Date: 19-05-24  Time: 01:44 am

Author Topic: My Fazer is feeling very very wrong. HELP!! :-(  (Read 9193 times)

HarryHornby

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: My Fazer is feeling very very wrong. HELP!! :-(
« Reply #25 on: 19 January 2012, 12:03:33 pm »
re tools for spark plugs, the Fazer tool kit, located under the seat, behind the rubber cover towards the rear lights, (if that makes sense) has a plug spanner, I've used it twice now and it does a fine job.

Just be careful not to cross thread them when you put them back in oh and TOP TIP, get an air duster and blow all the dirt and crap from the area around each plug BEFORE you remove them otherwise it will drop into the space vacated by the plug after you've removed it.

Maybe get a haynes manual, very useful for doing DIY on the bike.  I'm no mechanic, I know my limits, which is about 3 spanners in Haynes world, that more than covers the basics such as spark plugs, checking air filter etc.

Also worth considering getting a manometer for balancing your carbs, another easy job, there are some great instructions on this site that I followed with no problems.  Balanced carbs will help the bike run smoother.

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,91.msg340.html#msg340
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it buys beer, and that helps!

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 January 2012, 09:34:53 pm »
Alas, I don't have the tool kit as part of my bike. :-(

In the end I have taken it to the garage and they are gonna have a look.

Lumpy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Blackbird XX-W, XS1100E
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 January 2012, 10:39:45 am »
On my old carbs (with completely blocked carb heaters) I got carb icing in the temperatures we had at the start of this week...
this was my thought. If it is shut off and left for half a minute does it run properly again?

Skinbeatersam

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki ZZR 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 February 2012, 11:28:20 pm »
I got the problem fixed, and was fine, but the problem has resurfaced. I asked them to have another look, and there are quite a lot of problems.

Broken pipes (the ones that go from the carbs to wherever) replaced
Water in the petrol tank (wtf!!!!???)
Carbs balancing and cleaned
New tires being fitted,
Front wheel re-aligned,
Brakes unseized,

I guess this is why the guy was selling it for £1000 with only 20k miles.

The whole thing will still cost me less than £2k so I think I am quids in. . . . . . . :eek :D :lol

kangastu

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11 March 2012, 10:27:05 am »
The Spark plugs for the 98 fazer are Cr9e and I think this stays the same upto 2002 fazers!

Spark plugs for my 98 fzs600 are NGK CR8E - just got them today.
Somone better that me may say otherwise but would a blocked air filter cause these problems not enough air = too much fuel does it not
Have a look at my thread about not starting as somone said some interesting stuff about the choke - it may help http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,1402.0.html

Oxygen

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 11 March 2012, 08:35:27 pm »
The Spark plugs for the 98 fazer are Cr9e and I think this stays the same upto 2002 fazers!

Spark plugs for my 98 fzs600 are NGK CR8E - just got them today.
Somone better that me may say otherwise but would a blocked air filter cause these problems not enough air = too much fuel does it not
Have a look at my thread about not starting as somone said some interesting stuff about the choke - it may help http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,1402.0.html

I think you can use both although the NGK site says the CR8E