Date: 27-04-24  Time: 23:40 pm

Author Topic: what did you do with your fazer today ?  (Read 1605589 times)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: what did you do with your fazer today ?
« Reply #2550 on: 27 April 2014, 07:12:18 pm »
Rode up to RAF Cosford for the annual Midland Air Ambulance Bikefest. Stayed dry mostly except heavy shower mid-afternoon Highlight of the day was a flypast by Supermarine Spitfire-what a beautiful sound that 12 cylinder Rolls Royce Merlin!!! loads of bikes there including a handful of Fazers. Shropshires idea of road resurfacing seems to be chuck a few tons of loose gravel about! :eek

Cosford bike fest, someone keptm that quiet :eek

Did my trade training there  :D

MarkWales

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: 27 April 2014, 07:21:30 pm »
 :eek  discovered I had no rear brake light - adjusted rear brake switch and now it works  :rolleyes

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2552 on: 27 April 2014, 09:32:17 pm »
Rode to Brighton loaded with panniers, top box and tank bag with a load of stock. Weather was pretty misable.

Sold some of it at a market, then came home. At least the weather was better!

Lank

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - 03 FZS1000, GSXR k4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: 27 April 2014, 09:37:59 pm »
fitted some bar risers and dropped the forks 10mm. Still needs a test ride

Soapy

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: 27 April 2014, 10:14:01 pm »
Rode up to RAF Cosford for the annual Midland Air Ambulance Bikefest. Stayed dry mostly except heavy shower mid-afternoon Highlight of the day was a flypast by Supermarine Spitfire-what a beautiful sound that 12 cylinder Rolls Royce Merlin!!! loads of bikes there including a handful of Fazers. Shropshires idea of road resurfacing seems to be chuck a few tons of loose gravel about! :eek

So did I. Jan 79 to May 80. Feels like a lifetime ago

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: 27 April 2014, 11:14:51 pm »

So did I. Jan 79 to May 80. Feels like a lifetime ago

Feb 85 to Jul 86 for me - Air Communications (L Tech AC).
Felt like a lifetime doing it  :\
« Last Edit: 27 April 2014, 11:17:53 pm by nick crisp »

Anquetil

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS 600 2003, FZS 600 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: 28 April 2014, 06:54:48 pm »
Beautiful, sunny afternoon, 120 miles. Wrexham, Corwen, Bala, Cerrig, Llyn Brenig, Llansannan, Abergele, Colwyn Bay, coffee and teacake at the Cayley, Rhos on Sea, then home via St Asaph, Denbigh, Ruthin, Nant y Garth, Llandegla. Quiet roads, quite a few bikers out.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: 30 April 2014, 06:27:25 pm »
Got my new Metzeler roadtec Z8 interact fitted for the weekends ride down to my mums at Weston Super  mare
front metzeler Roadtec z8 interact
front metzeler Roadtec z8 interact
« Last Edit: 30 April 2014, 06:28:17 pm by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600,CB400/4,X7,CB250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: 30 April 2014, 08:01:56 pm »
Taxed the 600.......yep, thats right, "the stuttering one" is back on the road     :D :D..........could be the last tax disc I buy 
One, is never going to be enough.....

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: 30 April 2014, 08:02:32 pm »
A really nice day out today, starting with a run to Gloucester to drop off a copy of my CV and give the potential new employer the once over. You live in hope  :rolleyes
Then down along the Severn on the A48 to Chepstow, where I had a good look round the castle. Beautiful, extensive, fascinating, and well worth the £4.50 entrance charge - recommended  :)

Then up the Wye Valley by way of Tintern - a stop at the tea rooms by the abbey - I think I'm being stalked by 4-layer chocolate fudge cake (for gawd's sake, don't tell me doctor!)  :b

Up to Monmouth, and A40 home. 160 miles, so just local really  :D

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: 30 April 2014, 08:12:37 pm »
My route for Sturday Nick,then back through Cheddar

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: 30 April 2014, 08:17:59 pm »
Another good day out nick  ;).....and as usual some great piccies......good luck with the job....

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: 30 April 2014, 08:32:53 pm »
Nice one Nick...i concur good photos...you sure get about.

I got foc all scenic photos, just the usual drivel........i did 230 miles today to get warmed up for tomorrow......did some right newb things but eventually got in the flow & carved some decent turns & i had a great time...although i got soaked on the way back...for a fair weather rider i seem to do an awful lot of riding on the rain/fog/sleet :rolleyes .....noggyfighter was a little slow to pick up low down to begin with....a good thrashing seems to have cured that well :)

Went Aberystwyth for a lech....very quiet.....but looky looky.....a mighty thou.....taught the guy the foccer salute & he was amused & did it to me as i rode off....he has used foc-u but never joined so i said he should....apparently he has a 600 under a dust sheet....check out his number plate too. 8)

Then it was off to Rhayader......& llandovery which was also quiet.....& the same foccin red fiesta is blocking the car park...complete with police will impound thus vehicle docs on the windscreen.
« Last Edit: 30 April 2014, 08:34:00 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #2563 on: 30 April 2014, 08:42:18 pm »
My IAM Group is having a Scatter Rally each month, this month's competition is to find pubs or cafe's etc in places starting with letters A to E, take a pic of your bike next to them and then making the longest route between them.

I got three a while back in Aldershot, Cove and Eversley, today I was doing the other two in Burley and Durnston near Ringwood (you don't have to do them in order, just get the longest "virtual route")

I got there from Portsmouth by going via the Morestead Road, Winchester and Salisbury because it was a nice day for a ride :)

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: 30 April 2014, 08:43:29 pm »
Nice one Nick...i concur good photos...you sure get about.

