Date: 27-04-24  Time: 02:35 am

Author Topic: Surprisingly good service  (Read 1140 times)

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
Surprisingly good service
« on: 08 May 2012, 04:47:40 pm »
I've been meaning to mention this for a while. I noticed a hole in my Motad stainless downpipes after about 6 months use so contacted Motad. The first guy I spoke to wanted the old pipes back for repair, which I thought was reasonable, but he went on holiday. The person who took over sent me out a new set without getting the old ones back, so I could stay on the road, and arranged for the old set to be collected at a time convenient for me. They even supplied replacement gaskets.

I was taken aback by how quickly and professionally they resolved it, it was all sorted in about 2 weeks and I didn't even have to chase them up or argue my case.

Very refreshing and will definitely use them in the future  :)
thou shalt not kick

MEM62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Motad
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2012, 10:00:58 am »
They usually get excellent reports for customer service and a quality product.  I have a set of Motad downpipes on my VFR (Along with thousands of other VFR owners no doubt) and they are a very well made piece of kit. 

Hodge

• Foc-U suck-up-to-admin and good taste in bikes Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GSX650F
    • View Profile
Re: Surprisingly good service
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2012, 11:38:40 am »
It's always a nice to get the customer service we expect.

Phil TK

• GP Hero
  • up yer..
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2012, 01:57:25 pm »
I noticed a hole in my Motad stainless downpipes after about 6 months use

I'll give those a wide steer then.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2012, 04:44:24 pm »
It was tiny and I only noticed it because of soot built up around it. It looked like a manufacturing fault rather than a failure of the stainless/welds so I will be going back if I need another set in the future. Every company has "issues" but it's how they deal with them that's important.
thou shalt not kick

richfzs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2012, 04:50:40 pm »
Exactly Rob. Everybody without fail, makes a mistake, or has a manufacturing issue, occaisionally. What sorts the wheat from the chaff, is how they respond to that. Based on this experience, I will certainly be considering Motad when my downpipes need replacing.

clayt74

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11 May 2012, 08:22:54 am »
I have just purchased and fitted the motad pipes and collector unit to my 2002 FZS600 and I am very pleased with them!!!
I gave them a good check over before fitting them and was impressed with the finish and the quality of the welds and very impressed with how well they fitted straight to the bike, no wrestling or poor alignment issues at all.
and Motad give the stainless steel a 10 year warranty!!!!!
with service such as dryrob has experianced i wouldnt recommend anything else other than Motad