pm »
From Deefer................You will probably find that a previous owner used to fold the mirrors in or forward to get the bike into a confined space I.E. shed door, etc. If you do this then the joint on the mirrors loosens and wont stay still at speeds and tend to sag backwards. The joint (under the rubber bit) is a pressed joint and you could remove the mirrors and try to re-clamp that joint in a vice, Or drill the joint out and replace it with a nut and bolt, Or just buy new mirrors
Fat Maggot Clothing Company - remember FOCU15 to claim your foccers discount