Date: 01-05-24  Time: 16:26 pm

Author Topic: Cut down seat for shorter riders.  (Read 1071 times)

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
    • Beginner Biker Adventures
Cut down seat for shorter riders.
« on: 25 September 2012, 12:48:56 pm »
I've got a 2003 FZS600, which is fine for me, however my wife finds it a bit high. She's a bit of short ass at only 5'2", and with feet down can only touch floor with tip toes... I use the bike most of the time, but now and again, my wife would like to take it out. We were thinking it would be a good plan to get a second seat that's cut down a bit for her. Dead quick to swap over and would help her get her feet flat on floor.

Is there anywhere I can get another seat off the shelf? Or would it be a case of getting another official seat and customising it? Any recommendations for any one who can do this?

markbubble

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - heinkels,excelsiors
    • View Profile
Re: Cut down seat for shorter riders.
« Reply #1 on: 25 September 2012, 01:43:28 pm »
if it doesnt drop the bike too low for you how about putting lowering dogbones on it and save having the messing and expense of another seat,if it be too low then look for a cheapo  used seat and get it altered at auto trimmers or have a go yourself etc

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 September 2012, 01:53:50 pm »
I'm fairly tall myself (6'1"), so not to keen on lowering for both of us. I've already got my feet flat on floor. I'll look out for a second hand seat and google some guides on customising it. Wife will probably only use the bike now and again, so don't want to spend a fortune.

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 September 2012, 03:43:13 pm »
Why not try and go for a late bid on this one, if it's not already you? Sorry if you're the person bidding and also reading this as well......... :o
Bidding finishes around 7pm, but beware the £20 postage on top as well.
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-fzs600-seat-/170911593264?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item27cb1ff330
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

Arfa

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 September 2012, 04:30:39 pm »
Have now found one in the classifieds on here, already lowered, looks just the ticket!  Thanks for pointers anyway.