I got foc all scenic photos, just the usual drivel........i did 230 miles today to get warmed up for tomorrow......did some right newb things but eventually got in the flow & carved some decent turns & i had a great time...although i got soaked on the way back...for a fair weather rider i seem to do an awful lot of riding on the rain/fog/sleet :rolleyes .....noggyfighter was a little slow to pick up low down to begin with....a good thrashing seems to have cured that well :)

Went Aberystwyth for a lech....very quiet.....but looky looky.....a mighty thou.....taught the guy the foccer salute & he was amused & did it to me as i rode off....he has used foc-u but never joined so i said he should....apparently he has a 600 under a dust sheet....check out his number plate too. 8)

Then it was off to Rhayader......& llandovery which was also quiet.....& the same foccin red fiesta is blocking the car park...complete with police will impound thus vehicle docs on the windscreen.

"Looky, looky".....you dirty old foccer.........mrs nog not a member on here then....... :rolleyes
so , you get to  "looky, looky"  and all we get is yet another piccie of the nogfighter   :rolleyes
have a good day tomorrow mr nog.....and.........dont forget the piccies   :D
« Last Edit: 30 April 2014, 08:45:24 pm by red98 »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: 30 April 2014, 08:56:59 pm »
My route for Sturday Nick,then back through Cheddar

Stop at the castle if you get time Bill - an hour or so if you don't linger too much. Fantastic views of the Wye Valley from the battlements. Nice tea rooms at Tintern- pleasant outside if the weather is kind, plenty of indoor seating if not. Enjoy!

Another good day out nick  ;) .....and as usual some great piccies......good luck with the job....

Thanks Paul. Hopefully looking at the next phase of my motorcycle trade career. And if I get it, hope to be moving to Gloucester.
On the doorstep of Wales! Oooooooh shit!  :lol

Just a bimble today Noggy, taking in the scenery. Bike doesn't seem tip-top at the mo - I think the carbs could do with a balance - service soon anyway, going to be a big one pre-Euro tour  :D
I thought those last photos you got, on the misty day, were excellent - very atmospheric.

Yeah, that red car with the bodge tape go faster stripes has been there every time I have this year - think it's parked in exactly the same spot, not moved at all. Make em an offer  :lol

Good luck with the thou - take it easy, eh?

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: 30 April 2014, 10:11:42 pm »
 a few years ago some American traced our family tree, the story said my family built tintern abbey, at least something is still standing lol.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: 30 April 2014, 10:35:14 pm »
left the cover off it from yesterday, and now its soaking as it pissed it down while i was out...guess ill be washing it after work tomorrow now  :rolleyes

slimwilly

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: 01 May 2014, 06:21:33 am »
a few years ago some American traced our family tree, the story said my family built tintern abbey, at least something is still standing lol.
About time they came and finished building it then !!!!

red98

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: 01 May 2014, 07:51:27 pm »
 Bought a prezzie for the mighty thou....the "peep peep"from the standard horn is just not man enough....130db that should wake a few cagers up   ;)

well just been out to the garage and hooked the new horns up to an old battery.......foc me there loud   :eek.....bought off ebay for 12.99 free postage...seller,twowheeljunky....ordered monday night delivered thursday monring   ;)
« Last Edit: 01 May 2014, 08:28:09 pm by red98 »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: 01 May 2014, 10:14:42 pm »
Where'd you mount em Paul? Piccy? How easy to wire up? Very interested, couldn't agree more about the poxy useless OEM jobby.

AllyBally

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: 01 May 2014, 11:35:24 pm »
very nice Red.
 I agree about the standard horn, planning on taking the twin horns I put on the Divvy,sticking the original back on then fitting the twins to the Fazer. Am tempted to just buy a nice shiny new pair but haven't had a good look for some real loud ones, they all seem to be around 130db. My old ones are 155 and paid about 15-20 few years ago, they're nice and LOUD  :evil
 Nick, they are easy to fit,just used bigger mounting bracket on the Divvy, and a small extension to connect the wiring from one horn to the second.
The voices told me to do it !!

mickvp

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: 01 May 2014, 11:49:55 pm »
Where'd you mount em Paul? Piccy? How easy to wire up? Very interested, couldn't agree more about the poxy useless OEM jobby.

theres a guide on Pat's site for duel horn installation:

http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/dualhorninstallation.html

:)

esetest

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MotoguzziV7racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: 02 May 2014, 04:48:25 pm »
Took it to Victor motorcycle for Mot at 9.30am , walk to Mcdonalds while waiting and have bacon&egg macmuffin , walk back , failed Mot due to horn not working , says he's checked connections and can't see anything wrong , got home , had a quick look , fuse has blown , get a fuse and a couple of spares from Roys Autos . Phone Victor , line busy . Had a job to do at Clevedon Medical centre , get home , take a chance , ride back to Victor motorcycle , tell him it was blown fuse , he has to finish Mot on Honda Blackbird and then he will check mine , all ok , new Mot , so will be able to go out for a ride on Sunday ( happy days ) .

andybesy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: 02 May 2014, 05:35:47 pm »
Feeling rather pleased with myself. Just changed all the brake pads front and rear. All went smoothly. Went so far as to take calipers off this time. Good clean. Copper slip and rubber grease in all the right places.

After fixing the centre stand spring last weekend and cleaning out the front sprocket area one before that I feel like I'm on a bit of a roll!

I wonder what I'll take apart next?