Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:57 pm

Author Topic: Ivan kit installation and quickshifter  (Read 173 times)

Ilyak

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
Ivan kit installation and quickshifter
« on: 21 March 2024, 07:51:44 am »
Hi, new here, thanks for admitting me, got bike at weekend, great bike ticks every box I had for a nimble fun commuter with comfy seating and a bit of fairing.

It did try and kill me yesterday in a Stephen King Christine moment, pulled it outside garage, started it on choke and roller shutter didn’t close properly behind. Tried a few times then went inside and fiddled then big electrical bang door open just to height of exhaust outside by now doing about 3k rpm enthusiastically filling garage, ran around MacGyver like to steal a fuse off something, still couldn’t work it then got trolley jack under door enough to crawl out. First bike I’ve had with carb and choke and no catalyst. Anyway still here, won’t take it personally.

I was looking at Ivan kit. It’s not short of power (and I’m used to a K1300S) but having smoother lower down would be good, particularly for the tedious London revenue zones. Does he still make it. Is it worth getting in US, headed there in a month.how much time and cursing and inadvertently buggering things up with stuck jets etc is involved for someone with above mentioned affinity for Sod’s Law to step in whenever doing a seemingly simple mechanical task.

Is there anyone who will do the job reliably for a reasonable fee - I’m in Kent.

Also thinking of adding a healtech quickshifter. Gearbox is great and can shift smoothly without clutch with just a tiny dip of throttle so thinking perfect for qs, love it on my K1300S. Saw a video of install seems simple. Any thoughts for or against?

Thanks for any input.

Gaz66

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - VFR800 Fi (1999)
    • View Profile
Re: Ivan kit installation and quickshifter
« Reply #1 on: 21 March 2024, 11:56:09 pm »
https://www.google.com/search?q=ivans+peformance&rlz=1CAXGJJ_enGB992&oq=ivans+peformance&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDY5ODBqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Hi.
My advice is service the engine 1st & strip/clean/set up EXUP system before throwing any money at the bike, if Exup's missing or shagged, there's no point going down the Ivans kit route, ensure everything's in spec, valve clearances / new plugs & filters.

Then consider an Ivans kit, best to contact them via Facebook, they'll take your order & payment via Paypal only, last MB kit I bought was around £120 inc vat & shipping to UK.

Do some research on what kit does what first, MB kit is the pricier kit & transforms the bikes fuelling, but involves some carb / airbox / carb mount mods that are beyond many home mechanics, you'll also need a sports silencer, can't comment on cheaper slip-on kit, never used one.

Hope this helps.

[Edited to to fix the tiny font problem: GrahamM - Moderator]
« Last Edit: 22 March 2024, 12:51:46 pm by Grahamm »