Date: 30-04-24  Time: 22:53 pm

Author Topic: R6 shock mod or Nitron sport  (Read 2787 times)

cbx63

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
R6 shock mod or Nitron sport
« on: 23 March 2014, 08:41:26 pm »
Was going to get the R6 shock mod but have a bit more cash than I thought (no luke you cant charge me more  :D )sooooo do I get the R6 mod and some new fork springs or the Nitron sport shock and sort the front out later...
Bearing in mind I don't ride like Rossi and i'm touring Europe this summer two up fully loaded....

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: R6 shock mod or Nitron sport
« Reply #1 on: 23 March 2014, 09:15:39 pm »
R6 shock then access the front many leave front alone after conversion as rear shock works and front is no over compensating for it's poor performance
Choice is yours
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

Ianboydsnr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 March 2014, 09:28:15 pm »
Was going to get the R6 shock mod but have a bit more cash than I thought (no luke you cant charge me more  :D )sooooo do I get the R6 mod and some new fork springs or the Nitron sport shock and sort the front out later...
Bearing in mind I don't ride like Rossi and i'm touring Europe this summer two up fully loaded....

I am going to do the cheap front spring mod sometime soon, which involves cutting an inch or so off the spring and replacing it with a spacer, and replace the fork bushes, I was going to buy the R6 rear shock,  but managed to get a very low miles Nitron shock, the expensive one, for only slightly more, it has height adjustment, but I have yet to try it on the road, as I only fitted it mid week and the bike is booked in for a mot on the first of next month, I would have certainly bought the R6 shock if the Nitron had not turned up cheap!

russ

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 April 2014, 09:11:08 am »
Just fitted r6  shock supplied by Luke, which was all set up by him for me, just had to fit the shock, then put front settings back to standard, all sorted, handling in now spot on, and not toooo much cash spent £250, bargain, thanks for being so helpful Luke

PieEater

• GP Hero
  • Thank You Melton Mowbray, Yamaha & Ivan
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 April 2014, 10:26:22 am »
IMHO I think you'd need to be looking at the Nitron Track shock before ruling out the R6 shock. The Basic Nitron Sport shock lacks features of the OEM Fazer shock like independent adjustment for compression & rebound damping and a remote reservoir. The R6 shock gives you these so is going to be more of a like for like upgrade, the Nitron Track also has these and brings ride height adjustment to the mix.

cbx63

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 April 2014, 10:32:57 am »
Went for the R6 shock .... wish id done it ages ago , I'm no Rossi but the ride is transformed and two up is a delight not a dread (well apart from having the wife on the back)

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 April 2014, 02:07:39 pm »
I've had an Ohlins on mine for years.  While it was away for servicing, I tried the R6 shock.  I kept it on the bike for almost 8 months and was in no rush to change it when the Ohlins was returned to me. 

Says it all, I think. ;)

Ianboydsnr

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 April 2014, 05:13:04 pm »
IMHO I think you'd need to be looking at the Nitron Track shock before ruling out the R6 shock. The Basic Nitron Sport shock lacks features of the OEM Fazer shock like independent adjustment for compression & rebound damping and a remote reservoir. The R6 shock gives you these so is going to be more of a like for like upgrade, the Nitron Track also has these and brings ride height adjustment to the mix.

I have a Nitron race shock, bought it unused for the same price as the R6 upgrade, it's fooking  ace  :lol

shrekster

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - R1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 April 2014, 09:58:00 pm »
I ordered a Nitron sport shock last week and hopefully i'll have it in the next couple of weeks. I had one on my ST1100 and it totally changed the bike for the better, really plush controlled ride. I'm hoping the new one will do the same for my Fazer.

Jim.

ricknz

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 October 2014, 10:35:15 am »
Is there anyone on the forum that supplies R6 shocks for Gen1? The more I read about them the more I think its the way to go as a budget upgrade from the standard Gen1 shock... postage to NZ may be a little scary though (although I am visiting my folks in April next year so could bring it back myself then...)

Lank

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - 03 FZS1000, GSXR k4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 October 2014, 11:48:11 am »
Is there anyone on the forum that supplies R6 shocks for Gen1? The more I read about them the more I think its the way to go as a budget upgrade from the standard Gen1 shock... postage to NZ may be a little scary though (although I am visiting my folks in April next year so could bring it back myself then...)

speak to devilsyam, second poster on this thread