Date: 27-04-24  Time: 06:55 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 666955 times)

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #1225 on: 03 March 2017, 10:30:21 am »
the HMG ads all over the place for the workplace pensions

"don't forget to enrol......blah blah blah"

fuck off you slimy twats......you always move the goalposts and stitch us up like fuckin kippers. I signed up for a pension on ABC, now you're telling me I have to abide by XYZ
then you have cunts like MR GREEN(E) and MAXWELL

shower of cunts..........................rant over
fire never sleeps

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: 03 March 2017, 11:30:54 am »
very true,   then you become old and ill and that pays for the care costs.   thank you very much ker ching.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: 03 March 2017, 11:54:50 am »
Thinking about the TV licence debate that foccer's are talking about, I sort of fall down on the side of the voluntary payment should the pensioner choose, the thing is that choice is not being taken away but is actually being offered if you think about it.

I hit the grand old age of 70 in 7 days time (No presents please, Just Cash or Beer tokens) I have been fortunate throughout my life health wise, and as such have retained my mobility, and, apart from work related damage to both wrists (No don't even think it, or worse say it) that part of the damage happened a bit later in life :eek and because of good health and remaining fit I was able to continue laying bricks up until I hit 68.
No I'm not a rich guy, but I was sensible through my working life as self employed and paid money into a pension scheme as well as gaining some other private pension when I worked for the Government for about 9 years. 

I worked with a small team of builders (Mates) and we took on one off house builds, extensions and the like, I could still keep up with the 40 year old guys when the premix trucks turned up, but my grip was starting to cause me problems and at one point I almost dropped a 8 X 4 sheet of 3/4" ply on a workmate below me, my grip was going, the same week whilst climbing about on some scaffolding I lost my grip on an upright pole and fell backwards only to be grabbed by the iron like grip of Keith my labourer, had he not held me i would have fallen about 16 feet onto a load of hardcore, and at 68 we do not bounce. I put my tools away on that Friday and have not done any work since (almost 2 years now) I still keep up with the guys some are bikers and we ride out together occasionally.  Where the F--k am I going with this? we were talking about voluntary TV payments, Oh yeah! (Don't laugh it will happen to you) anyway I am comfortable financially, and, my wife (11 years younger than I) still works as a head of department in a college and gets paid very well for her endeavours. So come the time I will happily pay for my T.V licence, I refused a free bus pass, and I do not put any load on the NHS with free prescriptions (very often). So the upshot of my ramblings is, if someone is in the position financially and chooses (Remember it is a choice) to pay for this sort of thing good luck to them.
Out there in the real world are people who live in harder circumstances who are much younger than I, the T V may be their only comfort, so if by some of us old farts paying helps keep the price down just a little for the masses at large then it is a good thing.
OK! I'm out of the pulpit now.       
« Last Edit: 03 March 2017, 12:12:39 pm by tommyardin »

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: 03 March 2017, 12:21:40 pm »
Thinking about the TV licence debate that foccer's are talking about, I sort of fall down on the side of the voluntary payment should the pensioner choose, the thing is that choice is not being taken away but is actually being offered if you think about it.

I hit the grand old age of 70 in 7 days time (No presents please, Just Cash or Beer tokens) I have been fortunate throughout my life health wise, and as such have retained my mobility, and, apart from work related damage to both wrists (No don't even think it, or worse say it) that part of the damage happened a bit later in life :eek and because of good health and remaining fit I was able to continue laying bricks up until I hit 68.
No I'm not a rich guy, but I was sensible through my working life as self employed and paid money into a pension scheme as well as gaining some other private pension when I worked for the Government for about 9 years. 

