Date: 17-05-24  Time: 03:59 am

Author Topic: MRA X-creen XCTA (Touring)  (Read 2407 times)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
MRA X-creen XCTA (Touring)
« on: 14 June 2016, 09:42:06 pm »
Had a trawl through the minefield of "what windscreen", and wondered if anyone has tried one of these fitted to the stock Fazer screen.Was thinking of just using the fitting to clamp it to the top of the screen to hopefully get a relaxed cruising speed around the 85/90 mark abroad.Thanks in advance for any opinions.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: MRA X-creen XCTA (Touring)
« Reply #1 on: 15 June 2016, 04:12:54 pm »
I have a Puig Double bubble screen with an X-creen (sport on mine). It makes the BB more bearable at speed and just about okay for 80-90 cruising. The touring one would be better I imagine, but the standard screen is pretty small.

For day to day legal speed riding, I find the street fighter short screen the best for noise and buffeting, but over 80 on the motorway and your head is coming off  :(

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June 2016, 12:25:17 am »
Thanks Tmation for your reply and pics.The touring version is about 70mm taller than your sport model.Is the Puig screen taller than the stock screen.The Fazer is such a do it all bike, let down IMHO by its lack of fast cruising ability.My old GS1150 was not a quick bike by any means, but you could sit at 90 from one fill up to the next, which when getting down to the south of France is all I'm after.Do you think the Puig and the MRA touring would achieve what I'm after.Height wise I'm just under 6ft.
Thanks
Robbo.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June 2016, 04:10:44 pm »
I think the Puig is about 2 to 3 inches taller than standard. From about 85/90mph it shakes my helmet so much I can't see where I am going (helmet shape might also come into play). With the X-creen it is much improved with less noise and buffeting, I think the touring X-creen would make the final improvement.

I am 5'10" BTW

Good luck, let me know how you get on

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16 June 2016, 04:57:06 pm »
Tmation,
Thanks for your info.Height wise we're of similar stamp, I'm using an Arai. Have had a quick search for a Puig double bubble but they might not be  so readily available now.Out of the country at the moment but will have a proper look when I can get to my laptop on my return. Thanks again for your info.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 June 2016, 07:36:02 am »
Try the X-creen touring with your standard screen first it maybe okay, if you need more protection then look for other screens.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17 June 2016, 08:58:48 pm »
I'll have a measure up tomorrow to make sure the top edge is wide enough.Thanks for the suggestion.