Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Headlights Not Working

(1/2) > >>

Lemongrab:
The headlights on my 2002 FZS600 have recently stopped working.
The sidelights work, and the flash to pass lever works for the main beam - but I have no dipped or main beam using the toggle switch on the RHS bar.
The dimmer switch on the LHS bar does nothing either.
Any ideas?

BBROWN1664:
the switch on the RHS will go from off, to side light on to headlight on. This needs to be in the fully on position first
The switch on the LHS then controls if you have high or dipped beam.
Assuming the RHS switch is on and the LHS switch is in the high beam position but you have no high (RHS bulb) illuminated except for when pushing the flash button then it looks like the switch or the connection to the loom on the LHS switch gear has a problem with the common connection to the high/low switch.
If the High beam works but low/dipped doesnt then it could be the bulb.

Lemongrab:
It's a foxeye model, so both bulbs are supposed to be illuminated at the same time for dipped and main beam.

Since the flash works I've ruled out the bulbs for now.

It's sounding like the RHS switch, a relay or a loom has failed somewhere.

BBROWN1664:
You need to check the wiring and see if you are getting 12v on the wire that controls the headlight from the RHS switch then see if you are getting 12v on the common wire to teh LHS switch then on the output from the LHS switch for high and dipped/low beam.
If the flasher switch is illuminating the bulbs then high beam should work if the switches work and you dont have a bad connection on one of the plugs

Lemongrab:
I've got some time to take it in to a garage soon.

Can anyone point me to where I can buy both relays? I've checked eBay but not sure the right parts are there.

Failing that does anyone know the part numbers for a 2002 bike?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version