I worked with a small team of builders (Mates) and we took on one off house builds, extensions and the like, I could still keep up with the 40 year old guys when the premix trucks turned up, but my grip was starting to cause me problems and at one point I almost dropped a 8 X 4 sheet of 3/4" ply on a workmate below me, my grip was going, the same week whilst climbing about on some scaffolding I lost my grip on an upright pole and fell backwards only to be grabbed by the iron like grip of Keith my labourer, had he not held me i would have fallen about 16 feet onto a load of hardcore, and at 68 we do not bounce. I put my tools away on that Friday and have not done any work since (almost 2 years now) I still keep up with the guys some are bikers and we ride out together occasionally.  Where the F--k am I going with this? we were talking about voluntary TV payments, Oh yeah! (Don't laugh it will happen to you) anyway I am comfortable financially, and, my wife (11 years younger than I) still works as a head of department in a college and gets paid very well for her endeavours. So come the time I will happily pay for my T.V licence, I refused a free bus pass, and I do not put any load on the NHS with free prescriptions (very often). So the upshot of my ramblings is, if someone is in the position financially and chooses (Remember it is a choice) to pay for this sort of thing good luck to them.
Out there in the real world are people who live in harder circumstances who are much younger than I, the T V may be their only comfort, so if by some of us old farts paying helps keep the price down just a little for the masses at large then it is a good thing.
OK! I'm out of the pulpit now.       

You honestly really think it'll stop them putting the price up???
I don't think so!
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: 03 March 2017, 07:43:07 pm »
You honestly really think it'll stop them putting the price up???
I don't think so!

Dunno :rolleyes

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: 04 March 2017, 12:08:57 am »

Have you noticed every now and then a Politician when talking about the state pension and the triple lock that Osborne brought in may have to be reviewed as the country cannot afford this Benefit. THE STATE PENSION IS NOT A BENEFIT.
When they can find £360 million for repairs to Buckingham Palace & Parliament repair bill 'could top £3bn'
When I need a new roof on my house I pay for it myself, the queen is not short of a few bob , so dig deep betty, The house of lies and false promises just keep let it become a national monument and build a new one , or better still there is a perfectly good parliament building in N Ireland will become vacant very soon as yet again that lot over there are doing there best to fuck it up all over again.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: 04 March 2017, 07:44:11 am »
People that can't handle their booze (or worse).....then try and bore the feck out of you at the end of the night in your local.
Go and jump in front of an ambulance or something, even more so if you're on drugs and generally talking like a complete tosser, because i'm seriously not interested in hearing your drivel when i'm trying to enjoy my own tipple.
I swear i seem to attract nutters as soon as it goes past midnight.  :rolleyes

crickleymal

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: 04 March 2017, 09:05:55 am »
Highways England or whatever they call themselves. There was an accident two weeks ago on the M5 just north of junction 4. Someone smashed into the concrete barrier on the central reservation. So they stuck a 40 limit up whilst they repaired it. 2 weeks later the limit is still in place. Nobody is obeying it so I emailed them. Now the limit is still in placed but now the overhead gantry signs say "Barrier repairs. 40 mph limit". There is no work happening at any time of day and the buggers won't answer any emails.
Malc

Old enough to know better.

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: 04 March 2017, 10:24:37 am »
On my route to work I have to pass through Tilbury--every road in is blocked by temporary traffic lights -One is getting new traffic lights and we are 4 weeks in? they haven't even put a pole up yet so guessing we'll get those along with xmas lights in Nov?

Why does every feckin thing in the UK take 4-10 times longer than any where else now?

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: 05 March 2017, 01:36:50 am »

Tilbury feck me I used to sail into Tilbury port years ago, and people slag off Liverpool, at least we stopped eating our young years ago.
There used to be a pub just out side the dock gates , name escapes me just now. I was standing having a quiet pint and this big fecker says to me, your not local are you? a hush fell all around me. I thought here we go !!!were are you from? Belfast I says !!! oh a Paddy eh! No mate just a lad of a ship having a quiet pint do we have a problem here? not if you buy me a pint !!
I thought feck it regardless I am in for a kicking here. In 1972 and being from Belfast and in England there was not a lot down for me. Call it a pre-emptive strike but I decked the twat in one. I am not a hard case by any means, but before we had got to this I cast my eye around the bar , I had about 15 Filipino crew mates dotted around the bar so thought I was on pretty safe ground.
Some say the Irish are thick lol.

