Date: 27-04-24  Time: 21:33 pm

Author Topic: How much?  (Read 1542 times)

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
How much?
« on: 08 February 2023, 06:33:29 am »
I think I'm accepting that my Fazer thou, which has sat in the garage for 18 months + waiting for me to get the balls to take it apart and sort it out, isn't going to be fixed, well, by me anyway.

So, maybe it's time to part ways?

the question is, how much is it worth? Only as much as someone will pay obviously, but ballpark?

2002 black Fazer thou in average to good condition, 42k miles, no recent SH as it's been sat in the nice warm garage. Ivans fitted, some extras such as spare exhaust, givi rack.

But, the carbs are blocked, this is the main issue, I don't feel confident enough to take it apart and sort. I'm sure someone will have the get up to do it. The battery needs replacing, heated grips and horn don't work. No MOT and doesn't run at the moment due to the above.

I was thinking about £750-£900? Does this sound reasonable? Or am I way out. It's hard to value. Also, not sure where to advertise it? Fleabay? Gumtree?

Stainy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: How much?
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2023, 09:03:52 am »
I'd bite your hand off at that price if you were nearer. I can't be bothered taking the trailer half way across the UK though  :lol . Great mini project for someone a bit closer. You'll get that money easy. As for where to sell. Facebook is a pain in the arse, but eBay regularly have discount days with 80% ish off their fees (One starting this Friday, but motors might be excluded?)

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2023, 12:56:27 pm »
Where in the UK are you and have you any pics?

Samthemanleathertan

• Cager in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2023, 01:15:24 pm »
Where are you based?

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2023, 06:13:56 pm »
I'm based near Port Talbot, S Wales.

I have got some pics. I'll see if I can work out how to post them up from my Mac. If anyone has whatsapp, I can send them if you PM me your mobile number?

Edit, it looks like I can't take the photos straight from my Mac pics and have to host them elsewhere?
« Last Edit: 08 February 2023, 06:15:36 pm by nordboy »

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2023, 06:23:24 pm »
Not sure if that link worked?

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2023, 07:02:13 pm »
Not sure if that link worked?

Yes it does. Nice clean looking bike.

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 February 2023, 08:42:34 pm »
So I guess I'm still asking the original question?

Roughly how much should I be asking?

botchitleggit

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - tdr250
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2023, 03:29:58 am »
nearer 2k

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09 February 2023, 06:42:54 am »
nearer 2k

I'd take that  :rollin  but it is a non runner so I'm realistic.

Tbh, if anyone threw me in a reasonable offer, I'd probably shift it on. Hence why I'm asking the question as I have no idea what a reasonable offer would be?  :thumbup

bazza

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - triumph bonneville '#03974 t120
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 February 2023, 03:48:21 pm »
Looks quite tidy, I think the mileage is perhaps a little high for good money but if it were me I would put it on ebay classifieds, at £1750 and see what offers you get. Or as an auction sale starting at £1300. In my opinion its worth anywhere between £1300 to £1600. If you were prepared to wait a month or 2 when weather is more favourable you will no doubt get more interest. Good luck

Kenyun

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - z1000r 2xTRX850 CB500X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 February 2023, 09:52:02 pm »
Looks quite tidy, I think the mileage is perhaps a little high for good money but if it were me I would put it on ebay classifieds, at £1750 and see what offers you get. Or as an auction sale starting at £1300. In my opinion its worth anywhere between £1300 to £1600. If you were prepared to wait a month or 2 when weather is more favourable you will no doubt get more interest. Good luck
Possibly, but surely by then most people will want to be riding, not fixing. I certainly would have been interested in November as a potential winter project. It looks in very good overall condition though, a lot better than some of the over priced crap surfacing lately. GLWTS.

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 February 2023, 08:26:27 am »
https://www.flickr.com/photos/194869774@N04/albums/72177720305921400

Thanks for all the comments so far.

Took some better pics, hopefully the link will work.

I think looking to take a grand would be reasonable? I'd be happy with that sort of price as well. I'm looking to buy a scooter for my commute so rather than pay out to get it fixed, i'd use that cash for a deposit on the scooter.

Now in the for sale section.
« Last Edit: 11 February 2023, 08:35:22 am by nordboy »

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 February 2023, 10:19:31 am »
Cleaning the carbs is the easy part, taking them in/out can be a bit of a challenge so thids is how I have dont it in the past - 

• First undue the screws that hold the left and right switchgear to the handbars.
  • Then unclip/remove the choke and 2x throttle cables (they only go on/come off one way to you cant mess it up when putting them back)
  • Then remove battery and use tape/bungees/whate ever to hold the cables up out of the way (for when you move the air box)
  • Then remove  all the bolts (this is important, no bolts will aloow the box more movement) that hold the air box to the frame etc (from ememory its 2x under the side panels and I think 2x more in/around the battery area)
  • Then Loosen all 4x clamaps on the rubber boots between the carbs and the air box, and then move these clamps towards the air box to they hand loosley on the boots)
  • Then slide the air box back as far as it will go (it will go past  and hold is in that position with bungees (or what ever you have to hand)
  • Then and again this is important, protect the frame between the carb and air box) with some dense cardboard (cereal boxes are good for this) and tape. This will stopp the frame getting scratch as you pull the carbs out (ask me how I know)
  • Then Loosen all 4x clamaps on the rubber boots between the carbs and the cylinder head and then slide the carbs out.
  • Then you should be easily able to disconnect the choke and throttle cable
Regard step 5, I found removing these boots entirely made my life so much easier when removing the carbs. Then what I did was after I had installed the carbs, I put all 4 boots in boiling/very hot water in a container to sofen them up, then applied some WD40/GT85 to the carb/airbox ends of the boots and then pushed them through the holes in the airbox making sure they seated oin the carbs and seated correctly in the airbox. The airbox side is like a rubber grommet type install.

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 11 February 2023, 12:22:14 pm »
Now listed on e bay

nordboy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1