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: 05 March 2017, 08:55:10 am »
Aint changed much except when they stopped eating the kids some grew up and instead of fighting old school they use blades.

Thankfully the dock gates have gone and been replaced with a new entry, everytime I go near it, there seems to be a new huge logistics hub going up, destroying the neighbourhood--there no place left to fight now.

And the big fella you met is known locally as deckie as he was always lying on it. hehe  :rollin

But seriously as a Glaswegian it aint nothing compared to the Gorballs or Drumchapell.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: 05 March 2017, 12:00:45 pm »
or Maryhill :lol
fire never sleeps

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: 05 March 2017, 12:19:40 pm »
electrics

put a new battery on the bike and now the heated grips come on without even switching the box on, my digital gear indicator has stopped working and to top it all, so's the horn

I literally lifted the bolts/terminal connectors out dropped the new battery in and retightened the bolts so fucked knows why its gone tits up

I can live without the grips for now as summer approaches but the gear indicator was something I'd got used to....now having to think/remember what gear I'm in :lol

the horn may well have just packed in anyway
fire never sleeps

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: 05 March 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
electrics

put a new battery on the bike and now the heated grips come on without even switching the box on, my digital gear indicator has stopped working and to top it all, so's the horn

I literally lifted the bolts/terminal connectors out dropped the new battery in and retightened the bolts so fucked knows why its gone tits up

I can live without the grips for now as summer approaches but the gear indicator was something I'd got used to....now having to think/remember what gear I'm in :lol

the horn may well have just packed in anyway

A battery is only +/-, that sounds very iffy and you need to find the issue before it fries something.
Without sounding patronising, batteries either don't work, or mess things up when polarity is reversed.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: 06 March 2017, 12:53:24 pm »
old bat was fooked mate spout the new one on and I'm at a loss to why things have fooked up, the LBS is going to have a look this week, everything has been disconnected from the bat for now so can still ride
fire never sleeps

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: 06 March 2017, 12:56:25 pm »

Glasgow haha try being the rear gunner on a milk float in Belfast  :lol

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: 06 March 2017, 11:21:53 pm »

Glasgow haha try being the rear gunner on a milk float in Belfast  :lol

:lol  Great place Glasgow. Also known as Belfast-Lite by the Irish.
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: 07 March 2017, 02:03:38 pm »
at least you had a gun :lol
fire never sleeps

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: 07 March 2017, 05:39:05 pm »
Seems like the Paddys are taking a bit of a hammering in here.
So shut the fuck up and leave us alone :'(

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: 07 March 2017, 07:10:33 pm »
Once again just proves what bunch of mongrels we are in the UK.

But I am sure we have every set of Temp Traffic lights in Europe here in Essex at moment!!

Happy to dig up roads but the repairs are feckin deadly.  :eek

Why do they have to spend 90% of their road repair budget in 1 month?

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: 07 March 2017, 08:18:29 pm »
I can rip the arse outta Paddy's............I'm Scouse
fire never sleeps

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: 07 March 2017, 09:45:46 pm »
Scousers the only peeps poorer than the folks from the Gorbals you gotta love em, except John Bishop that is. Lol

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: 08 March 2017, 06:44:10 am »
Once again just proves what bunch of mongrels we are in the UK.

But I am sure we have every set of Temp Traffic lights in Europe here in Essex at moment!!

Happy to dig up roads but the repairs are feckin deadly.  :eek

Why do they have to spend 90% of their road repair budget in 1 month?

At least you're getting repairs, i had last week off then went back to work and saw holes in the road that had appeared on the way to work about a foot in diameter and 3 inches deep!!!

JoeyMcEssex

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Guzzi Breva 1100
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: 08 March 2017, 06:11:08 pm »
Thats what you get when you live in a war zone!! :lol

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: 08 March 2017, 06:48:35 pm »
on about roads there is one by me that has had potholes for 12 months,   prince Charles visited last week, guess what  it,s done.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)